Achievement Guide and Road Map

THE Mr Fill

This is my first Arcade Achievement Guide, and second Achievement Guide (both for Kinect game, surprisingly), so feedback appreciated. I don't have all of the Achievements yet as I'm nowhere near flexible enough, but I'm working on them...

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3-7/10 (depending on physical fitness, flexibility and size)

-Offline: 11 (190)

-Online: 1 (10)

-Approximate amount of time to 200: 10-20 Hours (depending on physical fitness, flexibility and size)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 in Quick Survival, 1 for each Show (to completion)

-Number of missable achievements: None!

-Glitched achievements: None!

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No known cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No difficulty, but physical flexibility required for "Contortionist"

- Extra equipment required? Kinect + 1 friend with you

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Start off on Quick Survival, you will pass 5 walls and get "Give me five", but keep on going to get a decent score in case several people on your Friends List has put up a decent score, once you fail a wall you'll see if you have to play it again to get "I will survive" (you probably won't have to go far though).

Step 2: Here comes the slog, get a friend who is light or strong (for the 2 player "pick up" type walls) and begin going through the Shows, make sure you play each game as you playing both teams as you want to aim for "Want a rubber ring?", if you fail a Show you have to keep on trying until you pass.

During the shows you will see a LOT of the 2 player walls, so this helps towards the "Contortionist" Achievement.

During one of this step you have "Halfway", "Super dry", "Champion", "Teamwork", "All in the whole", "Want a rubber ring?" and "Working team", possibly "Perfectionist".

Step 3: Once you have done all 10 shows you should have most or all of the Show based Achievements, so it's time to slog through the remaining Achievements, which is basically "Perfectionist", "Contortionist" and "Shining collection".

The first to aim for is "Perfectionist", best to do a show on your own and do the entire show without a strike, even though the description says "Finish a Final Round with no strikes", you have to do the entire show.

Next, keep playing Quick Survival until you think you've seen every wall (no new ones popping up), by this time you should be able to pass every wall it throws at you, keep going into the hundreds as the "rarer" walls turn up very randomly (little square block in the corner and bending backwards with leg or arms and legs out), so just keep going.

Once you've passed several hundred walls in one go in Quick Survival, go back through the Shows with your friend in 2 player on 1 team, again, the rarer walls so up very randomly, but eventually you will pass every wall, once you've done this "Contortionist" and "Shining collection" should pop for you.

Yes, this game is a REAL PAIN, and the walls get HELLISHLY DIFFICULT, I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone who is out of shape, or isn't flexible, unless you want it just for fun, but if you want it for the 200gs, then good luck, don't expect this to be easy, and I do mean 10-20 hours, and it won't be an easy time!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/-q6Zvw==.jpgHalfway 15G

Beat 5 Final Rounds

Finish 5 Shows, clearing the Final Round, these can be solo or against another team, the other team can either win or lose, but you must clear the Final Round

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/UPsAnxs=.jpgSuper Dry 30G

Beat 10 Final Rounds

Finish 10 Shows, clearing the Final Round, these can be solo or against another team, the other team can either win or lose, but you must clear the Final Round

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/+pOWMg==.jpgChampion 10G

Beat 1 Final Round

Finish 1 Show, clearing the Final Round, this can be solo or against another team, the other team can either win or lose, but you must clear the Final Round

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/-05hLA==.jpgPerfectionist 10G

Finish a Final Round with no strikes

Hardest of the "Show" based achievements, you must clear the show while having no strikes (failing a wall), even though the description says just Final Round, it must be the entire show – if you're not flexible then this will be hellish to get

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/UPrgZ4g=.jpgTeamwork 10G

Win 1 show with a teammate

Get a friend to play along with you, you cannot do this yourself with 2 profiles as it requires 2 people to be in the play-space

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/+bSCPA==.jpgAll in the whole 10G

Play a 4-player game

This can be done with 2 people playing both teams, so get a friend and aim for "Teamwork" at the same time as doing this

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/+3NuoQ==.jpgContortionist 40G

Successfully pass all walls in the game at least once

This is HELLISHLY difficult unless you're incredibly flexible, some of the walls need you to be able to bend backwards with holding arms and a leg up

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/UPkhlq4=.jpgWant a rubber ring? 15G

Win 10 shows against a human team

This can be done on your own, just play both teams as single players, make sure that your opponent fails – if you wish to do this quickly just make the second team fail on the first walls

