Funny Glitches/Stories

NightReflection

So ive played a few other games and 9/10 create a thread when something glitchy or funny happens to me and i ask for people to share their stories with me.

Today is no different!!

After Sleeping Dogs was left sitting on my shelf since its release, i thought that during the X-Mas holidays whilst i had some time off, id crack through some of my unplayed games (and by heck i have a fair few of them!)

I have heard rave reviews about Sleeping Dogs and that it was voted underrated game of the year (whether it was or not im not sure) however that swayed me to play it.

It does seem a bit glitchy but some of the funniest i have had are:

1) After leaving your first run down apartment, theres a moped directly across the forecourt, seeing it i dived on it and hightailed off. Went back to the apartment about 5 mins after, slept, and upon waking up went downstairs, there was a guy crouched there with a tire iron attempting to fix a bike that wasn't there!!

2) I nabbed a taxi, got straight out and beat up the driver, an ambulance came, paramedics came out and attempted to recover the taxi driver, obviously the impatient drivers behind the ambulance couldn't wait any longer and decided to put their foot down, running over the taxi driver mid

resuscitation, i turned around to see where the car came from then turned back to see both paramedics stood there and the ambulance had vanished!

Pure LOL (actually LOL not just written!)

So come on share your glitchy stories!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was doing a random side mission where a lady was having car troubles on the side of the road. The cutscene just had her talking and asking for help and immediately when the game cut back into in-game a large truck comes out of nowhere and plows into the lady and her car. Killing her and making me fail the mission. I wish i was able to record it because words can't do it justice. It was just perfect timing and completely unexpected.

• 4 weeks later...
In the middle of a mission, I went to grapple a guy & we both went soaring into the air--

to which I fell to my death. lmao.

I was like "wtf?"

Haha, the same more or less happened to me. I went to jump up the 'grappler' enemies and use an elbow strike on them, when the action happened i went flying into the air and fell back down to my death.

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs in about a month, so I'm not sure if this particular hole has been patched yet or not. If you run and jump at oncoming double-decker streetcars in Central, you will pop right out the back of them, unharmed. I tried this about 30 times over the course of about 3 days, so it did not seem like a one-time event. Not sure how or if this could be used to anyone's advantage, but a little quirk in an otherwise excellent game.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally like glitches cause their funny but the one I had wasn't. Doing one of the sewer drug busts (one that was with a gun) and after killing so many enemies spawn behind u and enter the sewer. Well these enemies were red on the map but invisible, all you could see was then gun when it was fired. Fair to say I'm lucky I didn't die and a good job I sprayed bullets everywhere

• 1 month later...

I had a guy in the trunk of my car and drove it into the water, bailing before it went over the edge(he made fun of my clothes!). Apparently the guy unintentionally bailed too, he was floating in fetal position at about waist level over the sidewalk! He was still wiggling and everything, but I could walk right through him. It was pretty awesome haha

I can think of one or two to add that happened to me today actually...

1) While fighting a group of thugs in an alleyway, I did that move where you roll over the opponents back to confuse them, then pressed A which somehow caused my character to spring roughly 5 feet in the air. Luckily I was unharmed though I do want to try and trigger this glitch again sometime just to play around with it. Really reminds me of that awesome steel box glitch in Soleanna New City from Sonic 06 where Sonic can ride a box like a magic carpet just by merely kicking it.

Anyway...

2) This happened to me earlier, I was just driving casually around central (near the K-bar), I drove a little recklessly while trying to get to my destination and dodge traffic, I drove directly into a lampost which somehow wedged in between my car, the pavement and the car behind me and then flung me 7 feet in the air like a catapult.

Amazingly the car was barely scratched (though two upper class women were crushed to death for trying to cushion my fall.)

3) After completing the final case where --spoilers-- you have to rescue the 4 prostitutes from the gang hideout, as soon as the mission was over, the girls thanked me for saving them and went on their way, only one of the girls (the red head with the fishnet stockings and boots) was startled by the previous gunfire and stuck in a glitch where she was trying to walk away like the others but could not keep her eyes off of me.

So she was basically walking backwards with her body completely twisting around everytime she tries to walk in another direction, and she would not go more than several meters away from me.

Basically it was like her legs were trying to walk away but her body just wanted to follow me around.

She eventually vanished off camera though when I became more interested in pushing two seemingly 'innocent' guys in the water for dealing drugs out in the open.

I thought it would be fun but they died instantly! Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a moment ago, lead cops to a drug bust and got into the parked car right in front of the dealer(s). Didn't know there was already a guy in the car, which I assume he was supposed to be the passenger and a chase was to be made.

I kicked the driver out, second person got in the car and now after almost 3 minutes, the car has been driving on its own, with my hands on the steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

call the car valet and have him bring you a car, when he get out of the car run away and he will follow, jack a car and drive away and look in the mirror while driving, this guy is like Jason from Friday the 13th no matter how fast I drive he's right there. He won't stop until hi gives you the keys.

I also called him for a car just before going into a gang drug bust, he followed me in, and even punched a few guys before giving me the the keys. And the chicks that give you "massages" after you pay them you can punch them in the face and there will still massage you, but you can only punch them once.