Official Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

I hate the tower defense as well. I got better at it, but it still sucks. My parachutes disappear every time a mission ends. The things that pisses me off the most is the broken banks. Its impossible to earn money since you can only earn money if you just set your controller down for an hour and wait. Go watch tv or something. If you start playing missions then the 20 minute wait resets again. I also dislike how the treasure maps don`t show all the treasures on the maps. Did everyone also notice that you can`t lock on to people from far away anyone more. That pisses me off.

One thing I miss was whole improving your city from AC2. I liked seeing that seeing that the money I spent improved the city. Brotherhood did it a bit as well. I wish they had expanded on it somehow. Maybe have a 2nd way in to an area to complete a quests that you have to buy/upgrade. Sometimes you could also find some armour or weapon to help you out. Unlock a secret underground tunnel to get to a different area faster.

Edited by AmyGrrl

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was just me but yea too much has changed for what?

I mean the past two AC games killed and then on this one it seems like they said "lets make ezio really old and get rid of those glyphs and change the background colors of everything, and lets put a stupid idiot on the island with you, hey let's make it like inception with dreamy weird islands and stuff" and now treasure chests are elevated, it's just a lot of little stuff thats off that adds up to alot thats wrong, it feels like they handed it off to another studio honestly, i'm trying really hard to like this game but they makin it hard, i've really been dissapointed with every game out so far this season except batman

I hate the tower defense as well. I got better at it, but it still sucks. My parachutes disappear every time a mission ends. The things that pisses me off the most is the broken banks. Its impossible to earn money since you can only earn money if you just set your controller down for an hour and wait. Go watch tv or something. If you start playing missions then the 20 minute wait resets again. I also dislike how the treasure maps don`t show all the treasures on the maps. Did everyone also notice that you can`t lock on to people from far away anyone more. That pisses me off.

One thing I miss was whole improving your city from AC2. I liked seeing that seeing that the money I spent improved the city. Brotherhood did it a bit as well. I wish they had expanded on it somehow. Maybe have a 2nd way in to an area to complete a quests that you have to buy/upgrade. Sometimes you could also find some armour or weapon to help you out. Unlock a secret underground tunnel to get to a different area faster.

I agree with all of this. They fucked up the lock on in some way. It doesn't work as well as it should.

I also miss the horses.:(

ac2 is probably one of my top favourite games. i still use italian as main language even though it doesn't suit this new game.

what i hate about this game

1. why do they have to make many, many places so fking dark!! most time I fail its because I can't fking see anything!!!

2. I hate the old altair, and old Ezio. I know it helps shape the story but sad to see sometimes Ezio gets injured and even't cant climb/jump.. They are supposed to be really badass!!

3. The story didn't match up to its name Revelations. Nothing is really revealed. please don't haste to make the next game next year, it will seriously break the user group like me who are so fond of the universe.

4. The game puzzles are not challenging enough. I beat the game in a few hours (and again, if i die mostly because it's too damn dark) and don't really feel satisfied both in skill and story sides.

and I almost stuck at the final puzzle until I realize how ridiculously easy it is meant to be.

I was planning to sweep the rest achievements once I did the story part.. now I think I will take a rest first..

this is my most disappointing game of this year. AC2 was a massive improvement and brotherhood was not the same scale of a improvement but had some nice new ideas. But this game feels like a cheap cash in (so glad I rented it)

The Tower defence is boring, there are loads of this type of games and we don't need another and much crappier one

The desmond levels are fucking crap! if they were Mirror's edge style then it would fit into the game fine but its some shitty 1st person platformer which really shit controls

The problem is AC games are now yearly titles and I don't think less than 12 months is enough to make a game as good as AC2 (the quality jump I mentioned before)

I like the hook blade and zip lines (the only decent new features) not bothered about bombs

Its a bit buggy (even after the patch) the scripting breaks. I hate now in the mode where you send off your Team, you never get 100% control. You 1st have to take control from templars then do missions to get assassin control. It feels like padding

Glad its a rental as I can pop it back in the post when i want. But I'm worried about AC3 after this game

I hate that fuking part with horse carriage chase with the trailer bad guy.

Dirtbag manages to kill me off alot during the chase.

