The Ultimate Lagswitch

Mister Buds

so, i was searching for guardian matches early this morning (aroun 2 am), and finally get into one. the voting goes fine and we end up playing guardian on stasis. then when the match was about to begin, the countdown stopped at 0:02. i know the beginning countdown usually freezes sometimes but never at that time. i waited a little but it never came back. i didn't want to leave yet because i figured host or some other player was quitting. i went to my guide and fucked around, seeing who was on and doing what. then a few minutes later i heard the music playing that comes at the end of the round after the final kill, you know. i quickly exit my guide and go to the game, and the leaderboard is up. some motherfucker on the other team is 27-0 and is the only one in the whole match with any kills. meanwhile my team is flooded with numerous deaths. i immediately quit and sent this guy messages about what a bitch he is needing to lagswitch to get kills. i also filed about twenty complaints on him and got just about everyone i know to. i really hope he gets his ip banned.

hahaha sucks!!! id hate that be me... you should of quit and made a bot kill him. What was his GT? cuz that sucks...

Lol that would be funny, even tho he uses a lagswitcher, the bots would still rape him straight up. Dude should just quit and take your dignity with you, after all it is only worth 1500 xp right? :D

Edited by NinjaGrinder

Internet wire anyone? Or how to quit without loosing XP... man there is still people who don't know about that? If i get a shitty connection and/or a glitcher, i just unplug the wire and there we go...no exp lost.

I try it out.

Internet wire anyone? Or how to quit without loosing XP... man there is still people who don't know about that? If i get a shitty connection and/or a glitcher, i just unplug the wire and there we go...no exp lost.

You mean unplugging the cable ethernet from the xbox, right? I did that once and i still got the incomplete match xp penalty the next game. Maybe i could try turning my modem off?

An IP ban? Not likely. He's gay for lag switching, if in fact thats what he did. But the most that'll happen is he'll get host banned. Nothing more.

Didn't GHOS7 187 get his entire GS rest for lagswitching? (Not directed at you, but in relation to your post.)

I had a pretty gay lagswitch last night. So I was playing Wingman and we had 14 kills and got the final down. My teamate did, and he wanted to hump him for a bit. I don't steal kills so I just chill around and watch. Lil' bit later, he is like "Go get some inks and let's piss him off some more." I agreed. They were frags though :\. I pick them up and he is like ok, tag him. Then the lagswitch gets turned on. Right as I get there, the dude gets up and we attack him, would of gotten him down too, but the lag screwed me over. My friend had a flamer and it went all over hell.

The dude ends up killing both us and now we are at 14 still... this guy was at 9 now. There was also a team of glitchers (100 rank) at 13. They did the switch because, the next game started and like 5 seconds into the game they had 18. Then they killed us -.-.

In a way, karma's a bitch... but I wish the Dom's won (who we humped) instead of 2 rank 100 cheaters who lagswitch.

I had a pretty gay lagswitch last night. So I was playing Wingman and we had 14 kills and got the final down. My teamate did, and he wanted to hump him for a bit. I don't steal kills so I just chill around and watch. Lil' bit later, he is like "Go get some inks and let's piss him off some more." I agreed. They were frags though :. I pick them up and he is like ok, tag him. Then the lagswitch gets turned on. Right as I get there, the dude gets up and we attack him, would of gotten him down too, but the lag screwed me over. My friend had a flamer and it went all over hell.

The dude ends up killing both us and now we are at 14 still... this guy was at 9 now. There was also a team of glitchers (100 rank) at 13. They did the switch because, the next game started and like 5 seconds into the game they had 18. Then they killed us -.-.

In a way, karma's a bitch... but I wish the Dom's won (who we humped) instead of 2 rank 100 cheaters who lagswitch.

LOL, that would've pissed me off if that happened to me.

You mean unplugging the cable ethernet from the xbox, right? I did that once and i still got the incomplete match xp penalty the next game. Maybe i could try turning my modem off?

It doesn't work if you are the host, it should work if you aren't the host.

i hope i don't get in trouble for mentioning this, but this is how i disconnect.

1. remove ethernet cable from back of xbox.

2. after 'connection lost' message, open up your guide and exit to the dashboard.

3. plug ethernet cable back into xbox and connect to xbox live.

4. start up gears.

no exp lost.

My way:

1. Get in a laggy game (shouldn't be too hard) and pull the wireless adaptor out of the xbox.

2. Wait for it to say disconected from xbox live and then wait for the game to take you back to the main menu.

3. Click (A) when the message comes up.

4. Put the adaptor back into the xbox.

5. Push the guide button and click "Connect To Xbox live"

6. No EXP lost!!!

This way you don't have to back out to the dashboard.

I had a pretty gay lagswitch last night. So I was playing Wingman and we had 14 kills and got the final down. My teamate did, and he wanted to hump him for a bit. I don't steal kills so I just chill around and watch. Lil' bit later, he is like "Go get some inks and let's piss him off some more." I agreed. They were frags though :. I pick them up and he is like ok, tag him. Then the lagswitch gets turned on. Right as I get there, the dude gets up and we attack him, would of gotten him down too, but the lag screwed me over. My friend had a flamer and it went all over hell.

yeah, wingman is the worst for lagswitchers. that's why i don't play it.