Okay. Fine. You guys convinced me.

So yeah. After lurking around on the Halo forums here, I decided to give the series another try and went and preordered the MCC.

Any advice on how to tackle the whole thing for a complete n00b?

Yes, I played the first one and pieces of others, but I'm not overall familiar with the series as a whole in terms of gameplay tips, techniques, etc.

Not even trying for 100%. Just looking to play and have fun (hopefully) and just enjoy the games (again...hopefully).

And yeah...that LASO stuff (or whatever it's called)...not even going there. Lol.

First of all i just want to say....... Good man!

The Halo community somewhat died shortly after Halo 4, so it's refreshing to have to see people coming back for more. I'm a big fan of the games but won't be attempting the LASO achievements, you have to be pretty Insane to do this. I can't see myself spending hours and hours of frustration going through this on 4 campaigns.. It's all about the multiplayer for me

Best recommendation is to find one other guy and run the whole series in co-op. Don't just move from point A to Point B though. Take your time and explore the levels. Halo has always been about exploring the large regions finding the things hidden in the world. Breaking the laws of the game. Use grenades to jump over structures that are out of your reach, scale cliff walls that will despawn enemies in the maps, if sword flying still works in Halo 2 Anniversary even that is an amazing detail to exploit and explore the world.

Best recommendation is to find one other guy and run the whole series in co-op. Don't just move from point A to Point B though. Take your time and explore the levels. Halo has always been about exploring the large regions finding the things hidden in the world. Breaking the laws of the game. Use grenades to jump over structures that are out of your reach, scale cliff walls that will despawn enemies in the maps, if sword flying still works in Halo 2 Anniversary even that is an amazing detail to exploit and explore the world.

Pretty sure sword-flying got patched, DZ.

I figure it did, but I know 343 is trying to keep the original Halo 2 experience intact and Sword Flying has been a large part of speed running for years. They did say they were remaking the Halo 2 1.1 model, though, so it is likely the case.

And a thought crossed my mind just now. With the shutting down of the Xbox servers years ago, I realized that the Multiplayer Map Pack collection didn't include the final two maps released and I thought I would never be able to play them again. Despite knowing that every map was coming with this game, I completely blocked out the fact that this included those two maps. Happy day!

I figure it did, but I know 343 is trying to keep the original Halo 2 experience intact and Sword Flying has been a large part of speed running for years. They did say they were remaking the Halo 2 1.1 model, though, so it is likely the case.

And a thought crossed my mind just now. With the shutting down of the Xbox servers years ago, I realized that the Multiplayer Map Pack collection didn't include the final two maps released and I thought I would never be able to play them again. Despite knowing that every map was coming with this game, I completely blocked out the fact that this included those two maps. Happy day!

Yeah, I'll miss Sword Flying, to be honest. It made some levels so fun and easy, lol.

Happy day indeed! Plus, we only have two weeks left until launch!

Is it possible to beat Halo 2 without the noob combo? I mean, once you reach the hangar bays on Cairo Station you just go "Fuck that!" :o

Pretty sure Halo 2 on Legendary is nearly impossible without utilizing that sweet, sweet combination of weapons. Damn those hanger bays!!

You know what I've found recently? In Halo 2, dual wielding Plasma Pistols is itself another holy combination of weapons. One charged shots and firing the secondary PP slowly is the same as the standard BR/PP combo.

Nah. :p

For the non-indoctrinated, they'll need the help. Us seasoned vets don't need a Co-Op partner :p

What? Plasma Pistol couldn't kill anything in that game. I remember testing it once in multiplayer. Without a charge shot, it took 43 bolts to kill a player. About a dozen to the shield and the rest to the body.

Now PP/Magnum on the other hand. That was a combo. The only thing you lacked was a scope, but the magnum was accurate enough and still a one-hit kill to the head. Plus there was more ammo than anybody knew what to do with for the M6C.

Last I played Halo 2 was shortly before the server shutdown, and sword flying definitely still worked.

I'll have to find the interview, but I remember Frankie mentioning Sword Canceling/Flying might not work anymore in the H2 Campaign, be it in Classic Mode or Remastered Mode.

What? Plasma Pistol couldn't kill anything in that game. I remember testing it once in multiplayer. Without a charge shot, it took 43 bolts to kill a player. About a dozen to the shield and the rest to the body.

Now PP/Magnum on the other hand. That was a combo. The only thing you lacked was a scope, but the magnum was accurate enough and still a one-hit kill to the head. Plus there was more ammo than anybody knew what to do with for the M6C.

Nah, PP/PP definitely works on Legendary :biglaugh You need to charge one and use the second as a Magnum basically. It's pretty effective if no BR is around.

I don't remember many missions in Halo 2 where the Magnum was present.

Never played a Halo game since the original Halo on Xbox. Even then my it was only a short bit of co op. I'll give both SP and MP a go. Can see the online community being well populated. Don't see me ever getting the 4000g on it, but it will be more for enjoyment than achievement hunting. Looking forward to it.

Nah, PP/PP definitely works on Legendary :biglaugh You need to charge one and use the second as a Magnum basically. It's pretty effective if no BR is around.

Lol that noob combo. We have all done it so i shouldnt be laughing. CANNOT WAIT! Those Jackal snipers will regret the day they used hacks to noscope me all the way across the map. I will make them pay. Thou Shalt Kneel before The Reclaimer! Mwahahahahahaha! I just need to make sure i dont die before the release of MCC. Time to go into Hibernation mode.

Edited by IDarK VorteXX

Lol that noob combo. We have all done it so i shouldnt be laughing. CANNOT WAIT! Those Jackal snipers will regret the day they used hacks to noscope me all the way across the map. I will make them pay. Thou Shalt Kneel before The Reclaimer! Mwahahahahahaha! I just need to make sure i dont die before the release of MCC. Time to go into Hibernation mode.

legendary jackals laugh at such threats. if you got shot by a jackal and lived then they were just toying with their prey.

laso jackals tho.....*shudders