Achievement Discussion

I am really looking forward to this game. Ever since THQ had it (remember them?).

My wife pre-ordered it for me this afternoon, and she asked what was it about, and I told her to look at the Achievements list. I could not stop laughing because of the look on her face. :dance: Any word if this game will be co-op or just single player?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word if this game will be co-op or just single player?

Single player.

Pre-launch glitched achievements have been confirmed! There are currently 3 glitched achievements. These are- "More popular than John Lennon" the one for farting on 3 people at once, and the one for interrupting channel attacks with farts.

Not too concerned as there tends to be "day one patches" with most AAA titles these days and usually a couple more shortly after. There should be a large enough fan base playing to address any issues. :)

Pre-launch glitched achievements have been confirmed! There are currently 3 glitched achievements. These are- "More popular than John Lennon" the one for farting on 3 people at once, and the one for interrupting channel attacks with farts.

That's only 2, what's the third?

I have had the game since Tuesday and I have 2 of those, just don't have more popular than John Lennon. I'm on the PS3 though.

Collectibles won't be too bad, trust me.

That's only 2, what's the third?

My bad. The guy I was talking to said that a patch has hit. I was talking about the following achievements- "More Popular than John Lennon" "Re-Buttal" and "Dragon Wrath". Dragon Wrath IS NOT glitched anymore. As for John Lennon, nobody knows if it's glitched or not. It's for be-friending everyone. But nobody knows how much people there is. And for "Re-Buttal" he said that it's just a annoying achievement

My bad. The guy I was talking to said that a patch has hit. I was talking about the following achievements- "More Popular than John Lennon" "Re-Buttal" and "Dragon Wrath". Dragon Wrath IS NOT glitched anymore. As for John Lennon, nobody knows if it's glitched or not. It's for be-friending everyone. But nobody knows how much people there is. And for "Re-Buttal" he said that it's just a annoying achievement

Oh, okay, so not much to worry about then.

Thanks for the update. :)

It looks like some of these will be missable. I wasn't going to play as a Jew, but I'll have to in order to unlock the achievement where you meet Jesus as one. Beating a few bosses while wearing certain clothing also seem to be missable. Does anyone know if there's an option to repeat sections/battles after beating them? I know in most RPGs you can't.

It looks like some of these will be missable. I wasn't going to play as a Jew, but I'll have to in order to unlock the achievement where you meet Jesus as one. Beating a few bosses while wearing certain clothing also seem to be missable. Does anyone know if there's an option to repeat sections/battles after beating them? I know in most RPGs you can't.

There's lots of missables, mainly collectibles, and a few places you cannot revisit (The school etc)

so you can get all achievements in one playthrough if you look at the wording it says it all

No Child Left Behind15 http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/site/gp-g.pngComplete the game without ever ending a combat with a buddy knocked out

we have played rpgs before, you bring them back from the dead in battle.

and as far as selling you can do the load/save thing to get both. personally after looking at the items i dont wanna sell any of them cause its just too funny.

its def a 1 playthru game with you needing to load/save once or twice. like the avenger achievement, just save, then do a battle, get it and then load back

I've played this game for a couple of hours now (I'm at the school part where you have to break out Craig), but the 'New kid on the block' achievement hasn't unlocked for me yet. I noticed lots of people having issues with this game pre-launch and with the day one update.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

so you can get all achievements in one playthrough if you look at the wording it says it all

No Child Left Behind15 http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/site/gp-g.pngComplete the game without ever ending a combat with a buddy knocked out

we have played rpgs before, you bring them back from the dead in battle.

and as far as selling you can do the load/save thing to get both. personally after looking at the items i dont wanna sell any of them cause its just too funny.

its def a 1 playthru game with you needing to load/save once or twice. like the avenger achievement, just save, then do a battle, get it and then load back

The only way this is a one-playthrough game is if you go through the achievement list and memorize it and know exactly when to revert saves and know when you need to manually save before specific fights and are following a collectible guide, etc. Which essentially significantly reduces the fun factor of the game, in my opinion. Then again, I'm the type of person who'd prefer to play through the game once and enjoy it, and then go back afterward and mop up. Since it's an RPG, I guess mopping up really isn't an option.

Any word on if there's a sort of New Game + to go through again? Not that starting a new game from scratch is the end of the world, but if there are a ton of collectibles in terms of outfits, especially if you have to fulfill tasks to unlock them, doing them all over might suck.

So I was playing last night and I ended up at City Hall where there is a group a girls bullying another who has a Justin Beiber doll. I got into a battle with them and I absolutely destroyed them.

I did so well in the battle that they were only able to launch a single attack, at Butters of course. I blocked it and the word PERFECT! appeared in the upper left of the screen. I finished off the battle, but the Shutout achievement didn't pop.

Does anyone know if there are a certain number of blocks that have to happen in order for the battle to count? Or is it that the Perfect Blocks must be made by Douchebag to count?

Does anyone know exactly how many friends you need for the john lennon achievement. I have 118 right now and still no achievement.

I believe it is 120, the Roadmap thread has a link to a list if you want to cross reference.

Weird, but my game is seriously glitched for these achievements. I have every weapon/costume and it only shows up as 102/103, my friends list is stuck at 106 even though I've talked to the missing characters, they dont pop up on the list and Rebuttal isn't unlocking either and I did way more than 5 channel blocks with a fart attack. Has anyone else suffered this?

Weird, but my game is seriously glitched for these achievements. I have every weapon/costume and it only shows up as 102/103, my friends list is stuck at 106 even though I've talked to the missing characters, they dont pop up on the list and Rebuttal isn't unlocking either and I did way more than 5 channel blocks with a fart attack. Has anyone else suffered this?

I believe I've heard someone else with the 102/103 problem. So nothing on your list is darkened out with '???' over it? And I thought I had problems with the Channel achievement, as well. As for the John Lennon, I can't help you because I still have about 20 people to find and it's looking more and more like I'll need to start my second playthrough to get them all.

As for the John Lennon, I can't help you because I still have about 20 people to find and it's looking more and more like I'll need to start my second playthrough to get them all.

I have 120 friends but no achievement for it, I'm guessing it's glitchy. I'm going to start a 3rd play through just for that to see if I can get it to pop.

Edited by Illicit