PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Thor: God of Thunder
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #31
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thanks for the heads up OP, you just saved me some money

Its nice to see someone actually describe why they hate it, rather then just the standard troll post "this game sucks, because it sucks" :P

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #32
Dragon83uk

Dragon83uk's Gamercard
I'm going to have to go with the general consensus here. This game trully is abysmal. I got mine on rental (thankfully), spending any real money on this would be a real tragedy. I really just cannot see a single saving grace with this one? My biggest gripe with it is the ridiculous sound settings. It may not of been so bad if I could at least follow the story, unfortunately the devs seem to of set the voice audio a million times quieter than the (supposedly) background music. How is it Marvel can produce blockbuster effects in movies then release a game of this quality? I get the purpose of movie tie-in games but when they're done this badly surely it completely defeats the point? If anything playing this game has made me a lot less interested in the film. Marvel have been in the game long enough now that crap like this is totally inexcusable. Shame on you Marvel, hang your heads!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
Black Metal Christmas

suicide by taco's Gamercard
Marvel needs to give I believe it was Raven more games. At least the Wolverine game was much better then anything Sega has published.
Black Metal Christmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #34
CrimsonLightning

Red Donut's Gamercard
might pick this up when it's really cheap for the achivements
CrimsonLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #35
JayShockblast

Jayshockblast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post
Because I don't like FPS that's why. The whole reason I worded my response the way I did was to point that out. Different people like different things. Just like people are talking about how shitty this game is. Do you think for one moment I could go into a Halo or COD forum say how much they suck and not get flamed? Its different because "more people like it"? Take Halo for instance: Space marine kills thousands of Aliens. Wow how original that plot is. Then to break up the monotoney 27 straight hours of PVP deathmatches. Seriously. If you find it exciting then good for you. I don't go into FPS forums and talk shit but EVERY movie tie in gets this: "Its total shit" whether the game deserves it or not. Yeah G.I. Joe was horrible but I didn't start threads about it.
Um, that has to be one of the dumbest response I've read in a while. The person doesn't like the game. What do first person shooters have to do with that? The game is terrible. I like first person shooters. I also like a lot of other games. Does liking first person shooters disqualify me or anyone else from having an opinion?

This game is terrible, stupid, poorly designed, poor graphics and I just can't bring myself to finish it. I have started and stopped twice. It's not happening again. This game is a travesty because it is bad, not because someone is trolling.

And yes, there aren't many movie tie-ins that are remotely good. This is on the bottom of that epic list of awful.
JayShockblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #36
ironpunisher200

ironpunisher200's Gamercard
I'll be honest. I only got this pos for the achievements. This game makes attack of the movies look quality. Thank goodness for rentals; I didn't throw down sixty bucks for this trainwreck
ironpunisher200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #37
linus614

l LINUS l's Gamercard
Marvel fan here, and let me say THIS GAME IS NOT A MOVIE TIE-IN! The only movie related anything in the game are the voice actors being the actual actors from the movie. But yeah, that game is repetitive and at times boring. Its ok for a time killer. Wait for it to hit the bargin bin and you'll have more fun with it.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
perilla74

x CraZybroth3rs's Gamercard
no esta tan mal como parece ser hay juegos peores
perilla74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #39
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus614 View Post
Marvel fan here, and let me say THIS GAME IS NOT A MOVIE TIE-IN! The only movie related anything in the game are the voice actors being the actual actors from the movie. But yeah, that game is repetitive and at times boring. Its ok for a time killer. Wait for it to hit the bargin bin and you'll have more fun with it.

2 years later and nobody is going to read it anyway but.... how is it not a tie in? it came out about the same time the majority of movie games come out in relation to the film, used almost all of the voice actors, and the characters in the game looked like thier big screen counterparts. Whether the story tracks or not, it is still technically a movie game, cause I pretty much guarentee if the movie hadn't come out, this game would have never been made... sad that it is on the way from gamefly. I'm looking for quick points, 12-15 hours for 1000 is aqbout right, no matter how much suffering I have to endure. Hell, I'm in progress on The First Templar and that game is probably one of the worst games I have ever touched.... ever.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #40
MASTERBALL

MeonOne's Gamercard
Got this from GameFly today. And I am a big Marvel fan. But this game blows. I got this game cause girlfriend likes Thor. And after seeing her play it, I thought I might as well play it for the achievements right? At this point I am not even hungry for the achievements. But I will most likely suck it up and play the rest of it or get as many achievements out out it.
I've written several guides and shared several solutions on this site. XBA banned my original account (MeonOner) because they accused me of "hacking away" at my games. XBA never showed me any proof that my games were hacked. And when I asked to show me proof XBA did not reply and just banned me. Reason why XBA was not able to come forward with proof is because my games were not hacked. Now I was forced to create a new account and start over.

"If I die today, remember me like Perfect Cell."
MASTERBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:23 AM   #41
bboy736

Rederin736's Gamercard
This game is terrible, because the graphics sucked, gameplay was mediocre at best, too many glitches to overlook, and not a really good story... also achievements were meh

bboy736 is offline   Reply With Quote