Funny Glitch. Has this happened to you?

UCB Disco

So I am currently going for the Minimalist achievement, and I recently got the Friction Dampener. As I am moving on, I get to the notorious part where you have no choice but to get the Gold Bars by running through the walls to the next section. The room before there is where I encountered this;

I killed off the enemies in the room, and I jumped up on the crate to the left first. I dropped a grenade and started crawling off of the box, but I didn't get off of the box in time. The grenade goes off, and the screen goes black... except for my character, who is now falling eternally through the entire map.

I was a little shocked, but I thought it was rather funny. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe on a different part of the map?

Only major glitch I got was during the first boss fight, for some reason - possibly because I killed the guy who pops out right when the camera starts to zoom in somehow - the camera became stuck where it zooms in. I could still move and run around, but with the camera messed up I couldn't even get out of the room.

Had an interesting one today... just plowing through trying to get lvl50 I dropped down onto the conveyor belt that normally runs you toward the hot room and didn't move. I was able to run freely on it before even getting the foam. That allowed me to run right and grab one of the foam packs but it didn't give me infinite foam (I'm lvl44). Then I got the black screen/falling glitch and after reloading had my infinite foam but the final nail in the coffin was when I went to get the actual foam pack that it's directing you to, I guess because it saw I already had the foam it locked the door you have to go through to get the foam and shut down production.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did anyone else have a Jason with white and purple (!) hair during the final cut scene? What is that about? :p

I finally beat this game today, (going for 100 percent collected annoyed me almost as much as Assassin's Creed's flags) and this happened to me in the final cutscene as well. Glad it didn't glitch or anything though.

Edited by Mr914

• 2 months later...

Glad to know the hair thing is common, even if a glitch. I also had a problem with the zooming in on the first spider boss after you get the grenades. Given that I had a gold Intertial Element thanks to a previous playthrough, and was doing insurgent/speedrun via the big secret, the 'zoom-in' at the boss was highly annoying; I had to restart the whole game each time.

I just encountered another glitch, related to the missiles. If you know how to sequence break and find missiles in a different area before you normally get them, the cut scene where you normally would get the missiles does not play. Worse, you can NOT collect it, from the looks of things. This could prevent a 100% item collection run if you were going that route. Given that early missiles would allow you to get a lot of items quickly without having to keep retracing your steps, this is kind of a bummer. So be warned.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the white and purple hair glitch too. Looks like putting on the helmet causes his hair (and eyelashs) to lose their textures.

Far more annoyingly, I got a game breaking glitch on the 14% run. No matter where I aim on the last boss, the 3rd rocket refuses to hit it. Looks like I'll have to start it again. Just glad it happened on the quick one and not the 100% one.

• 4 months later...