This Game SUCKS!

NickMH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working my way through it atm, i like the story.. kinda jumpy on parts, especially the traps! The combat is a bit of an issue though, reminds me of GTA style fighting where it take a while to hit them after you've pressed the button. The puzzle's and that though, i find, enjoyable.. but maybe that's just because i like problem solving stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is awful, just like the movies.

No need to buy the game if you did not like the movies.

The combat sytem is garbage

The game isnt a Big fighting game More of a horror and Puzzle game that isnt completely about action

and the puzzles are repetitive and miserable.

I love Puzzle games and so far Im liking these puzzles alot, Way better than what i expected the puzzles to be and very creative.

I havent completed the game yet so i cant comment on how Repetetive they are, So far im loving the game, Only problem i have is Everything seems a little too Easy and quick, I hope i come accross some more challenging puzzles soon. From what you have said it sounds like you didnt look into the game too much, Not liking the movies is an obvious sign to not buy the game, There is hardly any Fighting in the movies so the Fighting was obviously not going to be somthing they would work hard on in the game, And the puzzles are better than most games so im guessing ur not much of a Puzzle person, I think its best to just stick to somthing like Condemned Good horror and great action and puzzles are fun too.

I am on the last chapter ATM after about 4 - 5 hours and I think it is a good game with minor flaws, the combat system could have been more like the bourne game TBH, and the puzzles needed more variation, would have enjoyed to see more people killed by jigsaw. But the biggest let down for me was the trip wires everywhere which are nearly impossible to see unless you are sat ontop of it! I would give it 67%

Uhhhh, why would you play it if the movies were awful?

You're on an ACHIEVEMENTS WEBSITE.

Doesn't that at all give it away?

Seriously.

Anyway, I started off really liking the game, I personally think the puzzles are really good, but the time limits on some of them are plainly stupid and really make you hate the game.

More than anything though, right now what I'm hating the most is targetting things.

Take the gas room right after you get the revolver, I tried the puzzle a couple of times, realized it just wasn't going to happen unless I got insanely lucky, and it wasn't worth the effort, so I ignored it and just took down the wall. I dropped the revolver to punch down the wall (didn't want to waste the bullets) but whenever I tried to pick the revolver up again, it keeps swapping between it and the wall for me to crawl through. I didn't have time to faff about because of the damn stupid targetting.

And yes, the combat is pure garbage. It may not be a combat game, but as they've put combat in it, it should at least be serviceable rather than Diabolical.

I like the films especially the first 2 and when I heard about this game I just thought dear god this will suck, I rented it and thought it was good, a lot better than I thought it would be, could be because I was expecting it to suck.

It is not a great game but it is quite fun, a little creepy, easy achievements and all around a good experience I thought.

• 1 month later...

I'm actually surprised to say this, but this game is actually decent. The combat is pretty clunky and the pipe dream puzzles are piss annoying, but other then those 2 things I'm enjoying it. It's one of the better games I've rented for a quick 1000.

If the combat was like Condemned and they got rid of the irritating pipe puzzles this game would be a solid 7/10.

EDIT: I take back everything I said about enjoying this game. Whoever designed chapter 5 needs to be shot. The section where you have to do a 7x7 circuit, pick a lock, do a pipe puzzle, then a small circuit, then ANOTHER 7x7 circuit in under 6 mins or whatever is making me hate my life.

EDIT 2: And what's your reward for beating this miserable section? MORE. FUCKING. PIPES. That designer needs to be shot twice.

Edited by TheFalcon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this game captured the feel of the Saw films perfectly. And by that I mean it feels like Jigsaw himself created this game. With the insane amount of booby traps, same four puzzles repeating over and over again, the most annoying NPCs ever, and quite possibly the shittiest combat I've ever come across, Saw truly was a nightmare to play. I had to endure the pain and push myself to reach the end of Jigsaw's game and when all was said and done I felt relieved.

...So, yeah, I'll probably pass on Saw 2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...