This probably is showing my age but...

This is REALLY weird for me. When I was like 3 I remember madballz when they first came out. There were comics, shows and of course those weird ball toys you could get of em. It was a weird series that I never really got into, and it sort of died off quickly.

So what the hell happened? Many many MANY years later, a GAME comes out starting the Madballs cast? This is almost like the stupidest revival ever. Madballs never had GUNS, as far as I know, so this is obviously a stunt to make more people buy it. It's a weird one though because I can't really remember Madballs being such a huge thing, so who's going to remember it? Does anyone here remember Madballs?

It's weird. I do remember the characters, and playing the demo I recognized Oculus and Hornhead and it was bizzare seeing them in a full game. It was like some kind of dream. Playing the game, I wasn't sure if I liked it. Seemed a bit TOO Simplistic. Becides, I only saw Oculus and Hornhead. Are there any others?

I had mad balls. I still wonder wtf their purpose was. I mean, you couldn't bounce them because they were shaped like monsters. So wtf were they for? I guess that's how they became collectors items so fast. You had no choice but to leave them on a shelf.

• 3 weeks later...
I only had one and in fact I may still have it somewhere. I agree with the OP though, why the sudden revival? What next, a game staring the M.U.S.C.L.E. wrestlers? :biglaugh

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/4/562254_front.jpg

The anime of this is actually really cool (and hilarious)

• 2 months later...

I remember Madballs from back in the day. I don't think I ever had any, but I know I watched the animated show on VHS. I think I was too young to realize that it was a failed television show and not a movie. I especially remember the bigger ones, the Super Madballs. It's too bad that there are only two Madballs in this game, especially since there are a bunch still being made. I guess Oculus and Hornhead are the least offensive or gross.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madballs

http://www.madballs.com

As for M.U.S.C.L.E., I had a ton of those. I even had the crappy wrestling ring! The only one I really remember is the hand that had the face in the palm.

What I really want to see is an action RPG made off of the show and toys of "Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light". That's a gold mine just waiting to be tapped!

• 6 months later...

I remember I had a bunch of the figures with the pop off madball heads. Also the ones that were about the size of a baseball.

I also had one that looked a basketball and a football (realistic size too) but you couldn't play with the basketball one because it wasn't filled with enough air to bounce and if you did it would stretch out weird and when you tried to bounce it the paint would scrape off. Stupid idea for a toy you can't play with.

• 3 months later...