• Drake
    • Lil Wayne
    • Dr Dre
    • Jay Z
    • 2pac
    • B.I.G
    • Nate Dogg

This white girl:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4]‪Look At Me Now - Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes (Cover by @KarminMusic)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I scrolled down my last 250 added iTunes songs, and the only things that come close to counting as rap are:

The Lonely Island

Stromae (Who is amazing if you know French, although his songs are to electronic beats)

And check out this rapper:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyyERZqVCnw]‪Eppic ft. Julia Sheer - Doubt (Official Music Video) - Original Song‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

Guest Scotty

id say out of your 'exhaustive' list it would be biggie/eminem. but my real faves are Diabolic, Immortal Technique, RA the rugged man, Vinnie Paz/Jedi Mind Tricks.

There's only 10 rappers to choose from? You needed to add "Other" as the last choice.

With that said, I have to pick 2pac because of the famous song "Changes", and the meaning and message it carries. Reason why "Changes" is my the favorite song.

Love Eminem too. His lyrics are very very good.

The other eight.... I haven't got to known them too much - or well - to pass judgement.

None of the above. Whatever happened to actual hip hop? Groups like A Tribe Called Quest, De la, Hieroglyphics (All of them), RedMan, Black Moon, Nas, etc etc etc. Innovative hip hop artist that had mic skills and not just sptting bullsh*t.

Akon/T-Pain happened.

Now its all about singing/voice modulation. And all the "rap" songs that come out consist of a female lead singing the whole song (Beyonce, Rihanna, etc.), followed by a male auto-tuned hook.

You could also blame west-coast rap for exploiting the hook rather than emphasizing lyrics, (Snoop Dogg, for example) allowing for the T-Pain movement to take over.