List of skulls for LASO Playlist.

Reach was terrible, armour abilities are lame, no DMR, no ranked playlists, just EXP. Firefight was boring as hell, waste of time and space.

Uh, Reach invented the DMR. You must mean BR, which the first Halo didn't have either. I agree the ranking system was pointless and stupid. I would much rather play multi-team on a game where ranks are skill based and determine who you're matched with. There would be a lot less people playing the way I do. Everyone went for kills in objective for their precious K/D. I killed for the commendations, medals, and fun. The only time I went in the objective during Crazy King was to get a few Hail to the King medals. I loved Rocket Hog Race. I have nearly 30,000 wheelmans while most people couldn't even onyx that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Reach invented the DMR. You must mean BR, which the first Halo didn't have either. I agree the ranking system was pointless and stupid. I would much rather play multi-team on a game where ranks are skill based and determine who you're matched with. There would be a lot less people playing the way I do. Everyone went for kills in objective for their precious K/D. I killed for the commendations, medals, and fun. The only time I went in the objective during Crazy King was to get a few Hail to the King medals. I loved Rocket Hog Race. I have nearly 30,000 wheelmans while most people couldn't even onyx that.

At least you agreed that Reach's ranking was stupid. That automatically means Reach sucks arse. We know that you have onyx in all commendations but have you ever reached a 50 in Halo 2/3? That is a real achievement to be proud of. Not how many assist or wheelman medals you can get. Anyone can go and put shots onto people or drive vehicles. Its easy.

At least you agreed that Reach's ranking was stupid. That automatically means Reach sucks arse. We know that you have onyx in all commendations but have you ever reached a 50 in Halo 2/3? That is a real achievement to be proud of. Not how many assist or wheelman medals you can get. Anyone can go and put shots onto people or drive vehicles. Its easy.

If you think it's that easy, get on Reach and see how many Unfrigs you can get in RHR and drive others to. It's not as easy as you think. Aside from trying to play the PC version of Halo CE on dialup, I wasn't able to partake in Halo online until DSL was finally brought to this area a month or so after Reach released. I live out in farm country, so I'm always screwed when it comes to internet. Actually being on dedicated servers for MCC, should be awesome, but the playlists leave something to be desired.

I understand being irked at them changing LASO to fit their own definition of true LASO, but if you think about it true LASO sprang up around the Halo 2 community originally. And in that sense Bandanna didnt even exist. Nor did it exist for Halo 3. So I dont mind them removing Bandanna for Halo CE and not allowing it in Halo 2.

The one that confuses me the most is Envy. I mean while it technically does make the game easier, it is only MARGINALLY easier. The other skulls make the enemies super smart and the whopping 3 secs of cloak you get from envy didnt make an earth shattering difference. There is a reason only 3 people ever completed Halo 2 SLASO.

That said, none of these achievements require Solo and I think folks were kidding themselves if they thought they were going to do Halo 2 SLASO now, even if Envy was left in. Most of us arent that good. They fact that we can do it co op means it should be attainable for most of us.

Also correct me if Im wrong but doesnt one of the new skulls in Halo 2 LASO give one player in co op infinite ammo while the other one can only use melee? If thats true just have the infinite ammo guy killing everything.

I've done my fair share of curse-laden ranting on these forums, but I think finding reasons to hate 343i for what is by all rights the greatest fan-service collection ever is a tad asinine.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Also correct me if Im wrong but doesnt one of the new skulls in Halo 2 LASO give one player in co op infinite ammo while the other one can only use melee? If thats true just have the infinite ammo guy killing everything.

Yup.

Master Blaster.

One player's shields recharge to overshield level and can only melee while the second player has no shields but infinite ammo. Roles switch after a number of enemy kills.

If you coordinate with your partner well, then you can tackle the Campaign with, no exaggeration, pure ease. I'm pretty sure the over shield player will have Black Eye and Streaking negated, so there's that.

Yup.

Master Blaster.

One player's shields recharge to overshield level and can only melee while the second player has no shields but infinite ammo. Roles switch after a number of enemy kills.

If you coordinate with your partner well, then you can tackle the Campaign with, no exaggeration, pure ease. I'm pretty sure the over shield player will have Black Eye and Streaking negated, so there's that.

