Glorious mini event - in progress

IceKingz

Hey guys. If anyone else is as desperate as me, then you obviously are dying to achieve that glorious achievement. I don't mind chess but honestly, I'm not good at it at all. It's something I play casually and I don't have the time to just sit and learn a whole bunch of tactics.

This topic is to show an 'event' I had planned for attempting to get that achievement. The main reason why I am holding this event is because in order to get the glorious achievement, we are not gonna be successful with 3-5 people. It would be much more efficient with a larger number but it also has to be severely organized.

For this to work, I had a couple things planned out:

1). The event is obviously going to be on a specific day. An easier way to get people all on at the same time for the achievement hunting.

2). The event will be in a bracket kind of set up (I will explain the rules next)

3). I will need a little 'crew' to work with. People who TRULY want the achievement and are willing to help others out even after they have gotten it.

Now for the set up. There will be an achievement collecter (hunter, agent, you choose a clever name) He is the one who wins no matter what. He will continually search for 30 second hour glass matches in classic chess and will choose the highest ranked people. To figure out who that person is, you will have to continually update on the forums here to find out who that guy is. Otherwise if someone else joins, let the higher ranked person win. This will keep a bunch of high ranked players with easy points to give to the collecter. The lower levels will quickly rise once it is there turn and they start beating people in the 900's or higher.

One thing, this IS ONLY a test. I am not scheduling an official idea yet. I would love for this to work but I need to confirm with hopefully a mod or two so we can help promote this and gather more people. If anyone could help out or make some suggestions, please go ahead and post.

It is a good concept, but I am not sure if you would get enough participation to make it worthwhile. Not exactly a popular game. :)

If there is some interest, I can see about getting some publicity for it on the site, but I would definitely need to see that people are looking. You can boost the achievement with just three players, I know several who did that, or send messages to people on the leaderboards to see if they can help out with a quick couple of games.

Is it really possible with just three people? I figured with the ranking system the differences in score would be way to far apart to get up to 1200. If it is still possible then I will give that a shot. And ya that was my big worry was that this game is not popular at all but thanks for responding to the post. :)

• 6 months later...

count me in! in like 3 game types i have 1 win, and 800 elo, so im decent i guess, and i dont really care bout my stats after i get the achievement as well..

EDIT: obviously if u are still trying, i see the dates are sort of old..

Edited by XLKxxNinjaIXIX

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...