Veteran Guide for all Missions

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I am stuck on the final part of downfall for some retarded reason. Just keep getting killed from random spots. It is extra annoying because I don't have a sniper rifle at the reload point and have to go back all the way to the balcony to pick the gun up every time I die :(

Heart of the Reich was actually not that bad. Considering how everyone was complaining about its retarded difficulty I must say that I was a bit underwhelmed. It definitely was a difficult mission but Relentless remains the mission I had the most trouble with. I would say I only died about 5 times on HOTR.

i love how on Semper Fi u say "Then run toward your boat and your done." You cant just run to the boat, u die the moment u start running up the ramp. There are guys everywhere, they shoot you in the back instantly. I need a more detailed strategy to get past this. (yes, i am very bad at this game...)

Edited by MattDB87

i love how on Semper Fi u say "Then run toward your boat and your done." You cant just run to the boat, u die the moment u start running up the ramp. There are guys everywhere, they shoot you in the back instantly. I need a more detailed strategy to get past this. (yes, i am very bad at this game...)

OK, well then your probably going to have trouble beating the other levels, but that's what I did. If you die which didn't happen to me the two times I played it on vet. Take cover or stay inside until your mates advance to kill more enemies to make your run easier. I think if you reach a certain point a kami will try to kill you before you near the boat next to that building in front of your boat. At that point it is impossible to die as you will go into last stand and a guy will pull you into the boat. So techinically you only have to run halfway. Keep on trying a few times and don't forget to press on the sprint button it makes it way easier just in case you aren't using it already ;)

Man, I am stuck on the final part of downfall for some retarded reason. Just keep getting killed from random spots. It is extra annoying because I don't have a sniper rifle at the reload point and have to go back all the way to the balcony to pick the gun up every time I die :(

Heart of the Reich was actually not that bad. Considering how everyone was complaining about its retarded difficulty I must say that I was a bit underwhelmed. It definitely was a difficult mission but Relentless remains the mission I had the most trouble with. I would say I only died about 5 times on HOTR.

Wow good job on HOTR, in downfall getting the first checkpoint and beating the last part are the only parts that are hard and will take you a few tries. I didn't bother trying any run and gun tactics for the end of Downfall. I just took my sniper and ran up to the sandbags and scoped through a hole in the middle of the sandbags to take out the enemy rifleman and MG on the other side in the tower. Then it's easy you can try to run up to the cover in front and MP40 the guys there, but as long as the enemy rifleman and MG are dead your life will be much easier. :)

I would suggest on Relentless to try and stay somewhat close to the flame tank before the cave. I had the most difficulty on this level and it took me a while to realize that if you are too far away from the tank, the enemies it just killed will respawn. And on B&C, I immediately ran to the right when I reached that big bunker and ran into a small cave there. I only died twice going that way.

Lolz I disagree so much about this guide don't even get me started lol.

Ill tell u one thing breaking point was soo easy and u gave it a 8 I think lol. Black cats was also harder than u made it out to be. U can die easily if u don't take out pt boats and finally u talk about half way through burn em out then stop in the middle wtf? The final trench is easily one of the hardest parts

I'm sorry but I really just disagree with this whole thread.

I am at the part with the flame tank in Relentless and it is so frustrating. I just cannot beat it. I have tried everything from sniping and camping a little and trying to move forward using the Browning. I hope Modern Warfare 2 is not as hard as this.

Lolz I disagree so much about this guide don't even get me started lol.

Ill tell u one thing breaking point was soo easy and u gave it a 8 I think lol. Black cats was also harder than u made it out to be. U can die easily if u don't take out pt boats and finally u talk about half way through burn em out then stop in the middle wtf? The final trench is easily one of the hardest parts

I'm sorry but I really just disagree with this whole thread.

Different people have different opinions, and I stated that the guide was a work in progress and I wanted to get some opinions before I added some more info/help.

Edited by DeadSpace99

I am at the part with the flame tank in Relentless and it is so frustrating. I just cannot beat it. I have tried everything from sniping and camping a little and trying to move forward using the Browning. I hope Modern Warfare 2 is not as hard as this.

You really have to use a run and jump into prone tactic here and just pray you don't get killed. Other than that pop out, shoot one, and get back down. You can also try to stick behind the tank as it advances. Just prone, and get up and back into prone type of tactic.

Edited by DeadSpace99

• 3 weeks later...

This game was so frustrating but this guide definitely helped on a couple of missions. I actually found the flame tank part on relentless to easily be the hardest checkpoint to get past. Once I finally started creeping up right behind the tank it worked beautifully. On downfall right now. Soon to be complete.

• 2 weeks later...

CoD games definitely have the reputation for being rip-your-hair-out frustrating on the hardest difficulties. The key to beating them really is just doing it over and over again and seeing where you went wrong each time and altering strategies. I have 10/15 missions on veteran, will try to finish the last 5 off soon.