Best Skill Obtaining Strategy

Just a great easy way to build up ur skills quickly. I used it on Original to get all of Heero's skills in like an hour.

- Requires two controllers.

1. With controller one select Original Mode.

2. With controller two press start.

3. With controller one select Domon Kasshu.

4. then select your desired character(I use Heero).

5. Select Mission 5 and get Domon killed at the beggining(trying not to spoil anything guys).

After getting killed your desired character should recieve a new skill EVERY time you do this. happy hunting =P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, when trying to get my remaining kills (out of 100k), I just kept playing and playing odessa with wing zero and I would have got them on the way. 100k takes forever, so it would have been nice to see a "achievement unlocked" partway through it. I had to grind 40k kills after i got all the other achieves.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I can not get this to work for me :(

I start the stage and just let Domon die, when the stats screen comes up both characters have 0 xp, 0 skills gained, i know some people can get it to work, so i must be missing something, please help :)

They may have patched it. The last time I played this was back when it was released and there was no patch for it then. Just popped the disk in now and it asked me to update the game. This could be what the patch fixed, I'm not sure.

I'll test it now and report back my findings :). I already have the All Skills achievement (did it the looooong way) but it would be nice to level some of the other characters up quickly.

.:EDIT:.

To grind the skills using the method in the OP, you must have the character on the second controller at level 30. If they are any other level, it will not work.

Thanks to ShinUkyo from this post:

Good tips, that's prolly the fastest mission completion that you can get. If anything, that would be a great method to get the "learn all skills" achievement. Once a character reaches MAX pilot level, they will learn a new skill after every mission (whether you pass or fail). So if you can get Haman to level 30, then use the tactic you described, you'll have all the skills in no time. Even with loading time, you should be able to learn a new skill every minute or so (and there's only 30 skills total).
Edited by ezekiel 08

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They patched the game just recently and I doubt this works (not that I tested the method posted here)

I had all the skills with Heero 40% of the way through Original Mode....like seriously, I don't see why so many people have a problem with this achievement.

I used Amuro for Official Mode and he had about 45% of his skills once I was done with every one.

I started using Heero at the beginning of Original Mode and boosted all the characters through their story with him and by the time I had 7 stories complete, he had all of his skills....it almost seemed like a waste to continue with him but he's so incredibly bad ass, I couldn't resist.

I've only been playing the game for 3 days (30 Hours right on) and all I have left is the 100,000 kills...matter of fact, only 40,000 left to do.

If you repeat the first level of Heero's story over and over, you average 800 kills in less than 10 minutes if you conquer the entire field and kill all the bosses.

I think the patch is supposed to give you a new skill at the end of each mission you complete. I know that every mission I completed I earned a new skill. I have no idea if your performance has any thing to do with it but most maps I was completing in under 10 minutes and was getting a mission rank (gold numbers) of at least 1600-2000 every time.

I never got any abilities if I failed a mission either...which happened about 4 or 5 times while I was using Amuro...so yeah.

You really don't even need this trick any more. I'm sure the patch fixed the skills thing so you get a new skill at the end of each completed mission.

Any way, I know this post is old but I just came on here to see if any one went back to whore this game like I did....easy 1000, decent game.

• 2 months later...

If you want to acquire the all skills achievement right away, that strategy does work a charm. However if you just use a single character on a second controller to blow through Original Mode, you could probably collect every skill for that character in no time. I even maxed out Heero's skill chart before I completed 8 Original Modes.

• 2 months later...
So can I confirmed that this works on the patched version as long as my second controller char is level 30?

the patch does not affect this method at all,

as long as you do ANY mission with a level 30 character, whether you win or lose, you will acquire a Skill at the end of the mission. If both player are level 30, both will receive a Skill.

the method described here is simply giving you which mission ends the fastest (as you do not need to win to acquire a skill)

tho since Domon will be Player 1, unless Domon is also level 30, he won't be receiving any skills. and player 2 can be any pilot desired, as long as the pilot is level 30, he will acquire a skill at the end of the mission.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

It did get patched "recently". It doesn't work anymore. If you don't believe me, try it. I tried to get maximum skills for my last 7 shittiest characters, and had to do it completely legit. I hadn't touched the game in maybe 6 months, and there was a new patch. Clearing it doesn't change anything because there is no Save File to delete, the save system is too old.