Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 2 months later...
Hey Can anyone tell me what dream mode is plz

Dream mode is the level you can play with every character after you finish their last story mode mission. It's like a bonus mission.

I'm also thinking I'll be getting a 900/1000 on this because the beat all stories and dream modes on all difficulties is basically Koei's way of saying "waste a huge amount of time on our game just so you can have 100 points added to your gamerscore".

Although that is probably going to be waaaay easier than Gears of War 2's Seriously 2.0 achievement.

Well I bet the last achievement will be easy if you have a maxed out character...

...although I recall the hardest difficulty on the last one being a b***h even with the best and even then theres the facts that ALL difficulties must be, not just the hardest.

HOWEVER while it might take awile you could just rush to the end in some stages. Think about it, lets say for example you have a level 99 with a fully beefed up 4th weapon... in theory you could run past everyone a take out the leader, sort of like a speed run.

And of course it won't be as bad as Gears Seriously achievment, this is single player. So you COULD get 1000/1000 not trying... although by that time they would have probably released WO 6 lol!

So in conclusion "Easy but very very long".

Edited by Drunk Brunk

I would've rather seen another "beat all stages on chaos", since the first game only required you to go off easy when you wanted the level 4 weapons...but that would've been too similar to DW6, I suppose. Grinding out the other difficulties shouldn't take long....

The more I've thought about it, the more I realize its gonna be a pain.

If the Story mode is setup like WO1, then we know that there will be 15 missions per Storyline. So thats 15 Shu, 15 Wu, 15 Wei, 15 SW, and 15 Orochi. That is 75 missions right there (remember all assuming that its like WO1). Then, there is going to be atleast 4 difficulties, if not 5. WO had Easy, Normal, Hard, Chaos... But they may have added Master since DW6 has Master. So lets assume 4 difficulties for now. Thats 300 storyline missions right there that you have to beat.

Then, it looks like there is going to be 30 Dream Mode scenarios. So thats another 120 scenarios you have to play.

So overall we will most likely have to play 420 scenarios to get this achievement.

Edited by RaZeDieFox

I'm definately going to play for the 1000 gamer points. I loved Orochi 1, and I even kept playing it after I got the 1k. I got like 30 characters to 99 and got the unique item and lvl 4 weapons with about 50 characters. With that last achievement, getting a lot of people high lvl will come with playing it, so that should be fun for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys the last achievement isnt that bad. Its 4 difficulties just like OW1 easy, normal, hard, chaos. They dont have the X stages anymore like they had in OW1 so basicly every faction have like hm... cant recall at the moment but i think its 8-10 stages pluss u got the dream mode tough. Its not that bad. I hardly doubt it will take as long as DW 6 did with me and i have 1000 on that one. I really love WO2 :) Cursing work at the moment as i rather want to be home gaming more :p Definitly going for 1000 here as well. Got 1000 on every koei game so far. Nothing but additcted to them :D

Yea its not as long as I suspected.... Going to be 160 story mode missions (40 missions at 4 difficulties) and 112 dream mode missions (28 missions at 4 difficulties). So 272 missions in total... not as bad as I thought. Still it will take some time, considering you have to do them all on chaos as well.

In my opinion DW6 chaos achievement is cake compared to this. DW6 only had 45 scenarios (I think) and most of them you can run straight to the final boss and kill him. Not every mission in WO2 is that simple unfortunately.

As far as overall 1000 gamer score WO2 vs DW6, WO2 may be easier and quicker.

Theres 28 Dream Mode levels. They give you 3 characters you can't change and then you have to complete various fictional battles. Nobunaga, Sun Quan and Cao Cao must be protected while your attacked by Liu Bei and tonnes of troops and officers.

Theres only 8 stages per campaing though, so you only have to do 40 stages to complete all stories. 160 stages to complete at all difficulties.

Your normal stages are marked when you complete them at each difficulty and marked again when you complete a stage at all difficulties. Your dream mode levels aren't marked that i can see. So you'll just have to remember which ones you've done.

Dream modes better for levelling characters and gaining weapons and growth points. I did a 2 Star level on Easy and got 15000 Growth points and lots of weapons, including a couple of 3rd weapons.

I might get 1000 points, it's a bit of a grind but not as bad as Dynasty 5 Empires.

WOW!! Long reply

Edited by FailedSeppuku

Failed, not as long as Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires? Joke or not? I feel sorry if you are not joking! I got the full 1000 quite quickly in that one. Only played it a few hours for 5 days or so. This one I have played for at least 5 hours a day since it came out! I am still 25 hours estimated to go.

You can check if you have cleared all difficulties in the dream mode. Just hit A on it, and it will say what ones you have cleared. Hit B to go back and check another one.

For the most part it's just a time-consuming grind, but what's truly evil is the requirements for getting the last character and unlocking all the dreams. As I understand it, in order to unlock Orochi X, you have to beat all scenarios and dreams. In order to unlock a couple of the dreams, you need to have something like 4,000 total levels across all characters. That means completely maxing out 40+ characters.

I've done all my Chaos runs, and have level 4 weapons on everybody, have the 150 abilities, and still only have about 8 characters maxed. This... is going to take a while. :/ Insanity.

FYI, to unlock some of the Dream scenarios themselves are a B!tch... here's the methods to unlock some of the less obvious ones....

dream stage 1: get 50 proficiency for Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Quan

dream stage 2: get 50 proficiency for Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Leyasu

dream stage 16&18: get lvl 99 for Gan Ning, Kotaro, Zhang Liao, Huang Zhong, Xiahou Yuan, Ina.

dream stage 20: sum of all character lvl equals 1820 or more

dream stage 24: sum of all character lvl equals 910 or more

dream stage 26: sum of all character lvl equals 3640 or more

dream stage 27: sum of all character proficiency equals 2730 or more