The only one that has me shaking my head is the 4 player split-screen Blood Gulch achievement. Really? Other than that, seems like a decent list. Definitely not a quick 100% completion though, that's for sure. With Halo Wars, this might be my second Halo game I'm not getting 100% on. Between that split-screen achievement and all the LASO ones, not sure I can get them all. Guess we'll see if Bandanna really will make it that much easier. (Some CEA levels were still pretty challenging on a LASO run).

The only one that has me shaking my head is the 4 player split-screen Blood Gulch achievement. Really? Other than that, seems like a decent list. Definitely not a quick 100% completion though, that's for sure. With Halo Wars, this might be my second Halo game I'm not getting 100% on. Between that split-screen achievement and all the LASO ones, not sure I can get them all. Guess we'll see if Bandanna really will make it that much easier. (Some CEA levels were still pretty challenging on a LASO run).

I was just talking to my friend about that one. Looks like I'm gonna have to head on over to his house with my controller and two other friends to help him, then we all rotate the favor, lol.

Bandana will definitely help…though Assassin's Skull for Halo 2 is going to render the LASO runs near impossible, don't you agree? There's also like 10+ new skulls that we know nothing of.

Why is everyone complaining about 500 MP wins? Out of all achievements, it really isn't that bad.

Maybe I'm an exception to the rule, but I have 5,000 MP wins across the game. Hell, I have 610 wins in Reach, and it was my least favourite Halo game. If you play the shorter gametypes like SWAT, it'll take about 50-80 hours, which isn't that bad considering how many different MP experiences there are.

This list seems to be made just so that they can say "400+ achievements", when really they could've done more or less the exact same list in 200 or less. It would've allowed us to get more gamerscore for harder achievements as well, making them stand out more.

Oh well. I guess quantity over quality.

Why is everyone complaining about 500 MP wins? Out of all achievements, it really isn't that bad. Maybe I'm an exception to the rule, but I have 5,000 MP wins across the game. Hell, I have 610 wins in Reach, and it was my least favourite Halo game.

That's what I was trying to say :/

Besides, adding to your comment, Social Playlists will be flooded with "casual" players thus making winning a whole lot easier.

I kinda wish they did 343 achievements. That woulda been more special.

Edited by BiggD

Some sound annoying for sure, but I might give it ago.

TBH, the achievement that annoys me the most on the list is "Mystery Achievement. Inscrutable. Mysterious.".

I understand not telling you what an achievement is for story based ones, but this isn't tied to any campaign or even a specific title, it's just an overall achievement with nothing to hint at how to unlock it. I can see this one been beyond frustrating.

Some sound annoying for sure, but I might give it ago.

TBH, the achievement that annoys me the most on the list is "Mystery Achievement. Inscrutable. Mysterious.".

I understand not telling you what an achievement is for story based ones, but this isn't tied to any campaign or even a specific title, it's just an overall achievement with nothing to hint at how to unlock it. I can see this one been beyond frustrating.

LOL, very true. I'm sure it'll be one of those things that's easier to unlock than we suspect.

LOL, very true. I'm sure it'll be one of those things that's easier to unlock than we suspect.

The hardest part will simply be us trying to work out how it's unlocked. Once it does finally start to pop for people we'll eventually be able to work it out, but it's gonna take a lot of effort because there'll probably end up been a lot of conflicting evidence.

It's a shame that a number of you are saying you won't buy/play this game based off the achievement list, though I guess that's nothing new for members of this site. Personally I'm getting this game just for some more Halo 2 online (with a little CE and 3 thrown in) but I will be happy to attempt this list regardless.

The hardest part will simply be us trying to work out how it's unlocked. Once it does finally start to pop for people we'll eventually be able to work it out, but it's gonna take a lot of effort because there'll probably end up been a lot of conflicting evidence.

It's probably an achievement for pressing Start (or whatever that button is now)... ;)

What does LASO mean? I have no idea what it means thanks.

Legendary All Skulls On

SLASO is Solo Legendary All Skulls On. Thank goodness there are no achievements for that...

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I'm all over this man, even if it means I play nothing else for 3-6 months until I 4k this game, I will have that completion by golly.

Life, fancy some matchmaking or…dare I say…LASO? ;)

It's a shame that a number of you are saying you won't buy/play this game based off the achievement list, though I guess that's nothing new for members of this site. Personally I'm getting this game just for some more Halo 2 online (with a little CE and 3 thrown in) but I will be happy to attempt this list regardless.

Agreed. People who are both complaining about the list and then also saying they're gonna pass because of the list are…well, the less said, the better.

Legendary All Skulls On

SLASO is Solo Legendary All Skulls On. Thank goodness there are no achievements for that...

That would really suck. I'm glad Co-Op LASO is a viable option for this achievement. Not only will it make it a bit easier, but the memories to be shared with friends whilst going for it will be great.

I just wonder if The Master Chief Saga playlist and the LASO playlists can be done in parts, rather than one stupid sitting.

