Download taking forever

SouthParkGuy

Is it the digital version or do you have retail? Mine doesnt do that.

It's the digital version. Actually, it's the "pre-order" digital version.

Do digital games take longer to download? Because Halo: TMCC had way more gigsbytes to download and only took like 2 hours to finish.

It's the digital version. Actually, it's the "pre-order" digital version.

Do digital games take longer to download? Because Halo: TMCC had way more gigsbytes to download and only took like 2 hours to finish.

Yes it does and retail version is the best choice.

I'm not looking forward to installing my game, but I will be disconnecting from internet while I do as seems to be quicker this way, but then updating once connected again will take a while. I will have the retail copy & I'm sure I won't get to play it in till at least tomorrow.
You shouldn't have to disconnect just press install and when it asks to update press later then it will install first then you can update after it's installed no need for unhooking.

I wasn't happy at this either.

I started the download at 930pm, at 2am it was only 34% done.

I understand that yes it was playable and people were playing it that's why it's a slow download but if Microsoft is putting so much money and effort behind cloud services and are unable to get it to me within a reasonable time it puts the whole system in disarray and I just doubt that once it comes times for an all digital console that it will do well.

Anyway, I asked for a refund from Microsoft and I'm just gonna go buy a disc copy instead.

I wasn't happy at this either.

I started the download at 930pm, at 2am it was only 34% done.

I understand that yes it was playable and people were playing it that's why it's a slow download but if Microsoft is putting so much money and effort behind cloud services and are unable to get it to me within a reasonable time it puts the whole system in disarray and I just doubt that once it comes times for an all digital console that it will do well.

Anyway, I asked for a refund from Microsoft and I'm just gonna go buy a disc copy instead.

I think digital gaming is a bad idea for Microsoft to switch from retain gaming console to digital gaming.When I in the game of GTA5 install it is very fast installing on high speed and I have retail version.

I was dumping my retail copy to the HDD (said yes to the update), 3h's later it was only at 24% so that meant it would be another 9h's at this rate so I told it to cancel. Disconnected from live and dumped the game again....Took just over 30mins to dump the game to the HDD o_0. I checked my bandwidth usuage and it said I had downloaded over 10GB while it was dumping the first time, as if it was actually downloading the game from live instead of dumping it from my disc lol.

I was dumping my retail copy to the HDD (said yes to the update), 3h's later it was only at 24% so that meant it would be another 9h's at this rate so I told it to cancel. Disconnected from live and dumped the game again....Took just over 30mins to dump the game to the HDD o_0. I checked my bandwidth usuage and it said I had downloaded over 10GB while it was dumping the first time, as if it was actually downloading the game from live instead of dumping it from my disc lol.

Holy shit. I think you're right! Just checked my data usage, around 20gb used in the last 2 days!

http://i.imgur.com/sGzQWD2.png

Notice the right hand side column, that's my ”free zone" since Xbox live downloads are free. Massive spike yesterday and today...

Edit.

CONFIRMED.

I went offline, and I kept on getting a pop up saying ”installation stopped". And saying installation cannot continue because an internet connection can not be found... So i deleted the old install, stayed offline and installed again. Its 23% now, and its taken around 20 minutes to get there, instead of the 2 days it took before.

So

Edited by Default117
confirmed theory