DLC Weapons For Insanity

Eggnogga

I've been clearing off the backlog of 360 games, and I'm coming back to Mass Effect 3. I've already beaten the game, gotten through Mars on Insanity and then shelved it. (I only need 4 more achievements)

I noticed I purchased all of the DLC, including the weapon packs. To anyone that has purchased these, is there a need-to-have gun in one of these packs? I know a lot of people recommend the particle beam due to it not needing ammo. I was just curious what other's thoughts were. Thanks.

P.S. It's probably been at least 2 years since I actually played the campaign, so it'll be difficult to remember which parts were tricky and which ones weren't. =/

Guest Scotty

I personally wouldn't bother with the particel beam. Fair enough, ammo isn't gonna be an issue with it, but it's weak. I used, and always use, in ME2 as well, the Vindicator Assault rifle. Sometimes, i'd switch it out for the Mattock(I think that's what it's called) if i fancied a change, but IMO, the Vindicator is far and away the best weapon in the game.

I personally don't care about cool down for powers, so i'd throw a shotgun in there, the Claymore if possible, and a solid Sniper Rifle, one of the two Widows are suffice, or if you don't have them the starting Sniper is quite powerful (M97?? Could be wrong on that, it's been a while). Then for ammo's sake, i'd take a powerful pistol too, just incase you run out with your Assault rifle.

Oh, and on the difficult parts, i'd agree with TheDarkOne on Thessia... sheesh. That, if i remember was the hardest part for me. The final battle area can be diffuclt too, but i don't think i died once during that part, it just can be tough if you're unprepared. Most of the rest of the game is pretty unremarkable in terms of difficulty though. It doesn't even compare to how hard some of ME2 was. :p

Edited by Scotty

The Venom shotgun is quite powerful with better range than the claymore if u want that instead. I agree with either widow for certain situations. The executioner pistol is a viable option. The Valkryie assault rifle is viable alternative to the particle rifle.

Alright, well, according to the 'Unwavering' achievement tile, I've done 14/27 missions thus far. I've died a handful of times, but it's mostly from one-hit kill type stuff, or getting flanked in the N7 Cerberus missions. Thus far it's been extremely manageable.

I've kind of answered my own question as well. I'm level 60, so my weapons are all up to Level X -- I've opted for the Krysae Sniper Rifle and the Cerberus Harrier (Assault) from the Rebellion Pack. The Sniper Rifle is extremely OP. Like I mentioned, no mission has been overly frustrating, I just need to remember to keep Adrenaline Rush going.

Edit -- 23/27 missions done now. Just got done with Thessia, and I don't think I died once. :) Having said that, Rannoch was a pain in the ass near the end with the 3 Geth Primes. Really, the only missions I still have are Horizon, Cerberus HQ & Earth.

Edit/Edit -- 25/27 done. I died about 3 or 4 times in the first 30 seconds of that Kei Leng fight. I was getting frustrated. Next time I tried I was just concentrating on the enemies and all of a sudden, I get a cut scene. I'm not complaining... just weird. So, now all I have is that final mission.

Edit/Edit/Edit -- Done! So, I don't think I died once on the very end which is supposed to be the most brutal. However, the part with the banshee and never-ending Cannibals where you are supposed to run for the shuttle... holy shit... I must have died 10-15 times there. I'd use the Cain on the Banshee, so it was only cannibals left, but my weapons were crap against them. Oh well, glad it's done.

Edited by Eggnogga