That part is easy. The first wagon you kill off. The 2nd wagon you avoid avoid avoid. You can take the small path to the left of the rocks. When the path narrows in the the middle. Wait until your close to try and take it.

Worst AC so far.

I am somewhere in Sequence 3 and the story is rather boring. Missing explanations, broken mechanics (you would think they fix it after 3 games).

Restarting from checkpoint doesnt reset the optional mission target, etc...

Also a minute ago my game froze near the end of den defense (which i dislike :p)

€:

The first Altair sequence had lots of bugs. Disappearing templars, red dots on the map without any templars. Templars standing around and getting hit without reaction. Templar falling through buildings. When i jumped off one of the last huts, i got a message (mid air) saying that my health is low - died at impact...

One last thing: Whose idea was it to implement Minecraft into AC? (Desmond sequence)

Edited by Gor1lla

The really had to add "Deathmatch" to Multi-Player? If you wanna play an FPS, go play your Call of Fuckin Duty and get out of my Assassin's Creed. This is a stealth game, not a sprint around the roof tops game. These people are, once again, ruining Multi-Player. They don't win, they just make it annoying to play. Go run-n-gun somewhere else. //End Rant

Just beat the game, and started free roam. I assumed that guards on the ground wouldn't attack me out right anymore -- I know they were starting to right in Sequence 8 for previous actions. I still have the bomb missions to do and some other achievements. I know in past AC games on free roam, it pretty much went back to normal. It's going to be a pain in the ass to avoid guards the whole time on the ground.

First off, I am a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and felt that this was a decent game overall; however, some flaws cannot be forgiven so easily.

The stagecoach missions were absolutely terrible, equal parts bullshit and frustration. The fact that one of these missions occurred within the first ten minutes of gameplay elevated the frustration to a point where I wanted very much to throw the controller through the television (which I actually did during the final Templar fight in AC- fucking ridiculous).

The Desmond Memories made me want to stick a pencil through my eye and into my brain and then swirl it around. Like some kind of unholy union between Portal and some kind of first-person Tetris, these sequences were just so goddamn bad that I cannot find the appropriate words to express my disappointment in them.

The multiplayer perks/abilities are absolutely unbalanced, especially when doing team artifact. This game mode needs to be started from scratch or they need to change abilities being able to be used.

Example: I knife a guy and go in to stun him...he kills me after being knifed.

This should be fixed.

Example 2: A trap goes off, I go for the kill and get stunned. Or I go for the stun and get killed.

If stunned, they should not be able to do anything for a few seconds even if I'm facing their front

Example 3: Every time I go to a base, I get tripwired and stunned

In this mode, it should not be available.

Example 4. I wait at my base and no one is even playing the game right. They all want to just defend and kill. The team that defends has players getting 4500 plus

These guys might as well be boosting

Example 5: I see a guy stun a team mate. I go to kill him, and it will not let me. He easily crosses back over the line where I cannot kill anyone

Is this just a glitch or is that guy free to do whatever he wants for a few seconds?

Example 6: 0-0 means both teams get in first. Except when I played, I grabbed the artifact 7 times. The other team grabbed the artifact 0. They didn't even cross their line. That should default to who actually tried.

Auto win for team with most taken artifacts

Seriously every time I go to kill someone, I get contested. Every time I go to stun someone, I get killed. I might just suck but seriously most the time I am the player who has the total advantage. It's a frustrating multiplayer. It's def one of those games where a higher level has way better perks and they have no "ranked" matches so you always play against higher players.

Anyone else getting annoyed with this one? Brotherhood was much better.

Also the point system in general. I normally get a couple hundred points if I am lucky for a kill. I go in to grab an artifact and the :bbut: will show up to stun a guy. He'll kill me and get over 1000 points for that one kill. Why? I knew he was an enemy. I had the option to stun him. He wasn't hiding or using anything special.

Edited by Tyger7

I love ctf modes like artifact assult, but the people just seem to be "playing it wrong", as you said. Most people don't see a reason to run across the line to grab the flag when chances are they will be killed and get no points instead of guarding their flag and getting kills. The problem could be easily remedied by raisng the points for a cap, maybe 800 or 1000.

