I don't get the bid deal.....

Sonnenberg

I played the first DR and I was unimpressed. I hate games where I feel like I'm pressured to play under time constraints (which is a big reason I never liked Zelda: Majoras Mask)

I just downloaded this game for free on the dashboard and once again I am unimpressed. Is there some awesome element I'm missing or do some people just love to rush through games and not take their time killing zombies and finding weapons?

I mean the game looks great, but thats about it. The story is uninspiring, the main character is silly and has zero emotion.

I'm happy I got this for free, because it's not very good.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing, does the game get better? I just got past the point where you get your first zombrex from the pharmacy.

No trolls or fanboys please, I want someone with knowledge of the game who can understand where I am coming from. If you have nothing to input or you feel the need to say something blasting me because I think this game is bad then I will ignore you.

Edited by Sonnenberg

I don't get it, are we trying to change your opinion? I don't like football games, but I don't go onto the FIFA forums and ask them what's to like about it :p

No trolls or fanboys please, I want someone with knowledge of the game who can understand where I am coming from. If you have nothing to input or you feel the need to say something blasting me because I think this game is bad then I will ignore you.

I'm not trying to troll, be a fanboy or a blaster dude. Just you've said you didn't particularly enjoy the game, why not just move on and play something you do enjoy? You said you didn't enjoy the first, why even play the second? They both have the same time constraints and similar structure. Were you expecting it to be vastly different from the original game? Only real differences are the lack of photography and the addition of combo weapons.

I have to agree with you Sonnenberg, tried the first game and couldn't get on with it at all. Heard this was better and given that it is currently free thought I would give it a go.

Apparently it gets better once you rank up and unlock some of the better abilities but so far it just feels dated, the controls for riding a bike or pushing anything around are attroctious and just feels like a tedious sluggish grind.

Back to Borderlands 2 me thinks

I have to agree with you Sonnenberg, tried the first game and couldn't get on with it at all. Heard this was better and given that it is currently free thought I would give it a go.

Apparently it gets better once you rank up and unlock some of the better abilities but so far it just feels dated, the controls for riding a bike or pushing anything around are attroctious and just feels like a tedious sluggish grind.

Back to Borderlands 2 me thinks

Thanks brotha...

I loved fallout 3 and I've heard nothing but great things about borderlands, I might give that a go.

There's no magic or some special element that you're missing. It's just a matter or what type of games you like. If you like nonsense games with goofy jokes and a running timer, then this is the perfect game for you. If you like shooting people in online deathmatch, you'd probably like Call of Duty. I'm liked the first Dead Rising, but I thought this one fell a little flat. They didn't add a whole lot, just kinda rehashed the original. That being said, it's still a pretty fun game if you like the style.

But as other people said, it's really ridiculous to ask other people why you don't prefer one game over another. There are 50,000 games out there. Try something you think you might like.

I played this game for the first time the other day and was impressed. It is the first game in the series I have played. I like the weapons system (combining), randomness, co-op mode, and ability to instantly start NG+.

I dislike the time limit on some of the missions. But, no game is perfect.

But as other people said, it's really ridiculous to ask other people why you don't prefer one game over another. There are 50,000 games out there. Try something you think you might like.

Edited by Sonnenberg

I don't think you understand what a troll or fanboy is because no one in this thread is one of those and no one understands what you want. You started a thread stating the game looks great, but the story is uninspiring, the main character is silly and you don't like having a time constraint. So....? Dead Rising is a free roam zombie game where you're given time limits on your objectives. It makes sense within the universe to have time limits, as the military doesn't arrive at outbreaks until three days after. If you're going to dock the game because of it's story or characters, you need to realize this a game by Capcom. They're not famous for fantastic story but they make good games. If that's not interesting to you then it's not interesting. You might be interested in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, which has a mode where there's no clock.

Edited by Overlord Saxon

Dead Rising is a free roam zombie game where you're given time limits on your objectives. It makes sense within the universe to have time limits, as the military doesn't arrive at outbreaks until three days after.

Please no fanboys or trolling. I'm just going to continually ignore anyone who makes a perfectly reasonable statement.

Did you play "Dead Rising 2: Case Zero?" It is free, as well... and I was able to complete it (after several playthroughs)! After finishing that, I realized I "could" have finished it in 1 or 2 playthroughs... had I known what I was doing (I did use the achievement guide from this site... but had it been finessed better, I might not have needed to play the game 7 or 8 times)!!

If playing a game 4 or 5 times through to get all the achievements is not your cup of tea... you might want to pass on this one. Personally, I don't care for that, either... but as long as there aren't any unattainable achievements, I'll give it a go.

"The Walking Dead" is an example of a good game... with HORRIBLE controls! What ever possessed the idiot who programmed the game, to use the right-thumbstick to move the cursor, while you need to press the action buttons (A, B, X or Y) at the same time... is beyond me!! It's not a game-breaker, just damn annoying (it'd be okay if you had two thumbs on your right hand)!

Although the OP is being a jerk and is a Blackhawks fan, I feel the need to state an opinion here. This game is intended to be played through multiple times, it's not like the time limit is over and you are screwed and have to start all over again from scratch. If an area is difficult and you fail that mission, continue playing that playthrough for the sole purpose of leveling up and increase your health and weapon capacity.

I pretty firmly believe that with this game, it cannot be fully appreciated until you gain a respectable level and really get a concept for the fact that the 5 day limit doesn't matter because you still maintain level, unlockables, and always have something to work towards. If you want a one and done game, this isn't it. Compare it to Resident Evil 5, god knows how many times I replayed through levels on that game to improve firearms and gain achievements.

So to answer your question, does the game get better after you complete the first mission? Yes it does. Will you come anywhere close to realizing the potential of the game after literally playing it for 15 minutes and completing the first mission and stating "it isn't very good", absolutely not. The fact that you said you had only completed the first mission tells me you put next to no effort into attempting to like the game and this thread is a lost cause regardless of what anyone replies with.

Copy and paste generic reply below.

I played the first DR and I was unimpressed. I hate games where I feel like I'm pressured to play under time constraints (which is a big reason I never liked Zelda: Majoras Mask)

I may just be a troll and/or a fanboy but judging by the fact you were unimpressed with the first Dead Rising and that you dislike playing games with time restraints, I'm not surprised you aren't enjoying Dead Rising 2.

On a more serious note, there are always going to be games that some people just can't get into. I couldn't really get into Dead Rising 2. There's nothing wrong with the game, it just wasn't doing it for me at the time. I simply moved on to a different game.

What I didn't do was ask people to change my opinion and then proceed to copy and paste a reply calling them trolls and fanboys.