Update freezes my XBOX.

Hitchman

As mentioned in another thread, you can use Quick Launch to get at the apps individually until they fix the Fun Labs 'hub'. I just played Avatar Kinect this way.

For those who don't know what I mean, press your Guide Button, press left, then go down to the option 'Quick Launch' and press 'A'.

Once there, go right to Latest Downloads if you've just downloaded Avatar Kinect, and it should be at or near the top of the list. Highlight it and press 'A' to launch it!

If you want to launch the old apps, go all the way right to 'All' under Quick Launch. This may take a while to load if you have bought loads of games off the marketplace. From here, you can scroll to:

Bobble Head

Build A Buddy

Weirdly though, Kinect Me and Googly Eyes don't seem to appear in this list! :confused:

EDIT: Beaten to it - obviously took ages writing this out! :p

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i downloaded fun labs today and found out that after the title update it freezes at the blue sky screen. i was able to play googly eyes and kinect me after deleting the title update (2 out of 6 lab apps solved). i even found out that you can play them online still by only signing into live after you start the app. it will request an update for googly eyes or kinect me specifically and just reset that app so you don't have to go back to the blue screen. to get avatar kinect and sparkler to work it was as simple as launching them from the quick launch. (4 out of 6 minus 240 ms points for sparkler) now people have been saying that you can run bobble head and build a buddy from quick launch as well, but i don't have those games listed. from what i understand you have to run kinect labs while online and it will retrieve them, but the title update now prevents that. so for the people that missed the boat with the bobbles and buddies, my solution would be to copy the files from content/0000000000000000/58480813/00000002 (for bobble head) and content/0000000000000000/58480813/00000002 (for build a buddy). but someone else who already has these games would need to provide the files... any takers?

I just got fun labs to load. all I did was delete the update, go to kinect hub and then clicked on fun labs, installed the update and it worked :woop:, maybe they have patched it or I just got really lucky :p

edit: just finished playing kinect sparkler and when I went to go back to kinect labs from the game it crashed on the blue screen, so I powered off the xbox and went into kinect hub and fun labs crashed again. I then deleted the update and did the same as above and it did not work this time, so I got really lucky 1 time. But I can now just quick launch the other games.

Edited by Brian Kay