Rootin' Tootin' Lootin'

Chucky1028

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading earlier pages:

Resort - Bunker #2: 1) right next to fast travel on the ground. 2) in other room with a ladder, one free crate and one lockpick. 3) take the manhole portal to find another free crate guarded by a Suicider.

Mowen's Boat - 1) straight ahead, little to the right among the some other stuff/junk. 2) to the left of the boat, behind what looks like a small restroom building with the fast travel. Lockpick one is somewhere too, but meh, doesn't matter.

Jungle - River Village: There is one if you find a way into one of the houses via the rooftop, but it's kind of out of the way. This one does always seem to have a firearm in it, or it did for me anyway, so could be worth a look if you're interested in that. Other two crates are lockpick ones in the room behind fast travel.

Jungle - Overpass Camp: When you spawn, run straight down the stairs and into the building ahead with the vendor, two free crates are in that room with him towards the back.

Ideally, you can just alternate between the 3 places (not including River Village since lockpick isn't a factor) and just farm that way. You could even just go back and forth between the Camp and Boat if you want, since they're the easiest to grab, but up to you.

thx dude. I will try it tonight.

From reading earlier pages:

Resort - Bunker #2: 1) right next to fast travel on the ground. 2) in other room with a ladder, one free crate and one lockpick. 3) take the manhole portal to find another free crate guarded by a Suicider.

Mowen's Boat - 1) straight ahead, little to the right among the some other stuff/junk. 2) to the left of the boat, behind what looks like a small restroom building with the fast travel. Lockpick one is somewhere too, but meh, doesn't matter.

Jungle - River Village: There is one if you find a way into one of the houses via the rooftop, but it's kind of out of the way. This one does always seem to have a firearm in it, or it did for me anyway, so could be worth a look if you're interested in that. Other two crates are lockpick ones in the room behind fast travel.

Jungle - Overpass Camp: When you spawn, run straight down the stairs and into the building ahead with the vendor, two free crates are in that room with him towards the back.

Ideally, you can just alternate between the 3 places (not including River Village since lockpick isn't a factor) and just farm that way. You could even just go back and forth between the Camp and Boat if you want, since they're the easiest to grab, but up to you.

thx dude. I will try it tonight.

To correct/add to his list...

Resort Bunker #2: one next to you when you fast travel, two up the ladder in the adjoining room, one in the room after traveling through the manhole, and additionally one more outside and on top of this bunker if you want to run outside and climb up the ladder

River Village: there are two in the door right next to the fast travel map (not sure what chests he was talking about, but these are extremely easy to get to)

Overpass Camp: two behind the vendor directly across from you

Mowen's Boat: run in the building to your right and go up the steps for one chest, directly across from where you start when you fast travel is another (in with all the boxes and canoes or whatever), and then a third is behind the shack with the fast travel map

These are the 4 places I use. Good luck.

To correct/add to his list...

Resort Bunker #2: one next to you when you fast travel, two up the ladder in the adjoining room, one in the room after traveling through the manhole, and additionally one more outside and on top of this bunker if you want to run outside and climb up the ladder

River Village: there are two in the door right next to the fast travel map (not sure what chests he was talking about, but these are extremely easy to get to)

Overpass Camp: two behind the vendor directly across from you

Mowen's Boat: run in the building to your right and go up the steps for one chest, directly across from where you start when you fast travel is another (in with all the boxes and canoes or whatever), and then a third is behind the shack with the fast travel map

These are the 4 places I use. Good luck.

The goal, to me, is to quickly open chests to see if you're lucky and move on to the next as soon as you can, which I why I didn't bother recommending the ones that were sort of "out of the way". If you go to the boat, you can grab those two very quickly then go to the Camp and grab those two just as quickly, then rinse and repeat.

He also said that he didn't have any lockpick skills, so expanding on the locked ones didn't really matter in this case. And in River Village, I mentioned the two locked ones and there's also one in the house where _______'s wife is, with the ladder leading to the roof, can't remember the guy's name at all lol. But it's a little run and a ladder to get there, so may not be worth it, again, unless you were hoping to find a decent firearm randomly.

If you're specifically going for this achievement, you're doing it wrong.. just play and level up and pop everything along the way. I found all 5 in act one on the resort on my first play through. About 26 hours total, I went everywhere and did every resort side quest..

I only got lockpick up to level 2. I think I found one of the 5 in a locked chest. One was from a random walker, one from a thug, other two from luggage.

Just pop everything as you play, farming a handful of specific chests is probably the worst way you could do it IMO...

Have to disagree, I farmed the Bunker Resort #2, River Village, Warehouse and City Tunnel ( 2x Thugs, 3 chests, plus good XP ) farming route. I got my 5 exceptional weapons across all those areas, the container in the Warehouse gave me one as well. Rinse and repeat plus leveling up in the process.

If you're specifically going for this achievement, you're doing it wrong.. just play and level up and pop everything along the way. I found all 5 in act one on the resort on my first play through. About 26 hours total, I went everywhere and did every resort side quest..

I only got lockpick up to level 2. I think I found one of the 5 in a locked chest. One was from a random walker, one from a thug, other two from luggage.

Just pop everything as you play, farming a handful of specific chests is probably the worst way you could do it IMO...

What if you have every other achievement except that one? :) That's where I'm at, and I did almost every single side quest and looted everything. And I still had only 2/5. I got 1 more out of fast traveling to locations to loot. This achievement really is luck.

As long as you can do it quickly and easily and are killing stuff along the way to keep it fun, then that's still a good way of doing it. If you're just popping like 4 specific boxes and praying, it will get frustrating and boring fast. Personally I would guess the best area to farm anything is by the hotel, tons of luggage, 3-4 thugs, around 10 infected, etc.. the two thugs holding hands outside the entrance are a great source of XP and items. If I were to farm any one area, it'd probably be there.

and Tiger, I guess it could be just bad luck, maybe I had crazy good luck finding all 5 so quickly. Actually, since my 5th, I've played about 10 more hours and haven't found any more. Then again, I have barely been back to the resort, where I found all 5. Maybe start a new/low lvl character and farm the area real close to the lifeguard tower? I have no reliable data to back that up rather than I found 4 of my 5 very very close to there and at a low (under 20) level.

Edited by systematic1

It is boring just farming, but if it's something that doesn't require much "attention", I can do other things while I farm. During the time I did farm, I just did some internet browsing (reading a bit on some forums *hint hint*) while the loading screens were up. You can just open chests as you play through the game, but it's still just the luck of the draw. The more chests you open, the more chances that you have to come across one. Going through the game would be more interesting and less monotonous, but if this is truly all that you have left, I say it's best to increase your chances and get it over with rather than having to play through the game yet another time and still maybe come up empty. Then again, I would do loot farming on games like Borderlands too, so I guess that's why it didn't bother me all that much. :confused:

Edited by NocturneManiac

working on my 3rd playthrough as logan, lvl 27 in act 3 (first two with xian, lvl50). i only have 1/5 orange weapons.. and ive opened everything i came across. i have logan's scavenger skill maxed hoping that will help.. i really dont want to start one as purna to see if her jackpot skill is any better... im so bored of this game searching for the last 4 weapons

EDIT:

second time playing as logan, lvl 37. this is my 4th time through the game. fucking, bored. i am up to 3/5 now and my last two pickups were from playing co-op. ive tried 2 hours of solo fast forwarding locations opening boxes with no rare pick ups at all. i seem to get one pickup per new game i play and all of my pickups so far have been in crates at overpass.

Edited by Divine Infekt