Thought so. It's nearly impossible SLASO but should be attainable co op. I'm greatly looking forward to monday morning when my HK copy unlocks.

I ordered an extra LE from game.uk and I'm going to be doing a giveaway. I have no monetary gain either as the channel is not monetized. I just want to give back to the community. More info to come.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Thought so. It's nearly impossible SLASO but should be attainable co op. I'm greatly looking forward to monday morning when my HK copy unlocks.

I ordered an extra LE from game.uk and I'm going to be doing a giveaway. I have no monetary gain either as the channel is not monetized. I just want to give back to the community. More info to come.

Heh. I bought digital, physical at Gamestop, and I picked up a 12 month gold card today for the Feather skull, so I'll have 3 of them for now. Feather is exclusive until March 2015, so I wasn't waiting for that one.

That's legit, man. I was on Halo Waypoint last night trying to win a free copy of the game in two giveaways. I was so close in the first giveaway, but I had planned to toss off the code to someone for free since why not?

Either way, speaking of Halo 2 LASO, it's probably the last Campaign I'll LASO.

CEA, H4, H3, H2. That might be my order.

That's legit, man. I was on Halo Waypoint last night trying to win a free copy of the game in two giveaways. I was so close in the first giveaway, but I had planned to toss off the code to someone for free since why not?

Either way, speaking of Halo 2 LASO, it's probably the last Campaign I'll LASO.

CEA, H4, H3, H2. That might be my order.

Soounds like a good idea. Easiest to hardest? Seems like there were more glitches in 1&2 than 3&4, but even with glitches H2 is the toughest LASO.

Soounds like a good idea. Easiest to hardest? Seems like there were more glitches in 1&2 than 3&4, but even with glitches H2 is the toughest LASO.

Easiest to hardest indeed!

Halo: CEA will be a joke. No Iron and Blind, ha! I laugh at such a LASO playlist without those.

Which reminds me, I hate Blind :( It's my least favorite skull out of them all.

Easiest to hardest indeed!

Halo: CEA will be a joke. No Iron and Blind, ha! I laugh at such a LASO playlist without those.

Which reminds me, I hate Blind :( It's my least favorite skull out of them all.

Lol

I thought Iron combined with Black eye would have been your least favourite. Those two are the worst.

Lol

I thought Iron combined with Black eye would have been your least favourite. Those two are the worst.

I will just never get used to not being able to see my gun. It makes the gameplay so jarring for me.

But Iron + Black Eye is kinda gross, almost as gross as Blind. Iron is kinda genius in it's invention/idea, but whoever thought of Black Eye is a horrible person. Black Eye, coupled with the new Streaking skull, which makes your shields decay slowly as you play and only recharging after a kill…and it's confusing. Black Eye + Streaking seem to conflict with each other.

I will just never get used to not being able to see my gun. It makes the gameplay so jarring for me.

But Iron + Black Eye is kinda gross, almost as gross as Blind. Iron is kinda genius in it's invention/idea, but whoever thought of Black Eye is a horrible person. Black Eye, coupled with the new Streaking skull, which makes your shields decay slowly as you play and only recharging after a kill…and it's confusing. Black Eye + Streaking seem to conflict with each other.

I just wish Black Eye was more like Vampire on Gears 3 was. I liked that so much I refused to play without it.

Never played Gears 3, personally.

Vampire disabled regular recharge and made it so doing any damage would recharge some health, not just melee. I'm still annoyed those Epic assholes made it so only 3 mutators could be turned on in Gears 3. I wanted to play on Insane with all of them on.

Edited by Viper187

Vampire disabled regular recharge and made it so doing any damage would recharge some health, not just melee. I'm still annoyed those Epic assholes made it so only 3 mutators could be turned on in Gears 3. I wanted to play on Insane with all of them on.

Yeah, Vampire sounds like the new Streaking Skull, except Streaking constantly eats away at your shield which can be kinda annoying!

