[Spoilers] The ending!

Dark Link IV

So what do you think?

I choose to kill the woman, I was so confused though.

My speculations is that that woman is within the ink, the curse that makes you mad. Something the scrolls trough the game sheds a light on. In the end everyone with the ink dies. That is your fate.

Save the clan by sacrificing yourself.

Epic ending! An ending you don't even see in some $60 retail games.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, she is just in his imagination, a hallucination made real by the ink.

That was proved to me in the first level when a guard shone his torch directly at her, lit her up like a christmas tree, then said there was no there. Her clothing is even the same color as the ink. Ha!

In new game + I intend to kill her this time... :)

EDIT: Meaning kill myself. Lol.

Edited by Polygon Pirate

Having just finished it (and going back and doing the last level again, therefore seeing both endings), I'm disappointed in the "Give in to the Ink" ending more so than the suicide ending. The way I see it, since Sensei Ininja dies (or so I think, the ending is a whole lot of mystery, and not seeing the Sensei guy during the suicide ending made me suspicious, both endings don't do very much.

As a side note, the ninja's inner self is pretty good looking.

• 3 weeks later...

The narrative was the game's biggest disappointment for me. My stomach lurched when the story of the ink was infodumped early on. After that I mostly stopped caring and got on with the fun parts of real ultimate power, flipping out and killing people. After this the Narrative was quite insignificant, staying politely out of the way and showing up for the most part in thankfully skippable non-interactive segments. Then it suddenly comes back kicking and screaming in the very last level getting completely all up in your face being obnoxious and refusing to go the hell away.

The "choice" at the end was the weakest part. Neither were appropriate conclusions. They both come across as half done. A third ending (chose both) would have been far more fitting.

Actually, a fourth ending where you chose neither would have had some potentially fascinating consequences as well.

• 1 month later...