Run-On Sentence Walkthrough

MICHL

Great guide. Took me 2 tries (First, accidentally fell off the cliff with the "bad words" part) Otherwise it was easy. Entered the last part with 1 less flare gun ammo and 2 less flares and still finished it no problem along with the "Fast and Furious" chievo. Great guide!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
So clear this one up for me please,i cant quit to main menu and continue another time even if i havn't died,i've got to do it all in one go start to finish without leaving the game?

Yup. exactly... do this in one sitting.

This is to prevent anyone to quit to dashboard as you're about to die.

Thank you for taking the time to write this guide Michl! On my original playthrough of The Signal, I figured there'd be no way I could pull this off. But your tips for each section made it very simple. Now I think it's kinda funny that I haven't even gotten the alarm clocks or the cardboard cutouts, but I have Run-on Sentence.

• 1 month later...

I just complete this one my second try (my first try was spent collecting all of the collectables, and it's pretty difficult to get this achievement while going for them).

Really, there are only three areas you really have to worry about. Obviously, you should take care at all of the parts, but these are the parts that require luck and/or patience.

The Woods (with the *Booms* and *Fireworks*) - Once you pass the TV, do not attempt to fight enemies unless they are directly in front of you. If you are being followed, drop a flare and keep running. The fireworks are VERY helpful and the booms can be helpful (although I didn't really need to use them).

The Church Cellar - I may have been extremely risky here, but I did this twice without any real difficulty. After you kill the first batch of enemies as soon as you turn the corner, just turn right and follow the wall. Keep as far right as possible. When you see the bigger taken, try to kill him with one of the furnaces. After that, run passed where he was and drop a flare. DO NOT STOP. The flare will light off furnaces in your area and you will probably get hit (but not enough to kill you. When you get to the stairs, drop a flare, shine your light to get the ladder to come down and climb it. If done quickly, you can do this without having to use another flare.

The Streetlight Wooded Area (or however I am to explain it) - Once you veer off to the right, just go straight and run off of the ledge which will take you down a level and save you some time. From here, get ready to use your flares. Just continue to keep running and dropping flares. I made it through using 3, but if you need to use more, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Follow the GPS and you're home free.

Aside from those, you can easily stay back and kill the enemies or, a lot of the time, just completely dodge the fight completely by dropping a flare and running out of the building or to the safe haven. Make sure you pick up every flare you see, as you will definitely need them.

- For the final fight, you will need 4 flare gun bullets and preferably 3-4 flares (this isn't necessary, but if you've made it this far, you might as well use this to make sure you don't get hit. This part is simple with flare guns.

- You can make it through the bad words area easily without getting hit. Just shine your light on the flare on the right and pick them up and then just run to the GPS without shining your light on anything. The books (or whatever they are) overheard could hit you, but they won't kill you if you're quick enough. Once you make it to the light, turn around and get the tools on your left.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This was pretty damn easy especially if you do this on a second run. For most encounters I just hauled ass and kited enemies towards safe havens whenever possible. I don't think I ran into any particularly difficult situations considering I finished the game with maxed ammo since I mostly ran towards the exit(like oh so many COD veteran runs). I would advise using the dodge button as often as possible as it helped with random thrown hatchets(they make a particular sound when thrown), and teleporting taken that love to pop up right behind you and hug ya. I would also conserve flares until you're near death as that makes the Taken back off enough for your health to replenish and you to pop off a few shots to thin their ranks. Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...

Man this achievement was nerve racking. The most frustrating part was the unskippable stuff you had to suffer through every time if you messed up. I'm so happy to have that finished. Now I can play the Writer and hopefully have an easier time with the no death achievement in that DLC. Then I'll have all of the achievements. :dance:

• 2 months later...

Wow... Stupid guide for the Bad words section... seriously.

Run back to kill the birds... first try they killed me while running back, second try I needed to waste 2 or 3 Flares because they dropped me on low health, and I only had 1 Flare for the Streetlight area.

Pfff

Wanna hear a good advice for the Bad words section? Just look to the sky, and straightly run. Never died in my tries before on that section, thought a step by step guide would help.

The tent thing with the truck before the church was helpful, so there are definitely some nice "tricks" in that guide. But not for that Bad-Word-area however.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow... Stupid guide for the Bad words section... seriously.

Run back to kill the birds... first try they killed me while running back, second try I needed to waste 2 or 3 Flares because they dropped me on low health, and I only had 1 Flare for the Streetlight area.

Pfff

Wanna hear a good advice for the Bad words section? Just look to the sky, and straightly run. Never died in my tries before on that section, thought a step by step guide would help.

The tent thing with the truck before the church was helpful, so there are definitely some nice "tricks" in that guide. But not for that Bad-Word-area however.

Just my 2 cents.

I've found the more I rush this episode, the more I die. I actually found it easier to linger and intentionally take out each word in the "Bad Words" section one at a time, watching and listening for the "birds" in the process. So I guess it's to each, his own, but you definitely wanna be careful whatever you do.

I never considered going to the tent at the church. Always just tucked myself away behind the rail just to the right of the church door *shrugs*

Note 1: While in the playground, it may be safer to jump over a few items (I think they're logs or fallen trees, somethin') along the left-most wall. You can actually hang around here and boost the poltergeists to death while remaining safe.

Note 2: Just before entering the "trap" located in the section the OP called "Riverside", know that you can actually return to the field where you were ambushed by the monster trucks. You have to "climb" the truck blocking your path by jumping along the right-hand edge. This may come in handy if you find yourself short on ammo, as there's a redbox just outside the warehouse door.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...