Glitch Discussion

Days ago I read about this over at the IGN forums where it started. Quickly it spread to GameFAQs message board and then Gamespot and the ball kept on rolling. Now IGN actually has this listed under their "Cheat" section for Oblivion.

Here's the glitch from IGN

In the Talos district of the Imperial City is the house of a man named Dorian. Enter the house and kill Dorian. When looting his body, highlight his gold and press A...and keep on pressing. His gold will never run out, giving you access to infinite funds. At any time, you can return to Dorian's house to loot more money from his corpse.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna use this on my first playthrough. Its like turning the difficulty all the way down lol not the way the game was intended to be played. Maybe I'll make another character (my evil mage) and do this before they get rid of it though. By the way, 8 people viewing this forum, most I've seen in any game. This game rocks!

As much as I would love to have an infinite amount of gold, I'm not gonna taint the entertainment value of this great game by cheating

Any other game I may do it in, but I've been waiting for this game for so long, I'm not gonna ruin the value of the game with a cheap exploit..

If this were an MMORPG, however, id be on there as soon as this was found out, sell it all on ebay before they found out about it :)

Days ago I read about this over at the IGN forums where it started. Quickly it spread to GameFAQs message board and then Gamespot and the ball kept on rolling. Now IGN actually has this listed under their "Cheat" section for Oblivion.

Here's the glitch from IGN

In the Talos district of the Imperial City is the house of a man named Dorian. Enter the house and kill Dorian. When looting his body, highlight his gold and press A...and keep on pressing. His gold will never run out, giving you access to infinite funds. At any time, you can return to Dorian's house to loot more money from his corpse.

I returned a few days after killing Dorian only to find an empty house and no corpse to loot from. Grabbed about 50k the first time off the corpse. Guess its back to a Normal game for me

No big deal, it autosaves whenever you enter a building anyway so i just restarted back in his house =P

Turns out that this bug doesn't work all the time though. I made a new character, killed Dorian, picked up his gold and that was the end of that. There was no bug for my second character... Maybe it only works when u kill him in the night..? I killed him in the morning so ya...

wow 19 gold that sucks i was getting 108 everytime i pressed A and i was going for 10 but i got bored ive bought every enchated armour and weapon alot of scrolls all the houses and a couple of horses but normally i wouldnt have done that but ive been jacking for 2 days straight and ended up with a grand total of 1400 so that kinda pissed me off but my sneek is up to 80 but ive only spent 500,000 and im tring to get my merchantile up so i can start investing in stores but it takes so long i bribed and haggled every 1 and only up to 40

Go to Kvatch where all the citizens are. While on horseback, talk to the female Orc and sell her your equipped sword. The message "You cannot unequip this item" will appear, but it will still give you the money. You can do this as many times as desired for 200 GP each time. This only works with your sword; any other items will be sold as usual