Bitching thread

cjdavies

There was no bitching thread because there isn't much wrong with the game. The only complaint I have is that the mission selection is glitched and you can't unlock certain achievements when you replay the levels.

- Shame when behind a wall, he doesn't lean against it, so I know for certain I'm hidden when leaning out.

If you hold down :ybut:, you can lean to the right or left and still be completely hidden.

If you hold down :ybut:, you can lean to the right or left and still be completely hidden.

I'm still mastering and just discovered it's ok to let get of :ybut: while leaning to look up.

I can see this may take 3 playthroughs, as my first playthrough I want to do everything i.e. sidequests and explore and I read you have to kill some sidequests - so that's non-lethal not done.

I want to stealth and try at least be undetected, so I need powers like Blink (upgrade) and Dark Vision - so that's Mostly Flesh and Steel not done. If caught I will run and hide - to keep it low at least, but ruins Ghost.

The way it's going to do 1 playthrough (if lucky!). I'm on mission 3, trying to make way to Dr Galvani's offices, and it's clear, I have Dark Vision - I blink as staying above ground. Then an Assassin comes out of nowhere, then I end thinking "how? Where did you come from? It's on easy!"

I need to get it out my head about the big achievements before I start hating the game with all it's resets. If dectected, kill them.

EDIT I'm calm now, just need to get used to the stealth mechanics after playing Batman and Assassins Creed.

Edited by cjdavies

The assassins are on the roofs / empty apartments mostly . Try sneak behind them and choke/kill them , think theres 3 or so on the mission u are at ,atleast i didn't encounter more there .

Problem solved, I encountered him on the way back but I was behind :)

My no detection failed, so if I was detected I was using my Sleep bolt for no kills, now gutted as I just did The Royal Physician and mission stat said I killed :( and thought I just spent ages on that one (2 hours I think!) replay? No continue and now free to kill :woop:

• 4 weeks later...

Like others have said, this game could have used a better replay option in case people messed up, but I didn't need a replay feature. There's no mini-map probably to get you more immersed in the world and to motivate you to get powers! Isn't there a power where you can see enemies through walls? I saw a video with something like that being used, but I don't know its name since I just did my clean hands/mostly flesh and steel/ghost/etc. playthrough.

I'm excited to be able to kill stuff now! But I had 190G before finishing the game then it jumped up to 560G just from all the end game achievements if you go through the game the right way.

Can I just say that the Flooded District is my least favourite level in the game? I can get through it no problem but I genuinely do not have any fun while going through it. The assassins are super annoying and trying to get through for Clean Hands is really hard when they FALL OFF OF THE BUILDINGS WHEN YOU USE SLEEP DARTS ON THEM. River Krusts are also the WORST THING EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

The stealth in this game is a bit unforgiving. It's way too easy to get detected and there's no real way to shut down alert modes unless you kill the aggroed enemies. I cannot even imagine how frustrating it will be to play through this without buying any powers or enhancements. Otherwise this game is great.

• 2 months later...

Great game but you can look at it as either crappy achievements that force you to play the ENTIRE game a certain way or a terrible lvl select, collectibles tracker etc

It would make way more sense to either be able to replay levels and get ghost and no kills and collectibles or not have collectibles and have stealth achievements be related to levels e.g finish a level without killing any one / alerting a guard etc

I really wanted to play through game first just for fun but knowing I'm going to have to do 2 more guide assisted play throughs I may just stop playing the game full stop.

• 2 weeks later...

A bitching thread where all the complaints focus on how folks don't understand how to play the game? What a shame. If you're going to bitch, don't bitch about the stuff that makes the game great, like the lack of hand-holding and emphasis on actual stealth as opposed to being an unstoppable swordsman. Bitch about something that's actually worth bitching about.

Like the Dunwall City Trials. God, those suck. I rest my case.

• 3 weeks later...
The stealth in this game is a bit unforgiving. It's way too easy to get detected and there's no real way to shut down alert modes unless you kill the aggroed enemies. I cannot even imagine how frustrating it will be to play through this without buying any powers or enhancements. Otherwise this game is great.

I say the stealth is just right, and you can always save & reload to tackle a difficult situation. Compared to Thief, there really aren't a lot of tough spots that require a high level of stealth or tactics.

Perhaps you're just not used to stealth games, not that the game itself is broken.

• 1 month later...

During the start of the last mission I was doing the lights out achievement and did four of the ones near the start of the mission....having already knocked four guys out and stashed them out of sight I got hold of the 5th guy and took him back.........

Well as I throw him down I notice one of the guards looked like he had been eaten by rats while the others where still sleeping......So to check it is not a bug I reload to a save I had made before and he was still there in that condition.....I reload to another save and this time he looked normal but he was not making the sleeping sound and did not have the knocked out tag.....

So as I was also doing the clean hand achievement at the same time I had to reload right back to the start of the mission and do it all again......This time I am going to try and keep an eye on him.........