Rockstar to give GTAV players $500k stimulus package

Selections

Woo Hoo! California (I'm assuming that's where Los Santos is) government bailouts for all! :) I had lost my original character but my current one is doing ok. Just bought an 80K apartment, but could always use some funds for a nicer place or a better car (Schyster and Buffalo - same one Franklin starts with - currently).

So newcomers like myself, will lose out becasue I haven't played yet, ah well I'm just happy the issues are solved before I start.

Sounds good though to all the ones who have had problems though, so kind of balances it out from what I said.

I'm not sure why people think that if they haven't played yet, they don't get the package. Sounds to me like as long as you play any time before the month ends, you're eligible. So you still have 3 weeks to start the online play, which is pretty damn generous.

I'm not sure why people think that if they haven't played yet, they don't get the package. Sounds to me like as long as you play any time before the month ends, you're eligible. So you still have 3 weeks to start the online play, which is pretty damn generous.

It really is generous, because anyone who starts it now won't have the same issues we all did. They don't deserve anything,but they're getting it anyway.

It still fucking frustrates me that people have a problem with it, as if they're entitled to whatever they want. They knew of the risks to their progress and carried on anyway.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

It really is generous, because anyone who starts it now won't bave e same issues we all did. They don't deserve anything,but they're getting it anyway.

It still fucking frustrates me that people have a problem with it, as if they're entitled to whatever they want. They knew of the risks to their progress and carried on anyway.

This is why I adore you. You think like me. People don't understand they bought the game/product. They aren't stock/shareholders in the entire company. It's why Fan Based Criticism ticks me off. I'm all for it but majority of it is NOT constructive. It's personal preferences they want in the end.

Like Focus Groups for movies - WORST THINGS. They base the editing and re-shooting of a movie on a dozen or so nose picking goobs who's entire argument was "It sucks! Make it better!"

It's no different than purchasing a movie ticket or DVD. You pretty much know what you're going into and if the trailer "misled" you, it's your own damn fault.

Nobody forced anything on you.

I've also heard enough of the Microtransaction fiasco. People can assume R* is pushing it so hard all they want (either way, you make a product, you try to sell it - it's called Business) but I and others like me feel absolutely NO need/pressure/etc to want to pay Real Money for In Game Money. It's there. You don't have to purchase it. Get over it.

People don't understand they bought the game/product. It's why Fan Based Criticism ticks me off. I'm all for it but majority of it is NOT constructive. It's personal preferences they want in the end. I've also heard enough of the Microtransaction fiasco. Get over it.

microtransactions sucks, rockstar's so greedy. the game should've also been 100% working day 1. totally boycotting rockstar now. so...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aZPWVQ9_460sa.gif

edit: also..

who's -- WHOSE

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/Grammar-Police.png

ps: this entire post is light-hearted and not to be taken seriously by its potential viewers. i secretly love flib and want to procreate him so hard.

Edited by Hishoa

This is one of those situations where people that deserve the least will gain the most.

sucks for the people that lost their expensive appartment+cars for only getting a (partial) refund. it's worse for people that lost a rank 25+ character since tey need to re-earn their rp and will gain close to 500k in the progress anyway. I just feel this is a crappy way to compensate for the losses. I think a xbonus xp/money event would be more apropriate since it also compensates for the loss of character. I also think 500k is a bit high and unfair towards the players that worked hard to get the highend appartmentd.

This is one of those situations where people that deserve the least will gain the most.

sucks for the people that lost their expensive appartment+cars for only getting a (partial) refund. it's worse for people that lost a rank 25+ character since tey need to re-earn their rp and will gain close to 500k in the progress anyway. I just feel this is a crappy way to compensate for the losses. I think a xbonus xp/money event would be more apropriate since it also compensates for the loss of character. I also think 500k is a bit high and unfair towards the players that worked hard to get the highend appartmentd.

Im sure a double XP(RP) weekend will come. But with all the online troubles lately and the shit with the cloud its a lot easier for them to dish out 500k. When they feel confident that the servers can actually handle what they did on Oct 1 smoothly, will be the time when an XP weekend will happen.

No point attracting mass players to play over the weekend when they're only going to have something severe like character loss with bad cloud servers.