anyone else excited about this

Im pretty excited too. looked forward to playing this on XBLA for some time. I never played the first game fully either, so im looking forward to that too.

Oddly, I actually bought the original for the megadrive the other day. had the ROM for a long time too. Panic on funkatron is the best platformer ever. I love it.

I'm so glad they didn't do an HD remake of it. I like the first one better than panic on funkotron. I mean, the second one is good but I just remember countless hours playing the first one with my brother, that moved to another state a few years ago so now we get to jam out to toejam & Earl again just like the old days!!

I'm actually still not liking the sequel here, but the first is the kind of classic that i'm sure to just mess around with here or there in between playing games like Halo 4 even once i've gotten the achievements.

I love older games for that very reason - the gameplay's great and simple enough to just pick up and play. No restricting "movie-like" or purely "story-driven/scripted" gameplay. Just pure gameplay (just like Doom and the Sonic games for instance).