Unlocking achievements offline

slysy

Does unlocking achievements offline work? In Jetpack Joyride I didn't get any achievements popups. When I next connected to the internet, I had to go into the game again and choose "connect to xbox live" in the title screen. The achievements I'd previously earned then all popped at once.

In Rocket Riot I also haven't seen any achievements pop while offline and am getting a bit concerned. Why can't they just unlock offline and sync later like on WP7?

It all depends on the game. For Angry Birds Space you can be offline and then when you connect to the internet to sync the achievements you just close the app then reload it and it will sync the achievements. Don't know why the others games don't work like that :/

But how would you sign in to your profile without being online? I know on xbox, you can sign in offline, but I didn't think you could do that on Win8

But how would you sign in to your profile without being online? I know on xbox, you can sign in offline, but I didn't think you could do that on Win8

True, I realize I must of signed in before being disconnected from the internet then just put my laptop in sleep and had the app left open before heading to school. Seems like the only way to do it right now. Which is lame imo.

It depends on the game you're playing. Most achievments (For consoles) pop up offline and online. Even the XBLA do. However I think in Happy Wars case, you can only get the achievements online.

Yeah but the difference is, your profile is stored on your console, so you can sign in offline. Where as Win8 requires you to sign in to your profile to access it, its not actually stored on your PC.

Handy to know that you can sign in, then disconnect though :) better then nothing lol

Yeah but the difference is, your profile is stored on your console, so you can sign in offline. Where as Win8 requires you to sign in to your profile to access it, its not actually stored on your PC.

Handy to know that you can sign in, then disconnect though :) better then nothing lol

Yea, doesn't work for all games though sadly I know Fruit Ninja and Jetpack joyride don't work(least it didn't for me), but angry birds space and 4 elements does.