Naked Eli and Mythic Tyrant also got an achievement named after them.

http://i.gyazo.com/247479d98affb460deac25603e8cd578.png

That's pretty legit! Kudos to them :D

It's probably an achievement for pressing Start (or whatever that button is now)... ;)

Legendary All Skulls On

WOW, that's insane, they love hard achievements over at 343 am surprised they have not made a 5G achievement for playing all 4 games on legendary back to back without stopping and not getting one bullet of damage. All kidding aside, knowing this I am even more happy not to get this collection as this achievement would have be pulling my hair out LOL.

I'm still looking forward to this game, but this might be one of the worst achievement lists I've ever seen! There's just so many achievements that are pure EVIL! I died a little on the inside when I saw the "That Just Happened" achievement making a return, not to mention the LASO achievements...that's just pure torture. :p

And the grinding...so much grinding... :eek:

So, as usual, I won't be completing this Halo game...damn you developers. :p

Edited by Chaz Of Sparta

I'm still looking forward to this game, but this might be one of the worst achievement lists I've ever seen! There's just so many achievements that are pure EVIL! I died a little on the inside when I saw the "That Just Happened" achievement making a return, not to mention the LASO achievements...that's just pure torture. :p

And the grinding...so much grinding... :eek:

So, as usual, I won't be completing this Halo game...damn you developers. :p

Damn, man!

I feel like me and LifeExpectancy are the only ones here that are determined to complete this game! :p

Don't worry Bigg. I'll be going for the completion as well. I just won't be happy about it. Probably going to be a lot of miserable SWAT matches praying to god I get teammates who can carry to my 500 wins. I'm working out a system right now for the best order to tackle these in. Not sure if I want to tackle the LASO run first or do them on Legendary first.

Other than needing 4 controllers for one damn achievement, I think this list is fucking beautiful. Grindy? Shit no. I played thousands upon thousands of matches in Halo 2 and Halo 3 back in the day. Even Reach had somewhere around 1000 matches, too. Halo 4 had the least play time, but that was still over 700 matches played. As for the enemy kills, BiggD already broke it down. Just beat ONE campaign on Legendary, and then look at your progress bars. If you're going for the other campaign based achievements, they will unlock naturally with them. 400 achievements is beautiful to me. This list really separates the hardcore from the not-so-hardcore it seems.

Don't worry Bigg. I'll be going for the completion as well. I just won't be happy about it. Probably going to be a lot of miserable SWAT matches praying to god I get teammates who can carry to my 500 wins. I'm working out a system right now for the best order to tackle these in. Not sure if I want to tackle the LASO run first or do them on Legendary first.

Make that three of us then :D Hey, I know you don't like MP much, so be happy there's no insanely annoying Halo 3 type achievements that require boosting ;)

As for the order of these Campaigns, this is my projected schedule:

- Legendary playthrough of all 4 Campaigns (collectibles, side achievements, easter eggs)

- Par Time/Score playthroughs of all 4 Campaigns

- Redo Halo: CEA and Halo 2 Campaigns in classic mode (for that classic/remastered achievement)

- Any Campaign playlist related shit that needs to be done

- LASO playthrough of everything for last

I think 4 playthroughs of everything is the bare minimum.

Only because:

1. You can't stack Campaign playlists with LASO

2. You NEED to do Halo: CEA and Halo 2 twice minimum for the classic/remaster achievements

3. There's no logical way someone can do LASO with Par Time/Score achievements.

Other than needing 4 controllers for one damn achievement, I think this list is fucking beautiful. Grindy? Shit no. I played thousands upon thousands of matches in Halo 2 and Halo 3 back in the day. Even Reach had somewhere around 1000 matches, too. Halo 4 had the least play time, but that was still over 700 matches played. As for the enemy kills, BiggD already broke it down. Just beat ONE campaign on Legendary, and then look at your progress bars. If you're going for the other campaign based achievements, they will unlock naturally with them. 400 achievements is beautiful to me. This list really separates the hardcore from the not-so-hardcore it seems.

Preach it brother! This list is not a grind-fest at all. Looks like you'll be another to try to go for the full completion :D

I do agree that the 4 controllers for Blood Gulch is annoying me, though, lol.

Edited by BiggD

I never said I wouldn't complete the game, lol.

And why would you have a separate playthrough for Legendary when you will get Legendary via LASO?

For side achievements and collectibles (toys, skulls, and terminals).

I don't think many people will want to go for level-specific achievements and collectibles when skulls like Blind, Iron, Assassin, Ghost, Black Eye and Thunderstorm are on.

The Assassin skull makes ALL enemies permanently invisible, so doing an achievement like "Kill in Grunts on Legendary in Two Betrayals" and achievements like that will be too hard to do on LASO.

So I personally think splitting up LASO and a second Legendary playthrough is the smartest way to go about doing that.

I don't know about anybody else, but I will NOT be doing LASO solo whereas there are legendary solo achievements, so that becomes counterproductive. Even with the second controller inactive, having two people in LASO turns the level reset into a checkpoint reset when one person dies. Huge improvement.

I cheesed the fuck out of the Hard Raid boss on Destiny today and I'm cheesing the fuck out of Halo when the next game hits too.

Wonder what the toys in Halo 2 are going to be like.

Also, anybody else excited to see people try to get the IWHBYD skull in Halo 2 for their first time? Besides the pain in the ass nature of just getting it to spawn (wonder if they'll remove that...) the 'effect' of picking it up will be hilarious.