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/+M2DYA==.jpgI will survive 10G

Get ranked in online Leaderboards with a Quick Survival score

Get a higher score in Quick Survival than anyone on your Friends List – this shouldn't be difficult as it looks like not many people are going to buy this game!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/UPjBbj0=.jpgGive me five 5G

Pass 5 walls in Quick Survival mode

This means passing 5 walls with no fails, not that difficult as long as it doesn't throw the hard walls at you to begin with, usually the first Achievement people will get on the game

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/-W9omQ==.jpgShining collection 15G

Obtain all other achievements

As it says in the description!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2006/UPyDfVc=.jpgWorking team 30G

Win every show with a teammate

There are 7 Shows, so you have to finish and win every show with a friend playing with you – make sure your friend is flexible, light or strong, and has a great sense of perseverance! The later shows are ANNOYING, the holes can get difficult as one person has to pick the other up.

I suppose the 2-player achievement and 4 player achievement can be done with 'hanging a sweatshirt over a chair = player 2"-trick? People use this technik in every other kinect game (did Adventures and a couple of other Kinect games this way myself!). Depends on, if the second player actually needs to do something to start and finish the game?

Hey Mr Fill, nice guide so far, how many of these have you managed to get? some of them are tough!!!

For the halfway and super dry achievements you have to do the first five/ten shows respectively, not just repeat the same show over and over, but they can be done in co-op, some of the final rounds vary depending whether you are in solo or co-op, which can help to get the Super Dry cheevo.

I suppose the 2-player achievement and 4 player achievement can be done with 'hanging a sweatshirt over a chair = player 2"-trick? People use this technik in every other kinect game (did Adventures and a couple of other Kinect games this way myself!). Depends on, if the second player actually needs to do something to start and finish the game?

As you have to get into the shape of the hole, unless you can shape yourself, and your sweatshirt, without going too far outside of the holes (which would pretty much be impossible), then you NEED a 2nd person... of course, you just just find a friend ;)

Are you certain that there are "rare" walls in Quick Survival that don't show up on the regular shows.

I played Quick Survival before anything else and I got loads of easy walls. I have since beaten all 10 shows and now Quick Survival seems to be much different, giving me much more difficult walls, but all from the 10 available Shows. I don't think I have seen a single wall in Quick Survival that has not appeared in one of the regular 10 shows.

I was just wondering if you were able to determine otherwise.

I do not mean to call out your guide, I just don't want to pass hundreds of walls in Quick Survival if I don't have to, as I have passed every single wall at one point or other in all single player shows.

Are you certain that there are "rare" walls in Quick Survival that don't show up on the regular shows.

I played Quick Survival before anything else and I got loads of easy walls. I have since beaten all 10 shows and now Quick Survival seems to be much different, giving me much more difficult walls, but all from the 10 available Shows. I don't think I have seen a single wall in Quick Survival that has not appeared in one of the regular 10 shows.

I was just wondering if you were able to determine otherwise.

I do not mean to call out your guide, I just don't want to pass hundreds of walls in Quick Survival if I don't have to, as I have passed every single wall at one point or other in all single player shows.

I've definitely played walls in Quick Survival that haven't been in the shows, but I've still not beaten the final show (I'm not that flexible).

I'm nowhere near the 200 myself as I'm missing a few of the "harder" achievements...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Hole in the Wall Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Hole in the Wall Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

This Roadmap really needs fixed up because the original poster clearly was in too much of a hurry to post it and couldn't be bothered to update it even when other people corrected him and he responded. Some things that need to be added are:

Half-way and Super Dry both require 5 and 10 DIFFERENT shows respectively.

Contortionist requires all single AND co-op holes. You also have to successfully complete the show for any of the holes you pass to save and count towards this.

Contortionist is also not "HELLISHLY" difficult unless you're grossly overweight. In fact, it's not really all that difficult, other than just completing the final round in order for any progress you have made to save. I'm not flexible in the slightest and finished this game. My wife was 6 months pregnant with triplets and we still completed all of the co-op holes for this achievement.

The Shining Collection achievement is glitched or else I and a few other people would have it. There is no one that I have seen that has this achievement legitimately, so it is currently unobtainable.

I'd update that for them if you want this to be your official guide or else it's sort of an embarrassment for such a great site.:)

Edited by Gacys Clown