Achievement List Revealed

ImAPirateSoSueMe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So NOT cool. A lot of "by the numbers" achievements and not many creative ones like other open-world games.

Also, 40 achievements for 15:gsicon: each? That doesn't add up.

They've could've been more creative I suppose, but honestly I wouldn't have cared much more tbh lol.

It says at the top of that IGN page;

Bungie announced 40 Achievements and Trophies on June 27, but did not announce points or values for the list. All values have been set to 15 points and Bronze temporarily.

40 achievements? No 7 reference? At least there was one achievement lol.

You blind, son? :p

Lucky 7's - Attain a Grimoire score of 777

It says at the top of that IGN page;

Bungie announced 40 Achievements and Trophies on June 27, but did not announce points or values for the list. All values have been set to 15 points and Bronze temporarily.

Didn't read that print. Good call ;)

The list looks okay at best to me, I'm surprised there aren't least a few story related ones.

I'm personally not too excited for this game as much as I love Bungie and Halo. The beta will be what seals the deal for me. I'm just disappointed by the number of players they're limiting it to seeing as how they're classing this as a "MMO".

3 player co-op groups.

6 player raids

12 player PvP

Doesn't sound much like a "MMO" to me in the least.

The list looks okay at best to me, I'm surprised there aren't least a few story related ones.

I'm personally not too excited for this game as much as I love Bungie and Halo. The beta will be what seals the deal for me. I'm just disappointed by the number of players they're limiting it to seeing as how they're classing this as a "MMO".

3 player co-op groups.

6 player raids

12 player PvP

Doesn't sound much like a "MMO" to me in the least.

Shit. Everything about this post is something I woulda said.

I'm personally not too excited for this game as much as I love Bungie and Halo. The beta will be what seals the deal for me.

I felt the same why until I read the insanely positive feedback from the alpha. There was a Neogaf thread where over 80% of users reported significant increase in interest for the game after playing the alpha. That's extremely positive feedback for an alpha. Only something like 13% of players had reduced interest.

I'm feeling confident about this one.

I felt the same why until I read the insanely positive feedback from the alpha. There was a Neogaf thread where over 80% of users reported significant increase in interest for the game after playing the alpha. That's extremely positive feedback for an alpha. Only something like 13% of players had reduced interest.

I'm feeling confident about this one.

I played the Alpha. Trust me its as good as everyone is saying and then some.

Gun play is divine and once you hope on a sparrow you won't want to get of it for awhile.

Enemies are all highly entertaining as well.

All this gleaned from a tiny slice of Alpha...

Beta is set to be an even bigger slice of Destiny pie.

Cannot wait!

To me though it just seems like a Halo+Borderlands baby. Now with that being said, there's nothing wrong with that as both those games are great and all. I just feel that if you played either one of them, you played Destiny. That's just me though. I WANT to be excited for this, it just hasn't blown me anyway, so that's why I'll leave my decision to the beta when I actually get to play it.

Opinions, like assholes, we all have one.

Just curious but what's a sandbox achievement?

Surely he means the lack of creativity given it's an open world game akin Borderlands and Defiance, hell, even GTA, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead.

There just seems to be a massive lack of creative achievements other than like, Lucky 7's. Everything else is, just like he said, by-the-numbers and awfully insipid.

Surely he means the lack of creativity given it's an open world game akin Borderlands and Defiance, hell, even GTA, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead.

There just seems to be a massive lack of creative achievements other than like, Lucky 7's. Everything else is, just like he said, by-the-numbers and awfully insipid.

:whs

I agree. Extreme lack of creativity with the list. It's a shame, but I still have very high hopes for the game, regardless of how shitty the achievements are.

I just feel that if you played either one of them, you played Destiny.

I've played Borderlands 1+2 a lot. Played the Destiny Alpha, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing Destiny a lot more! It really doesn't play as a Borderlands game. As for Halo.. Only play that every now and then at a friends house. I can see the similarities, but it really is a different game.

As for there being no story related achievements. This list is only 40 achievements long. They didn't list the platinum trophy either. So it's safe to assume they didn't include any store related/hidden achievements to prevent spoilers.

I don't think Lucky 7's is anything special. There isn't much info but your score seems to increase by killing enemies and doing challenges. A lot of people in the Alpha seem to be around the high 200's and some people have 500+.

I don't think Lucky 7's is anything special. There isn't much info but your score seems to increase by killing enemies and doing challenges. A lot of people in the Alpha seem to be around the high 200's and some people have 500+.

Pretty much everything you did gave your Grimoire points. I had 400-something. 777 shouldn't take long at all.