As for the traps in the zone, it should either be not allowed or limit it to one in the entire area. I usuallly go in careful on my first grab and if i don't have any resistance in the zone I go more aggressive later. But if I'm constantly getting hit by tripwires no matter if I go in closest to the line or the backside it is just becoming rediculous.

With the problem of not being able to killl/stun because the game doesn't give the option, i have the same problem from time to time. Not really sure what causes it, but it can be frustrating, especially when you outplay them and everything.

While some of those concerns are a little legit, I feel like if your strategy isn't working, then change it up. If I'm on a team of Run 'n Gunners, then I have to run more than I usually would to try and get a few kills worth more than the 100 points they get per kill. I hate that they still get points for being idiotic roof-runners that just run here and there, but that's part of the game. You have to remember, that they can't please everyone, and as much as it may suck, you'll probably just have to get use to it. Otherwise, you'll spend most of your MP time frustrated that the game isn't working the way you want it to. Brotherhood had some issues as well, but if you played that, then AC:R has improved in so many ways, but it still has some minor flaws.

I'm not trying to be a sarcastic jerk, there are plenty out there doing it for me. But, you do have to remember that the game plays a certain way. If something happens that doesn't go your way, then oh well, try again. Psychologically, we'll remember all the things that go wrong to support our belief that the game "isn't fair"--not you specifically of course--and we'll forget the events that go against that belief.

All this to say, and I don't mean this in a rude way at all, just saying something that someone was kind enough to tell me: Get used to it, they won't patch it, but enjoy the game, because it's really great!

The Desmond Memories made me want to stick a pencil through my eye and into my brain and then swirl it around. Like some kind of unholy union between Portal and some kind of first-person Tetris, these sequences were just so goddamn bad that I cannot find the appropriate words to express my disappointment in them.

This this THIS!

What in the ruddy hell were they thinking?!? I can't even... right now I'm on the second Desmond sequence and I am just STUNNED with how horrid this is.

Remember Assassin's Creed One? It is utterly mind boggling how much this series has fallen from the original premise, it's like Ubisoft won't be happy until they've made every single one of their core properties completely unrecognizable.

I haven't tried MP yet (I'm not really a fan of multi-player in most games anyway), but what little I've played of the story so far is.... okay. Nothing in the story has grabbed me by the balls and told me to "hold on" yet like all the other AC games. It's not horrible or anything, just kinda disappointing (re: boring) so far. Also, the gameplay feels very sluggish (this may be a result of playing Batman: AC everyday since launch, but still..). I understand Ezio is much older now, but jeebus, "fast walk" seems pointless since he hardly moves any faster, plus you run the risk of accidentally pickpocketing someone, which apparently pisses off everyone in a 100 yard radius. I haven't tried the Desmond sequences yet, and from what I keep reading about them, I'm dreading them without even knowing exactly what they're like.

I was (key word) REALLY looking forward to this game but now that it's out I'm pretty disappointed with it so far. I really hope the story gets more interesting and involved

ive only done the 1st Desmond memory so far and it was atrociously boring and completely pointless. kinda feel like getting all the Data fragments and then just get all of them out of the way.

All right, then I guess I'll open the party: This game has the FASTEST fun-to-frustration time I've ever seen. I started up the game, had fun for all of 10 minutes, and now I'm stuck on a frustrating, unbeatable, unskippable chariot-race sequence. Running over rocks decreases your health. The entire left side of the track is covered in rocks. I'm on the left side of the track. I'm not going to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it'll take nothing less than a completely random glitch to get through this alive. And in the meantime, I'm dying, and dying, and dying AGAIN, and then dying SOME MORE, and most definitely NOT having fun.

Seriously, did they do ANY playtesting on this POS at all? Did it NEVER occur to them that putting a mandatory frustrate-a-minute sequence right at the start of the game might be a BAD IDEA? Heck, it'd be a downright terrible idea to put this in ANYWHERE, but if it was later, I'd at least have some sort of investment in the game. Instead, I'm seriously considering expelling the game from my machine and going back to playing Forza 4 instead.

yeah that starting level was a complete pain. after the chariot business, you are super hurt and cant run or climb until you get medicine. :mad: anyway it took a bit but its doable.

Edited by shinobigarth