Anyone Disappointed?

Eggnogga

PLEASE do not flame me!! haha. I got home from work all excited to finally get to play and I mustered through the first two missions with Franklin before I had to turn it off. The game, while I'm obviously VERY early into it, is very frustrating. The driving is irritating and I've already lost count of the amount of times people just pull out right in front of me while I'm chasing someone.

I also noticed that getting the Gold for missions is going to be tricky, because if you fail at a part and restart at a checkpoint, you lose all progress you had prior to that. The only option is to load your story save, and then load up the mission again, which takes a pretty decent time.

I think once the game opens up I'll enjoy it more. Does anyone else feel slightly disappointed thus far with the game? Or am I just an idiot? :p

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave this forum now.

Nah. :p As much as I'm crazy about this game, I do kind of agree with you about the driving. I'm getting into it now about 5hrs in but the races aren't even fun anymore thanks to how easily they turn and with Franklin's ability it's a joke. I don't think the gold requirements are that bad though, just like with TBoGT on IV you can work on certain requirements over multiple runs of a mission. Figuring out some of them is the annoying part. If you're after the achievement, you only need to gold about 2/3's of all missions.

Play the game more, you'll start to fall in love..or not lol.

Edited by Barad

What BAR4D said about getting Gold on the missions is true. Once you get the hang of it it's not THAT bad. And there are some "missions" that are extremely simple and can be done in less than 2 minutes.

And you don't have to reload any saves or something. You can replay any story or side mission via the in-game menu so the only bad thing about it are the loading times. Yet they are not as nearly as bad as in GTA 4 :woop:

Well, I appreciate you guys for not ripping my head off. :) I'm definitely going to press on, and it's good to hear you don't need to Gold every mission, because that would be a royal pain in the ass. I think I was getting frustrated by the first mission -- I beat the guy in the race, I didn't hit any aliens, and I swear I hit LS&RS for his special and let the meter run all the way down, but it didn't give me the :07 thing. I was confused by that.

No worries, and glad you agree about the driving. I have noticed the motorbikes on this game are an absolute beast though. So smooth and fast.

Maybe we'll see a future patch (doubt it), but one can hope. Maybe we REALLY need to max out the driving skill for each character before it gets better? Idk. I look forward to the motorbikes though, they seem fun!

You saved my life with this info.

OT: I'm not disappointed, but the driving in this game isn't as fun/good as in IV.

Really? You're one of the few i've encountered with that opinion on the driving haha.

I'm not disappointed, i only just last month finished GTA IV to 100%, so i think playing this game, with it being so much more lively, active etc, i'm enjoying it a lot more, as IV, whilst i did enjoy it, felt like a drag at times, was very repetitive and albeit dull/colourless. The only thing i do find a bit of a pain is waiting out the police search times, but even then after more countless hours, its something i'm managing to get better at losing.

Really? You're one of the few i've encountered with that opinion on the driving haha.

I'm not disappointed, i only just last month finished GTA IV to 100%, so i think playing this game, with it being so much more lively, active etc, i'm enjoying it a lot more, as IV, whilst i did enjoy it, felt like a drag at times, was very repetitive and albeit dull/colourless. The only thing i do find a bit of a pain is waiting out the police search times, but even then after more countless hours, its something i'm managing to get better at losing.

Being in the minority rules!

Leave this forum now.

Nah. :p As much as I'm crazy about this game, I do kind of agree with you about the driving. I'm getting into it now about 5hrs in but the races aren't even fun anymore thanks to how easily they turn and with Franklin's ability it's a joke. I don't think the gold requirements are that bad though, just like with TBoGT on IV you can work on certain requirements over multiple runs of a mission. Figuring out some of them is the annoying part. If you're after the achievement, you only need to gold about 2/3's of all missions.

Play the game more, you'll start to fall in love..or not lol.

Are the races not fun because they are hard or because they are really, really easy?

Are the races not fun because they are hard or because they are really, really easy?

They're too easy. The cars handle too easy. The first race you do as Franklin..I got into a 4x4 (the older ones) as there was nothing around nearby and beat the other racers that were all in tuners by a 1/4 mile.

The driving sucks ass. Possibly the worst I have seen in a game, the damn screen turns towards where ever the person your following is. So I cant see fucking anything if I have to take a detour due to my poor driving in the first place.

That only happens if you're focused on them by pressing :bbut: !

I've never been a fan of GTA, but decided to buy it anyways. I've only played it for about 3 hours, so it's hard to judge so far. The driving feels like Defiance. You can control the cars very easily. I noticed a lot of pop up stuff in the background during the first few missions, but they seem to be getting better. I'm really looking forward to online multiplayer, but I'm also afraid it will become very boring fast.

the driving is my only issue, i actually chose to just walk around instead once i finally finished the opening tutorial with Franklin. considering he's already almost maxed out in driving stat, im assuming it wont get any better.

fun facts, you can override the "slo mo" thing by just pulling up your stats or weapon/radio wheel, it slows down just the same and you can keep it up for as long as you want.

Edited by eiVaL