Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Can't beat Last Boss, Suggestions?

I have Ultima Weapon and Shield, I can get to his final form easily enough but then I can't stagger the damn guy, what combination of moves should I be using to stagger him, and does anyone have a recommended Schemata and Ability list for him?

Seriously annoying me. :/

I have Ultima Weapon and Shield, I can get to his final form easily enough but then I can't stagger the damn guy, what combination of moves should I be using to stagger him, and does anyone have a recommended Schemata and Ability list for him?

Seriously annoying me. :/

You have any Ra-class elemental attacks? Also, Caius Sword give a fast stagger bonus at only 75%.

Also, try not to let Lightning cast the final attack in a spell chain (the attack where Lightning does a flashy backflip). Quickly switch to another schema and you can chain a constant attack chain. This can stagger enemies faster.

You may want to share your set up with us?

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

I've tried quite a few setups, I just tried one with Ra level Elements, still couldn't stagger him even with quick-changing so the finisher wouldn't trigger.

I have done most of the quests except for the Ultimate Lair, so I have a lot of options if you want to venture them.

Current Loadout

Amazon Warrior (Ultima Weapon and Shield)

Heavy Slash/Speed Slash/Guard/Thundara

+15% Strength Accessory

Shadow Trooper (Executioner's Axe and Guardian Corps)

Beat Down/Heavy Guard/Imperil/Aerora

+10% Strength and Magic Accessory

Equilibrium+ (Chaos's Revenge and Ul'dahn Crest)

Deprotect/Guard/Attack/Aerora

+15% Magic Accessory

It's getting super annoying being able to get to the final form with little effort just to not be able to stagger this guy... any ideas?

Amazon Warrior (Ultima Weapon and Shield)

Heavy Slash/Speed Slash/Guard/Thundara

+15% Strength Accessory

Shadow Trooper (Executioner's Axe and Guardian Corps)

Beat Down/Heavy Guard/Imperil/Aerora

+10% Strength and Magic Accessory

Equilibrium+ (Chaos's Revenge and Ul'dahn Crest)

Deprotect/Guard/Attack/Aerora

+15% Magic Accessory

It's getting super annoying being able to get to the final form with little effort just to not be able to stagger this guy... any ideas?

All 3 schemata have elemental attacks, good. Admittedly, Bhunivelze takes a lot of hits to be staggered. As long as you switch schemata, Thundara x 2, and then Aerora x 2, and then Aerora x 2 (repeat), Bhunivelze should be staggered sooner or later.

You may want to add Deshell into one of your schemata. Also, you already have Imperil, so make use of it. They both make enemies easier to be staggered. You should try your best to upgrade them to Lv.3 so that they stick to Bhunivelze longer.

Not sure if you ever encountered ATB insufficient problem, but if you have beaten Aeronite, he drops an item which can give a +70 ATB recovery rate boost. This way one of your schemata can easily reach maximum 200 ATB reovery rate, so that overall speaking you will never run out of ATB.

Still, if you really, really can't stagger Bhunivelze, just give up staggering him - Deprotect him, and then just keep using Heavy Slash with the schema which gives the highest physical damage output (which should be your Amazon Warrior schema). This was what I did against Bhunivelze+ in NG+ Normal to get 5-stars. You should upgrade Heavy Slash as high as possible, preferably Lv.3

Also, don't forget you can use Overlock (just don't spam it if you care about the battle scores). You can stagger enemies much faster with it.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins