Do you think Rockstar will rerelease Vice City and III

I don't think so. Said this to Dirt the other thread but surely wouldn't they just have announced a sort of "best of classic GTA" collection instead of release these games separately, or maybe it might still happen seeing as there's still not been an announcement for this game alone lol. Gotta say Rockstar are handling this quite well. :rolleyes:

Vice city and Vice Stories are the best GTA games ever made....the setting, the characters, the missions and above all the music and radio stations, its a complete package. I still play Vrock and Emotion 98.3 in my playlist. Hell this game made me fall in love with 80's music. With Achievements it would be even more awesome. I really wish that Rockstar does something like Halo master chief edition, bundle all games of GTA into one package. Even a 100$ price tag would be a bargain.

• Like 1

I really hope they decide to bring GTAIII and Vice City over. I never completed III myself...and I've wanted to play Vice City again for awhile now. I picked it up on my Android but...yeah, no. Terrible. Plus with achievements...hell yeah.

I only played Liberty City Stories, not Vice City Stories in regards to those games...on PSP, not the PS2 version. It was okay...eh...could have been better I guess. Never did play GTAI or II.

Fairly obvious they did this as it was already on the xbox, neither of the other two were and why release the last one first if so. To do the others would require porting from PC - Xbox, a bigger task than Orig Xbox - 360. Also its the 10 year anniversary for SA, the 10 year anniversaries for the other 2 have passed.

And as much as i love these games and this is still my favourite of them all, i still can't see it selling well even at this price. It's simply in HD, not HD Remake or a Remaster.

Fairly obvious they did this as it was already on the xbox, neither of the other two were and why release the last one first if so. To do the others would require porting from PC - Xbox, a bigger task than Orig Xbox - 360. Also its the 10 year anniversary for SA, the 10 year anniversaries for the other 2 have passed.

And as much as i love these games and this is still my favourite of them all, i still can't see it selling well even at this price. It's simply in HD, not HD Remake or a Remaster.

This version is a port of the mobile version so essentially they could still bring the other games over. But yes, the reason why they re-release SA is probably because it was as an Xbox Original on the marketplace already.

I really hope they decide to bring GTAIII and Vice City over. I never completed III myself...and I've wanted to play Vice City again for awhile now. I picked it up on my Android but...yeah, no. Terrible. Plus with achievements...hell yeah.

I only played Liberty City Stories, not Vice City Stories in regards to those games...on PSP, not the PS2 version. It was okay...eh...could have been better I guess. Never did play GTAI or II.

GTA 3 was pretty good, Ifinished it a few times and I think there were two or three endings?

Played LC stories, I could play that better than VC stories

Also I wouldn't mind if they rereleased the original GTA, II, or London as a twin stick shooter.

Ive been after the original GTAs on PS3/N since I got one, if they were going to release them would have happened already.

From doing some research it seems the biggest problem they would have making it into a digital release was that the audio on the original versions were CDDA and the game was hard programmed to read it straight from CD.

You have this same problem with the PS1 emulators and even making a PSP cISO for ones with custom FW. Ive tried several ways myself and the game works fine but no audio.

I have seen a working PSP version of GTA1 but that was many many moons ago and for CFW. I have not been able to get hold of it though.

Thats regarding a PS1 Originals release on the PS3 obviously.

I dont know much about the original PC DOS/WIN releases but am sure they read the audio from the CD as well.

The closet I came to a perfect PC release was the R* Classic release for GTA 1 & 2 which had audio running from files and was recompiled to run on XP+.

This release seemed to be incompatible with the addons (both Londons) and mods.

The links no longer work and did some searching for it a while back but always ended up with bad links or cracked old copies.

The complete GTA pack on Steam contains both the originals which are not available on the store any more but certain AIO keys will allow you to install them.

I have GTA3/VC/SA/IV/EFLC already and havnt seen a key cheap enough for my tight arse to warrant paying for the full pack again just for the originals.

TLDR: I highly doubt they will spend the time and money on a digital version of the originals. If they were I would assume it would have come to PS3 first as a PS1 Original then possibly the 360 but this would have been a long time ago.

I know the GOG.com forums are full of requests for a fully working, updated version of them and hopefully they will be able to pull it off but I highly doubt we will see a console release.

I beg R*, MS and Sony to prove me wrong though...

But seriously, this is how good it could look:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...