Still can't get an "A ranking? Here's what you're doing wrong!

TheMollywhopper

Shadow,

It's been a long time since I've done the Aspharr missions so I can't help you there, but I just did the special mission last night. The best advice I found comes from No 1 Richy over at trueachievements.com :

I'd add that the Deadly Armband seems to be a static drop. When you start the level you're at the south. There's 4 sub-areas, 2 left and 2 right. I found it in the northern left hand sub-area. After that it was a short (but stressful) fight and I got my A on the first success.

When you first reach the King of Night area there's a TON of enemies in the area. Clear them out and you should be left with one ally who won't die. Let him tank the king and move in to Seraph when he's on the ground.

My stats for Aspharr's Castle mission A rank were:

Time: 13:48

Kills: 754

Standard: 709

Orb: 115

Orbs Obtained: 7942

Combo: 1585

Guard Survival: 55%

Successful Missions: 4

Bonuses: 1700

Not sure if that helps, but best of luck. :)

With the stats for Aspharr's mission, did you go down the long path near the beginning of the stage? I ask because I can never seem to get more then 450 kills, yet you got 300 more then that. I was curious how you did that,

and thanks for the help on the king of night.

Edited by shadowrowin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the stats for Aspharr's mission, did you go down the long path near the beginning of the stage? I ask because I can never seem to get more then 450 kills, yet you got 300 more then that. I was curious how you did that,

and thanks for the help on the king of night.

I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll check it out tonight when I get off work and let you know. I think 700 kills is going through the entire map and killing everything I could find.

Edit: Looking at the map I think I remember how I did it. I took two sets of Infantry in as backup and as soon as the stage starts tell them to stand down. Then turn around and hightail it North until you get to the very end of that path. Don't kill *anything* on the way.

Once you get to the end of the path, guard and wait for everyone to gather up then let loose. Fight your way back to your original starting point and hang a right so you're heading to the West area. Clear out the archers and everyone in there and then work your way East. Once you clear East, head to the objective that advances the mission and start progressing through those.

You should have a fairly easy fight on your hands now that all of the extra guys are dead. Once you finish out the mission, you should have right around 700 kills (in theory).

Edited by VenomousDingo

Ok I gt a on first try I killed about 16 people on the way to the boss gt the band then I killed evry 1 around the boss wile att him it took me 6min I think to kill him and all the people around him and I gt a for that

Good luck on getting it

Edited by SGT J1ngles
Pradictive text

• 1 month later...
WTF. I have done this damn mission 4 times now and still can't get an A rank on the fricken mission. I killed every single thing I could find on the map. I did it quick. I even managed to build up and orb spark and i still can't get the rank. HOW DO I DO IT?
Did you try the methods posted in here:

http://www.x360a.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8468

I used the one in post 2 and got an A no problem. Also, search around this forum some more, there's other strategies posted in other threads too.

good lord thank you for this. i tried getting a on this mission around 15 times. i almost played skeet with this game:woop:

Here are my stats for the "Castle of Varrvazzarr" A-Ranking

Time: 23:27

Kills: 703

Standard: 640

Orb Spark: 63

Orbs Obtained: 6393

Max Combo: 5022

Guard Survival Rate: 39%

Successful Missions: 4

Bonuses: 1700

What i did was:

(1)choose all archers start tell guards to stay and kill the goblin archers near

(2)Go directly East all the way to get 3 chests

(3)Go north up the winding road but DO NOT KILL ANYONE:eek:

(4)Run all the way to the end of this road without killing any enemies and get the three chests there (1 is double orb value everytime for me)

(5)Equip default weapon and any itms (cursed choker worked well for me) that will take away from your attack

(6)Keep swinging non-stop until you get 5000+ combo :uzi: (re-equip attacking items and updated weapon)

(7)If there are a sufficient number of enemies left, use red bar orb attack to finish them off

(8)Proceed back to the main battle and kill all non-named enemies first and then Ppakk the Third, but try to get the blue bar up and keep it

(9)Once the orc captain appears, use orb spark... then defeat captain:chair

(10)Defeat all enemies with Dwingvatt, and then Dwingvatt

(11) Rejoice:woop:

Congrats you should have an A Ranking:drunk

by the way, make sure to pick up everything, and destroy all the chests

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the difficulty i.e level 5 or level etc affect anything "points-wise" or if that just going to make it easier to kill more if it is on a lower difficulty, Basically my question is does one get bonus "points" for being on a higher difficulty or if one is having troubles should they get killed down to a lower difficulty?

Edited by Fromaginator
Previous question answered elsewhere

• 3 months later...

I finally got 1000/1000 on this game. My last level was the forest for Inphyy. I did a speed run and beat it in 11 minutes flat. I also got a combo of about 1800. My guard survival was 76. All that, and it was still only a "B" at the end.

What finally got me an "A" was a strategy I found on youtube:

1. Kill just enough enemies to fill your orb gauge, then run all over the map and herd all the enemies in one spot (and I really mean everyone). Then do you orb attack and you'll destroy everyone.

2. When you warp up to the Pwuck fight, you should have the blue bar all the way full, so herd all the pwucks in one spot and kill them in one shot.

3. After killing the Pwuck King, you'll teleport to the northwest corner of the map and fight the dark enemies. After killing them, my orb gauge was full again. It will teleport you again. This time herd all the enemies in one spot again, and do your orb attack. If you herded everyone, this should be enough that your blue bar fills up again.

4. Go to the final boss and use your big attack to take out everyone again. Also, with the blue potions I had picked up, I was able to do one last orb attack to polish off the wizards.

5. Dwykfarrio should be the only bad guy left. Beat him and watch the achievement pop up.

just to say, for each of the things needed for a grade, it should save the best ones (i did a speed run and then a long run through and it has the time for the speed run) i don't have the game and have not played for 2 years.

i suggest you do 2 run throughs, 1 speed, 1 killing everything. enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Except for my max combo I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I'm getting really annoyed. I have done what people have said leave guards behind chose only archers and go around and kill lots of people which I have done untill Auto next bit with the frog comes up and using orb attack whenever I have it. I also have equipped a 20% more orbs thingy

Time:20:38

Kills: 1081

Standard Attack:986

Orb spark: 95

orbs obtainted: 8763

Max combo: 716

Guard survival rate: 61%

bonuses:700