360 and One saves carry over completely

littlejay

I know they announced this already and it's a known feature, but I just had to clarify that it's in the beta and is amazing! I played the beta on 360 last week and when I checked my XOne download this morning, my characters in their same spots with all progress and inventory space were there.

I am very tempted to snag both copies.

Edit: Played on the One last night for a good while, logged out, and started the 360 version and all was updated.

Note1: Nobody knows if saves carry over from the beta. Probably not.

Note2: This does not mean XOne players can play with 360 players. They cannot.

Edited by littlejay

I know they announced this already and it's a known feature, but I just had to clarify that it's in the beta and is amazing! I played the beta on 360 last week and when I checked my XOne download this morning, my characters in their same spots with all progress and inventory space were there.

I am very tempted to snag both copies.

how were you able to play the beta a week before?

Just to clarify as the thread title can be a little misleading..

If you have a copy of the Destiny Beta on both your xbox 360 & Xbox one, the character data is saved at Bungie and syncs your characters and progress between the two devices.

You could for example (in theory) play Destiny on your Xbox 360, go over to a friends house and pick up where you left off on their Xbox One, and vice versa for example.

You can't however play cross platform connecting to people logged into different devices at the same time. While you are playing on One, you can only play multiplayer with people on the One at that time.

In regards to game data carrying over from Beta to the full game (which is how I misread the thread originally), the answer is No. Only special emblem if you play July 26 2:00pm pst stress test time and possibly other small exclusives for simply being part of the beta which will be linked to your gamer tag.

Just to clarify as the thread title can be a little misleading..

If you have a copy of the Destiny Beta on both your xbox 360 & Xbox one, the character data is saved at Bungie and syncs your characters and progress between the two devices.

You could for example (in theory) play Destiny on your Xbox 360, go over to a friends house and pick up where you left off on their Xbox One, and vice versa for example.

You can't however play cross platform connecting to people logged into different devices at the same time. While you are playing on One, you can only play multiplayer with people on the One at that time.

In regards to game data carrying over from Beta to the full game (which is how I misread the thread originally), the answer is No. Only special emblem if you play July 26 2:00pm pst stress test time and possibly other small exclusives for simply being part of the beta which will be linked to your gamer tag.

Sorry I didn't think of a way to explain better in the title without a paragraph. Any info like this could be misleading with just a few words to work with :)