Quick Start Cheevo? WTF?

Really even i had the same feeling but it came in naturally for me. Initially i was tapping the button in a hurry and tensed and failed everytime. I decided to give up on this one and then for every race thereafter pressed RT as normally i would without paying attention to the counter and it worked everytime. Also there is a trick. Start tapping the RT as soon as the camera zooms into ur car. That way by the time the button prompt appears on the screen you would have filled a bar already!

I was glad that the game has some achievement tracking for EAT MY DUST. In the awards menu under "Crests" it has a ticker to give you a reference to how many more perfect quick starts you need. If you are using the turbo cheat, I highly recommend you turn it off. I never knew how far I got until I turned off the cheat. You don't need a turbo controller, but my arm would disagree with this statement. Don't be afraid to take a break.

I've never heard of a 6-year-old that cares about achievements. That's actually kinda sad.

But back on topic...I actually don't think this will be too hard. I got the first quick start on my first try with a second to spare. It's tiring, yes, but definitely doable. Of course, after playing through the helicopter scene in Indigo Prophecy on a 360, I've probably got some kind of crazy cat-like reflexes.

How can they expect 6-8 year olds to get these cheevos? Unless you have a turbo controller, this achievement is unobtainable! Wow, who would have thought this would be the hardest Cheevo to get!

I found this achievement, as well as EAT MY DUST to be very very simple.

I agree it might be difficult for a young kid, but for anyone else.... just press the trigger fast. how hard is that?

No turbo controller needed at all. I easily got the quick start every single time with a bit of time to spare.

• 2 weeks later...
I was glad that the game has some achievement tracking for EAT MY DUST. In the awards menu under "Crests" it has a ticker to give you a reference to how many more perfect quick starts you need. If you are using the turbo cheat, I highly recommend you turn it off. I never knew how far I got until I turned off the cheat. You don't need a turbo controller, but my arm would disagree with this statement. Don't be afraid to take a break.

How do u turn the cheat off?

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to get a quick start but when u go for the 40 quick starts how do u know if u got 1 without keep going to check

Most of the time when you get a perfect start your care has fire at its sides, sort of like when you boost. I found it easiest to take the controller to my chest then rapidly tap with two fingers. I also made sure to get a perfect start at the start of each race so at the end of the game I don't have to grind this out.

• 1 month later...

method I'm currently using - as suggested above turn the pad on its side and put my hand as if I was about to karate chop it sort of action. First pic is the car you are using then it shows 2 others. As that second one just starts to disappear, tense your forearm and it will start to wobble performing a rapid chop motion. Tense it REALLY hard and if you do it early enough its possible to get it right up with about a second to spare. I found putting my hand towards the top of the controller (near the RB button not furthest away was easier as you don't have to fully depress it and let it return for it to register as one hence you don't have to "wobble" such a distance - getting the wobble consistent is as much of it as anything. I'm on 20 so far having started the game last night. Just shows each method is different as poster above uses it right at the end of the trigger. It seems what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another but hope that helps.

• 3 months later...

I haven't got this achievement yet, but I am sitting at about 30 quick starts right now (and I am about 2/3 of the way through the game). I have probably a 80% chance of getting the quick start on any given try, and if I fail I just restart the race. I use Lightning McQueen every time, I tip the controller so the RT is facing up, and I start tapping right as the camera focuses in on Lightning McQueen. As far as button mashing goes I find it kind of tedious, so I only do a set of races (Ex: Clearance level 1), then I take a break, and come back to the game a couple hours later or a day or two later. It saves my fingers, and eases the monotony.

Edited by McDevlin182

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...