Easy money glitch with bounties.

Selections

Hey guys. Just picked up on a quick glitch that could be an easier way to make money earlier on in the game.

Make sure you have the lasso, bringing back someone alive, rather than dead will earn you more money. But it works both ways.

I did this in Armadillo with the room on the 2nd floor purchased for $50 before hand.

Anyways, start and complete a bounty, and hand in the reward. After doing so find a way to die. Easiest way is to start a fight in the bar and get everyone angry so they start shooting at you. When you come back alive in your room, the bounty will still resume from the start, allowing you to rinse and repeat as many times necessary.

Does it really matter?

You get about $200 max for a bounty

I have done a total of three bounties, with one guy worth $480 alive. I died by accident and had the money from said bounty but the bounty was re-doable. So I can confirm this glitch/tactic. According to my Prima guide, this $480 bounty guy was only a "moderate reward". Surely there are others out there worth more that $480. Anyone know the highest bounty amount?

I have done a total of three bounties, with one guy worth $480 alive. I died by accident and had the money from said bounty but the bounty was re-doable. So I can confirm this glitch/tactic. According to my Prima guide, this $480 bounty guy was only a "moderate reward". Surely there are others out there worth more that $480. Anyone know the highest bounty amount?

Hmm. Then that's good to know, I guess.

The only problem now is taking people alive. It's not that I can't, it's just time consuming. I'm more of a "server of hot leaded justice", if you can gather my meaning. To be honest, the only time I bring someone back alive is when it's a requirement for a suit and even then I lasso the guy and drag him all the way back to town, even with his boys on my tail.

What? And get my boots dirty by getting off my horse. Psshh

It was Link Huston. I am 100% sure it was $480, because that number stuck in my head so much. Also, I had about $1,000 at the time, and doing this mission twice got me to nearly $2,000. I remember thinking "I doubled my money". Just trying to convey that it was indeed that much $$$

The two things that are weird is that 1) The Brady Guide doesn't list the dollar amounts and 2) Others have not seen such high amounts for bounties.

I agree though, catching, than lassoing, then putting the bounty on your horse, then bringing him all the way to town is a huge pain. I was assuming that there were higher bounties than $480, which make this all worth it.

It was Link Huston. I am 100% sure it was $480, because that number stuck in my head so much. Also, I had about $1,000 at the time, and doing this mission twice got me to nearly $2,000. I remember thinking "I doubled my money". Just trying to convey that it was indeed that much $$$

The two things that are weird is that 1) The Brady Guide doesn't list the dollar amounts and 2) Others have not seen such high amounts for bounties.

I agree though, catching, than lassoing, then putting the bounty on your horse, then bringing him all the way to town is a huge pain. I was assuming that there were higher bounties than $480, which make this all worth it.

Highest I've had so far was $600 alive.

I don't think I get you.

So you start and finish a bounty then die?

Do you mean that when you die, the map still shows that you haven't caught the guy but the money gained remains in your bank?

Doesn't the game autosave when you complete a task?

Yeah, start and finish it, hand him in alive, then die. When you respawn in your room it will say "X was last seen in X location". So your free to do it again and again.

After you hand it in, you get the money and it autosaves. However when you die for some reason it starts the bounty all over again and you still have your money and honour gained.

Does it really matter?

You get about $200 max for a bounty.... you'll be doing the same mission over and over lots just to get to 10k.... may as well play the game normally and get it that way

Early in the game I was able to get $240 from someone alive. Keep in mind, I said early on in the game, around where you first enter Armadillo. Someone new to Red Dead with not much experience in these types of games might find it hard to get money when you first start. So new players could use this method to give them a nice boost early on in the game.