The Official "Where is that Kitty" Thread

BelieveITorNOT

Darko posted asking if you could get all the kittens at the end of the game. I just started the game and haven't even begun to look for the kittens. I want to beat it but I want to know if it is easier to go through as i'm playing and find the kittens, or if I should wait til the end. I also turned on the cheats for metropolis invincibility so the city never gets damaged. That way when i'm looking for kittens, I won't be losing the city at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited till I got done and went throught one by one, just keep looking for the kittens. Most of the time the missions will be away from you so they dont affect you, most of the time. Second get the lifting object acheivement in the undeworld thr first trip through so you dont have to go back and play it again to get it. Third use the cheats. Makes it a whole lot easier. Fourth get a wired controller for the 10000 miles. Hope this helps. Remeber these and easy 1000

• 5 months later...

I followed the guide to get the kittens but when I came to spot #37 there was no kitten in the location the guide gave. I tried to save and quit and reload the game but #37 never shows up.

I know that I didn't miss any others because I followed the guide 100%. WHAT DO I DO? Did this happen to anyone else?

I REALLY don't want to go get all 100 again in a new game! UGH!

Please help!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
People keep saying to start over if you don't have 100 kittens after following the guide. But if you start a new game, do you have to finish 100% of the game and all the other mini games for the all mini games achievement and 100% complete?

As Zef and several others have said, NO.

Let me explain.

1. Start a new game.

2. Get all the cats.

3. Receive cat achievement.

4. reload your old save.

5. Receive all the completionist achievements(if you have all the mini games completed on the reloaded save file)

It will give you the achievements, I can confirm it, I just did it tonight.

I started a new game and got the 'Mr. Whiskers'(50) achievement.

After reloading my "old" save I received 'Hero of metropolis'(200) and 'Mr. What's-his-name'(50).

• 3 weeks later...
As Zef and several others have said, NO.

Let me explain.

1. Start a new game.

2. Get all the cats.

3. Receive cat achievement.

4. reload your old save.

5. Receive all the completionist achievements(if you have all the mini games completed on the reloaded save file)

It will give you the achievements, I can confirm it, I just did it tonight.

I started a new game and got the 'Mr. Whiskers'(50) achievement.

After reloading my "old" save I received 'Hero of metropolis'(200) and 'Mr. What's-his-name'(50).

How about if my old save got deleted?, the only ones im missing is find all kittens, mr whats his name, and hero of metropolis. do i need to do the other mini games over again?

• 2 weeks later...

this guide was really,realy helpful. this so much for posting this. i can't stress it enough but for those trying to go for a perfect 1K for this game i reccomend playing the game once just so you get a feel for where all the kittens are lcoated and then play a second time only picking up the kittens so attempting to get them all on the first playthrough is gitched for some reason. highly reccomend this method for those that really like this game,want the 1K achievement and most importantly has patience.

I just want to offer some advice, seeing as after haing to play through twice in a kitten search, I have determined which two were the ones I couldn't find.

First of all, the orange marker for kitten 96 is WRONG, the kitten is further up the road behind three yellow newspaper dispensers. For the correct location look at the old xbox version map, the little kitten symbol has it in the correct place.

Secondly, kitten 100 appears to be on the main street, when in fact it is on the street parallel to the main street, one block north.

I hope this helps, I had similar trouble with The Incredible Hulk. I am not even willing to go searching for the last 8 orbs in Crackdown.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I just want to offer some advice, seeing as after haing to play through twice in a kitten search, I have determined which two were the ones I couldn't find.

First of all, the orange marker for kitten 96 is WRONG, the kitten is further up the road behind three yellow newspaper dispensers. For the correct location look at the old xbox version map, the little kitten symbol has it in the correct place.

Secondly, kitten 100 appears to be on the main street, when in fact it is on the street parallel to the main street, one block north.

I hope this helps, I had similar trouble with The Incredible Hulk. I am not even willing to go searching for the last 8 orbs in Crackdown.

Wow Thank you sooo much!!!

i was spending almost an hour trying to find this one when the friggin map was the one to blame. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I used that comprehensive kitty guide thread that's locked. Just went through them in order at the beginning, and they were all where it said. Had trouble with like the last 10 cause there's like 2,000 skyscrapers in that area, but if you just stick to around the area where the # is marked on the map, and have vibration on, it's just a little bit of time. Trying to match up the map in the picture with your minimap can help as well, but not all of them have the minimap.:uzi::eek:

• 2 weeks later...

This kitty hunt is a nightmare... but I will not stop until I find all of these damned cats... :mad:

I found on another sites better pictures of the Maps and descriptions

http://www.msxbox-world.com/forums/uploads//post-2-1168870723.jpg

16-49: http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittenmap2ul7.jpg

50-85: http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittenmap3ql0.jpg

86-100: http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittenmap4cw6.jpg

The 75 and 76 are somewhat misplaced in the guides, just fly low between until the controller starts to vibrate...

And like Owen has said, number 96 is misplaced too in the maps, the cat is further up in the street, going NE, on a crossroad between 2 mailboxes and 3 yellow newspaper dispensers. And number 100 is in the road further north too, turning left.

Finally got all cats, 3 and a half hours to get them all... \o/

Edited by Born Apophis

• 3 months later...

okay, i woke up early this morning specifically to tackle the kitteh infestation in metropolis and it really wasn't was bad as i was afraid it was going to be...certainly not as bad as hunting down the pigeons in gta4.

anyways, i didn't start this until about 65% through the game, and i was going to wait until the end of the game because of how everyone was saying they kept triggering fight with the generic goons as they searched for the cats....however, i am certain that the best part to do the cat searching is when the little white icon with a red question mark in it pops up (usually above the daily planet) because when that icon is there, there will be NO other icons or random encounters...problem solved. as long as you do not approach the question mark icon, you are free to roam around and find all the cats.

it took me about two hours and i got em all in one easy go using this method.

also, a tip about navigating the map to find the cats....use the road lines on the little map on your HUD to help keep your bearings and get from cat to cat a little bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Kitten #72 is driving me nuts. I've spent several hours flying around the general area AND the entire section of Metropolis it's supposed to be in but no luck. Even reloading my game a few times hasn't made it appear. Has anyone else had problems with this location? Will it eventually show up with enough reloads?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On the map,

Where are the following numbers?

#55 This one is under the blue dot next to #54. Look west, down the street next to some yellow newspaper dispensers still in sight of the Bizzarro statue.

#73 There's a kitten under the #1 green dot, so that's 73.

#84 This is under the #6 Green dot. It's located behind the buildings on the ground.

#92 Partially hidden under the #5 Green dot.

In the game,

Where is kitten #96?

[According to Owen H Brown ---"96 is WRONG, the kitten is further up the road behind three yellow newspaper dispensers."]

I can confirm, #96 is one block NE of the location on the map. It's on the ground behind the newpaper dispensers.

Edited by E vee dub