Achievement Guide

TooMuchCowbell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone answer a question for me? Im trying to get the "flawless guitar solo" achievement. My friend got 100% with the solo buttons on expert Give it Away solo #1 twice. I had him play for me, because I use GH Guitars and am horrible with the solo buttons. Anyway neither time he got the achievement for me. Do you have to 100% both solos in the song or something? Or if someone can tell us something to try.

Thanks

Can someone answer a question for me? Im trying to get the "flawless guitar solo" achievement. My friend got 100% with the solo buttons on expert Give it Away solo #1 twice. I had him play for me, because I use GH Guitars and am horrible with the solo buttons. Anyway neither time he got the achievement for me. Do you have to 100% both solos in the song or something? Or if someone can tell us something to try.

Thanks

No, just one solo. My guess is that your friend is strumming, which is the problem. The achievement requires tapping only the solo keys - no strumming allowed.

Without knowing the full situation, I'd say that's the error, since it's the one most commonly made regarding this achievement. But if it's not, also make sure that you're actually signed into the guitar, and that cheats are disabled. I think finishing the song is necessary for some of the in-song achievements, too, but I can't remember.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/897/897508/rock-band-2-game-only--20080808103314398.jpg Band Savior - Be a savior 3 times during one song. 20G

You need at least 3 people in your band for this. Just get your overdrive halfway, tell one member to fail, save them. Have on member fail twice, then the other one fail once. Since if you fail three times, you can't be saved. If you have no one to do it with, you can plug in drums, the guitar and vocals at the same time on one box. Load up quickplay on Blitzkrieg Bop [or Hello There if you have not exported songs]. Play hard guitar and leave your drums and microphone to sit there, both on easy. You will be able to save your band mates twice each if you can get all the phases and you wont fail out. You dont need other this way. -Thanks to Maka.

Just one thing, neither blizkrieg bop nor hello there are on RB2, however, this achievement can easily be done on "we got the beat". I've been following this walkthrough and looked for Blitzkireg Bop everywhere. Obviously i couldnt find it, but if you play expert guitar and easy drums and vocals on We Got the Beat you can get this easily. I did it in my first try, after trying a few songs

To get the Rock Immortal Inductee achievement, you must have all the staff members and vehicles, according to the guide.

I've got that achievement so how do I not have Jet Setter? Is there a way to re-get invited to play for the jet? Do I have to start a new band?

• 1 month later...

did harmonix change the vocal system back to the crappy rb1 engine? I'm trying to get the achievement for flawless singing on blitzkrieg bop and I can fc the whole song EXCEPT FOR the talking parts. I also managed to fail BOTH beastie boys songs. what the hell?

EDIT:it somehow worked with prequel to the sequel. whatever.

Edited by Eggy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"Beat the Impossible Band Challenge

As you keep playing through the Band Challenges, you will come to the Impossible Band Challenge which is the last and hardest one."

Band Challenges starting from Band Warmups?

Edit: Nevermind, I found my answer lol.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This game took a long time for me to get the 100%. I have never owned the game, but I borrowed it from a mate / played it as his place a lot. The majority of the achievements flew by, especially because at the time of starting, I was already really good with Music / Rhythm games. The last ten or so took ages in comparison, as they usually do for a retail game.

Had to do the Endless Setlist twice, I think, and some of the achievements for drums, vocals, or band, were a big pain.

GH2: 1000:gsicon:

GH3: 1000:gsicon:

GHA: 1000:gsicon:

GHSH: 1000:gsicon:

GHWoR:gsicon:

Band Hero: 1000:gsicon:

RB: 1000:gsicon:

RB2: 1000:gsicon:

Not sure that I have others to 100%, but I have played almost every one, if not every one, and have gotten 80+% in all of them, I think.