X360 to XOne - Character Transfer

EDDS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...does anyone know if I transfer my character(s) *cant decide if I want both over :p * to next gen...can I still use them on the old gen system?

since a couple of my friends are being stubborn asses and wont upgrade i'd need something to use if I go back and play with them xD...if I cant use them on both systems then i'll need new friends I guess lol

This is going to get really messy for people that've unlocked the full 1000 on the Xbox360.

I completed both versions of DIII-UEE and e.g. the achievement (Dream Team) for leveling 6 classes to LV70 unlocked with no problem but the simple achievement for leveling just one character to LV70 did not.

Good Barad cos if it needs to be grinded again online your helping me lol. Prison racing here we come.
I'm down for that haha.

so...does anyone know if I transfer my character(s) *cant decide if I want both over :p * to next gen...can I still use them on the old gen system?

since a couple of my friends are being stubborn asses and wont upgrade i'd need something to use if I go back and play with them xD...if I cant use them on both systems then i'll need new friends I guess lol

I'm wondering this too, but as far as I know if you transferred the characters to your One, and continued to play on the 360 those stats wouldn't stick to the Rockstar servers or something?

I'm down for that haha.

I hate multiplayer achievements too so you can help me while your at it ;) lol

I'm wondering this too, but as far as I know if you transferred the characters to your One, and continued to play on the 360 those stats wouldn't stick to the Rockstar servers or something?

honestly aslong as I dont have to start my 360 guy over from lvl 1 again just to play with my old gen friends im fine with any stat changes I do on the 1 not sticking :p

Yes, you will. But any progress make after the transfer will only effect the current system, not both.

Watching like 12 achievements pop with no effort on a game's multiplayer I don't really want to play again is where I see the fun, B. ;):p

Haha fair enough. This is why Destiny is awesome, Earn 40 achievements on the One, boot up 360 and watch 40 achievements pop. GTA V is one game I actually want to fully play again, even the online man!

i found an interesting Article

What will be transferred:

• Money – Earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).
  • Rank and RP – You will have the same Rank and RP after transfer.
  • Game Progress – GTA Online progression will transfer including all unlocks, Contacts, Jobs, Trophies and stats.
  • Items and Property – Weapons/attachments, vehicles/modifications, properties, clothing and all aspects of character appearance will be transferred. Character-owned items (e.g. clothing, weapons, etc.) will remain in the character’s inventory and will not need to be repurchased in-game. Vehicles will appear in the same garage they were left in before the transfer.
  • Creator – Jobs made within the Creator will be transferred.
  • Crews – Existing Crew information will available.
  • Achievements and Trophies – Achievements and trophies will transfer. Additional overall Gamerscore will not be awarded for transferring achievement progress.

What does the last Point mean? My English is not so good that i understand exactly.

Source: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778

Edited by Apfel
Adding Source

i found an interesting Article

What will be transferred:

• Money – Earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).
  • Rank and RP – You will have the same Rank and RP after transfer.
  • Game Progress – GTA Online progression will transfer including all unlocks, Contacts, Jobs, Trophies and stats.
  • Items and Property – Weapons/attachments, vehicles/modifications, properties, clothing and all aspects of character appearance will be transferred. Character-owned items (e.g. clothing, weapons, etc.) will remain in the character’s inventory and will not need to be repurchased in-game. Vehicles will appear in the same garage they were left in before the transfer.
  • Creator – Jobs made within the Creator will be transferred.
  • Crews – Existing Crew information will available.
  • Achievements and Trophies – Achievements and trophies will transfer. Additional overall Gamerscore will not be awarded for transferring achievement progress.

What does the last Point mean? My English is not so good that i understand exactly.

Not sure what the last point means either, and English is my primary language. My assumption is that transferred achievements don't add to your gamerscore.

Do you happen to have a link to the original article, I'd be interested in reading it.

" Achievements and trophies will transfer. Additional overall Gamerscore will not be awarded for transferring achievement progress."

Alright, I read that like 30 times and still have no clue what the fuck that means.

The only thing that I think will happen is that you'll get the achievements but you won't get the gamerscore. Which makes zero sense.

it's been confirmed. All online achievement s AUTOMATICALLY unlock if you already have them on the 360 version!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll have the game in about 8 hours and will know for sure. Even if so, I'm sceptical of everything unlocking correctly, but here's hoping so! :)