Drifting Tips

FoxRansom

Please find some tips/hints elsewhere assuming you bought the Digital Version of the game (and not physically in a store).

There are 2 kind of drifts in this game and not all challenges in the game require you to do both drifts but only one. Being "lazy" and not stating the game myself now:, the game tells you exactly that kind of drift(s) you need to do and neither is very hard.

There are already 2 other topics here on this forum about "best car" and "drifting"; I may have overlooked your other replies but the tips/tricks/suggestion there didn't help you?

The easiest way to learn is to play around on the airport runway. Get a reasonably fast car that is not FWD, get up to a decent speed (60 + MPH), tap the e-brake (A button) and turn. The car will slide and you then turn the opposite direction. Once you get the hang of doing it with the e-brake, you can start turning without the e-brake and getting into a drift. Drift long enough and you get better drift ratings (like the ones the challenge calls for).

It's like Doc Hudson said in Cars - "Turn right to go left." :)

Get yourself a RWD car to begin with, although some beginners can find AWD cars just as good if you dont know what you're doing and dont really care for the technical side of things.

Next step, especially for the Bucket list challenges is to turn off traction control. What this will essentially do is allow the tires to spin more freely. While you're in the settings make sure you have your shifting set to manual with clutch.

The Xbox One controller really shines here. The inbuilt rumble triggers (the vibration) will kick in when you start to loose traction in the right trigger. A few quick impulse taps will help you regain traction. Pretty much when you feel that trigger vibrating, quickly release and then reapply acceleration.

Now you know the basics its down to you and the car. Get to a comfortable speed in 3rd gear and just as you approach the apex of the turn gear down into second, kick the clutch in, tap on the handbrake and hold down that right trigger! As you come out of the turn just tap your accelerator like I explained above to regain traction and stop spinning out.

Some people find tapping clutch and handbrake at the same time can work just as good. Its up to you and what you find easier.

Depending on how powerful your car is, gear ratios, camber etc depends on how much clutch/handbrake/accelerator to apply and when. Just experiment and have fun!

E-Brake. Learn to use and love the E-Brake (A button) not the left trigger.

It will take a little to get used to it but once you do... oh god it's so much fun!

Yeah, so I totally didn't know that A was the E-Brake lol.

I've been using the left trigger the whole time.

So I feel like a total idiot now haha.

But that should help tremendously.

But as far as watching videos on it.

I YouTubed search "How to drift in FH2"

And all I literally got was a bunch of people showing off drifting montages and how good they are at drifting lol