Ok I was pretty freakin pumped about this whole LASO achievements deal. I love a challenge and that’s what laso is all about. It's the truest, most difficult and worthy way to play Halo. Of course that's not including secondary/silver/cheat/non-scoring skulls and that's why I was so happy when they revealed the playlists... But.... when I looked closer and thought about it a little more, Halo 1 and 2 are both pointless and the only non-scoring/positive skull in the Halo 2 playlist defeats the purpose of laso (why the hell is Materblaster a scoring/negative effecting skull?!).... As far as Halo 1, most if not all of the skulls (scoring/negative) are negated because of the lack of the famous and toughest skull IRON. This allows anyone and everyone to obtain the Halo 1 laso achievement simply because you can use two controllers, hide one controller and just keep respawning and picking enemies off. You pretty much have Bandana on, its basically all about patience. Then get to a checkpoint, rinse and repeat. Unlimited lives completely devalue the challenge and achievement. And this isn’t mentioning the fact that Boom will be on, which makes grenades OP and Halo 1 is pretty ridiculous with the whole chain reaction of grenades (AND YOU RESPAWN WITH GRENADE(S) EVERYTIME).... Halo 2 was sounding INSANE (With the 19 scoring/negative skulls!) I was looking forward to attempt this amazing challenge with my brother, we are very good at halo so it would have be a worthy achievement... but yet again they ruined the challenge by adding the Masterblaster skull which COMPLETELY changes the style, difficulty and skill required to succeed such an endeavor (without this skull you must rely on mastering enemy movement and weapons, also being good at sneaking, luring and picking off enemies, assassinating and the enormous amounts of cooperation and synchronizing perfectly with a partner, none of this is required/used at all with Masterblaster on). Masterblaster is essentially Bandana and the unlimited grenades is GAME BREAKING, all you have to do is spam them everywhere, above, around and bounced around corners, it negates the other skulls and contradicts the difficulty they add to the game.

Edited by swirlymanx

Oh look, more nitpicking :rolleyes:

Those who are upset about this whole LASO ordeal, turn the skulls on in which you declare "a true LASO experience" and proceed to LASO the Campaign in your style.

Problem solved. Just because 343's achievement it "a true LASO experience" doesn't mean "a true LASO experience still cannot be obtained."

And Bandana is not "game-breaking." People need to find a new phrase to pin towards a criticism of Bandana and more importantly, whip out a dictionary to understand what game-breaking even means.

it's not about "nitpicking" it's stating the facts and pointing out that Halo 1 and 2 laso achievements don't even compare in difficulty because of the things I stated, they are just not the same. And I'm only upset because I wanted all of the laso ACHIEVEMENTS to be equally difficult and prove skill and dedication (this is an achievement site). Now any noob and his grandma can obtain the first two game laso achievements... and as far as Bandana not being "gamebreaking" yes the word might be overstated but its just ridiculous how GAME CHANGING it results in. The difficulty is rendered/negated by a long shot... There is no arguing that unlimited grenades is gonna make it way easier, unlimited bullet ammo I can care less about. All i'm saying is it contradicts the difficulty of what the other skulls add to the game... The only reason for these playlists/achievements is to make it the most difficult it can be, with all the scoring/negative skulls on and to see how many people can achieve it. NOW anyone can do it (compared to less than 1% of people) it makes it pointless.

Edited by swirlymanx

it's not about "nitpicking" it's stating the facts and pointing out that Halo 1 and 2 laso achievements don't even compare in difficulty because of the things I stated, they are just not the same. And I'm only upset because I wanted all of the laso ACHIEVEMENTS to be equally difficult and prove skill and dedication. Now any noob and his grandma can obtain the first two game laso achievements... and as far as Bandana not being "gamebreaking" yes the word might be overstated but its just ridiculous how GAME CHANGING it results in. The difficulty is rendered/negated by a long shot... There is no arguing that unlimited grenades is gonna make it way easier, unlimited bullet ammo I can care less about. All i'm saying is it contradicts the difficulty of what the other skulls add to the game...

LASO is a joke in co-op no matter what. If it were SLASO, then it would be challenging. This arguing that a co-op achievement being too easy if it were really ALL skulls is just stupid.

@ viper

what are you saying dude, nobody does LASO (the mythic laso) you have to be HALO GODS to do it in co-op. Halo 2 is pretty much impossible already WITHOUT the new 9 scoring/negative skulls they added to this game. They also changed Iron to be like halo 3,4 and envy is out.... Even if they had SLASO achievements only like 2 dudes in the world would have it, and they probably would have to cheat/mod it to do it.