Coming to next gen!

BC32

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

Yeah R* says the next gen version will have new upgrades, cars, properties, and jobs. As well as our current online characters can be uploaded to the next gen version of our choice. Which is the best part I put a lot of time in to getting all my stuff in GTA online between the several reset characters and the bounty resets. Just glad it's not for nothing.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

Yeah R* says the next gen version will have new upgrades, cars, properties, and jobs. As well as our current online characters can be uploaded to the next gen version of our choice. Which is the best part I put a lot of time in to getting all my stuff in GTA online between the several reset characters and the bounty resets. Just glad it's not for nothing.

When they say our current online characters can be uploaded to the next gen version does that mean just the characters aesthetics' / appearance. Or does it include all the cars, properties, tanks, planes, helicopters, weapons, clothes, rank and stats that we have accumulated.

here's what i want to know, and i want to hear your opinions on whether it will be capable or not. I will get it on xbox one when it comes out, but what i want to know, is i have a friend who doesn't have a one and won't be getting one for a while. I would keep my 360 copy so i could play with him. Will i be able to use my character on both consoles? like say im level 68, and im playing on the 360 and level up to 69, will i then be able to sign in on the xbone and be that level 69? that would be amazing

Viperspike all your GTA online houses and cars and money will transfer to which ever next gen console you choose.

bigbbubba You get to transfer your character one time to the next gen version. I'm pretty sure that means it's permeant And you can't switch back.

Which then begs the question, what if you choose not to transfer them over (assuming you get a choice)? Does that mean you can have four characters? Not applicable to me, as I won't be getting an X1 anytime soon (although AC: Unity has me thinking about it sooner than I originally planned), but still something I have wondered.

here's what i want to know, and i want to hear your opinions on whether it will be capable or not. I will get it on xbox one when it comes out, but what i want to know, is i have a friend who doesn't have a one and won't be getting one for a while. I would keep my 360 copy so i could play with him. Will i be able to use my character on both consoles? like say im level 68, and im playing on the 360 and level up to 69, will i then be able to sign in on the xbone and be that level 69? that would be amazing

imo it would just be easier for R* to let us play with 360 players on our One, so that way if you have friends or crew members who haven't upgraded yet you can still mess around with them :3

also I hope next gen/PC GTA online has all the animals and things the single player has...would be nice to see animals and have cops chasing NPC's in the city, make it feel more alive then just a place where people drive tanks lol

imo it would just be easier for R* to let us play with 360 players on our One, so that way if you have friends or crew members who haven't upgraded yet you can still mess around with them :3

also I hope next gen/PC GTA online has all the animals and things the single player has...would be nice to see animals and have cops chasing NPC's in the city, make it feel more alive then just a place where people drive tanks lol

Ahhhh Animals... Takes me back to when I spent hours in the mountains killing the animals to satisfy Cletus. The fun challenge one was trying to take a picture of a charging cougar and the corpse of an Elk and send text it to Cletus before the cougar killed me.

If they add animals to GTA Online, don't go in the wilderness at night because half the time you won't see where the cougar is charging from till its too late.

Ahhhh Animals... Takes me back to when I spent hours in the mountains killing the animals to satisfy Cletus. The fun challenge one was trying to take a picture of a charging cougar and the corpse of an Elk and send text it to Cletus before the cougar killed me.

If they add animals to GTA Online, don't go in the wilderness at night because half the time you won't see where the cougar is charging from till its too late.

....actually they do that menacing growl of theirs and 2 seconds later you are mincemeat. luckily i manage to turn and spot them just in time and aim at them out in the plain open grassy areas away from the crowded woods so i can see them and BANG!!!!....1 dead kitty. but sometimes you ain't that lucky and the kitty gets you.

It's on the Game.Uk website for Pre Order @ £54.99....

http://www.game.co.uk/en/grand-theft-auto-v-301143?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=589106&catGroupId=

I already played it on the 360, will still get it on Xbox One, great game...

Edited by DjBatfink

So where does this leave us in terms of the achievements? I got the 1000G in this game and sold it with my 360 when the x1 released. So if my rank 103 or whatever it was character switches over to the xbox one version, what happens with the rank related achievements etc? (Assuming the x1 version has it's own set of achievements)