Worst RPG you have played on 360?

NrGxNanaki

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the worst RPG. I really can not pin point any except games that are turn based fighting. I find it rather boring and unskillful. I know it that it takes skill for the battles but it is something that never appealed to me.

Bingo...you hit it right there! I fucking hate turn based fighting...yes, Im looking at you, JRPG. Final Fantasy series is the one I most hate of all in the video gaming universe. I just dont like to take a turn and let the enemy attack me as much as they want...don't work that way at all for me, at least. I want to be freely and beat the shit out of them.

Attack

Magic

Defend

Skip

You pick one of these choices, next characters...same thing then enemies attack you rise and repeat...same boring shit then the match is over, you walk around to find something but no, they appears out of nowhere. It get annoying and the battle start. I just dont know how the hell people enjoy that type of games (JRPG).

For example-

Final Fantasy series

Chrono Trigger

Dragon Warrior/Quest series

There is much more.

However, I do have respects for people who do enjoy these games. I just keep it to myself when it come to JRPG...it is something I wanted to vent it here.

You have to understand that I grew up with Legend of Zelda back in NES days and more of into WRPG such as Alpha Protocol, KUF: Circle of Doom, Borderlands (FPS with WRPG Hybrid), Beyond Oasis (Saturn), Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and much more. That is why I like to able to do whatever I want and more of like adventure type game such as LoZ.

• 2 weeks later...
Since everyone here is big into RPG's I can ask everyone a question I have been looking at an RPG called Resonance of Fate. Can anyone tell me more about it, I'd have to end up buying it and just would like to know more about it if anyone can help me out much appreciated.

Resonance of Fate is really good IMO. The story kind of lacks for most people and kind of hard to follow (i liked it), but the battle system is very addictive, and different. Your weapons are Guns. Machine Guns do scratch damage, Hand guns do direct damage. You can customize your guns to have bigger mags, speed, etc. Great character customization when it comes to what they wear. You level up by damaging enemies with your weapons, damage = exp points. Max Level being 300. Very nice soundtrack, atmosphere, one of my favorites on the 360 up there with Tales of Vesperia, and Lost Odyssey.

As for worst RPG on the 360, I can't bring my self to play Infinite Undiscovery, just horrible. And I'll have to give Last Remnant another chance. Also, Enchanted Arms was really good. Not sure why people hate it, the characters are great!

Never played a bad RPG on 360. Of course from my perspective, even a dull RPG beats a Triple A FPS any day. I guess another reason I have never played a bad RPG is I know how to read reviews and stay away from outright garbage.

If you are playing Oblivion simply for the achievements, you are doing it wrong.

Infinte Undiscovery because of the weird button commands to fight. RPG's not supposed to have those.

Final Fantasy XII dissappointed me because it was so linear & so many cutscenes. My friends & I joked on how the NPCs would run ahead then stop before reached a cutscene trigger. "What do you see?" "A cutscene, sir." "Anyway we can go around it?" "Not a chance in hell, sir."

Edited by Motorcycle
wrong game

You make the game sound unending. It's actually way simpler than you think. I play the game every now and then and it's not so bad. I'll definitely finish the game under 70 hours which is substantially less than the amount of time I put in FFXIII or Lost Odyssey. If you have a problem with the volume of work that you have to do in a game then maybe you shouldn't play RPGs.

Seriously I don't think you're getting my meaning. I know the game could be shorter if not going for the full 1k. I also don't mind working at it with rpgs. You think I woud'be logged nearly 370 hours on Star Ocean if I didn't? There's no way you 1k Agarest in 70 hours though, I'm not buying that for a second. Besides even if you could, that's 69 hours too many. It's not the level of work it takes, it's what's happening during said work. Like I said if I hadn't unlocked my first achievement so soon after starting it I would have just erased it from my tag. The game is terrible, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with my work ethic when it comes to RPGs or any other genre for that matter. You can disagree if you like that's you're opinion, but don't act like I have no business playing rpgs just because I absolutely hated this one. I only played it beyond the first 90 minutes because I thought "surely this can't be the whole game, it has to get better than this". Boy, was I ever wrong.

Infinte Undiscovery because of the weird button commands to fight. RPG's not supposed to have those.

Hmm, what do you mean by weird button commands? If you mean slapping the A button or holding it down for like 2 seconds then i'm not sure on what you were pressing, because if i was going to be honest i don't see anything weird by it?

For me it i too Human, it was terrible and boring

I didn't really get into that Half-Minute Hero game. I played a demo and it seemed more annoying that fun in the end. I mean I'm used to time constraints, though not by...30 seconds but rather something like a few hours (Zelda: Majora's Mask, Dead Rising games...)...

It's a tough choice between The Last Remnant and Assassins Creed.

I'll have to say Last Remnant though, because the gameplay was just too horribad. Couldn't choose what you wanna do in battle, cant choose when to use your special move, the entire game has to be grinded correctly or the game just stomps you in the throat and bosses start insta killing you no matter what.... that said, I was really interested in the story, I just couldn't stomach the horrific gameplay.

The reason I didn't say AC for worst was because it felt more like a platformer on rails than an RPG. When I got it I expected it to be like the Prince of Persia games (Especially seeing as ubisoft made both games...) But most of it was automated, semi-automated, or felt like it was automated and that they were like "hey this is on rails" and changed it slightly from the development stage...

Both games I dislike for the gameplay. I liked Remnant's story. Honestly didn't care enough for AC's controls to care about the story, so that part may have been better. I dunno.

Final Fantasy XIII

What a linear bunch of crap, and to think I had really been looking forward to playing it since it was announced.

If you think about it:

The plot was about individuals struggling against a fate that forced them on a path doing things they didn't want to do, but nevertheless had to. So the 'gaming experience' - running pre-set paths from A to B - actually captured that pretty perfectly. :p

• 3 months later...

Two Worlds was so crap. Was glad to finish it. Nothing about that game was good.

Fable 2 was appalling, all the budget for that game seemed to have been spent on voice actors and nothing else.

While Fallout:NV was far from good, I don't think it was that bad apart from most the dlc being poor.

Can't understand the hate for Too Human or Oblivion, but that's opinions of others. Not all of us can like the same games.

My vote:

Enchanted Arms - What a frustratingly scripted, pile of fecal matter. Though it was SO bad for dialogue, voice acting and plot, that it kinda fell into the 'so bad it's good' category.

I would have gone for Final Fantasy XIII based on how linear and dull it was, but I think the story itself was the savior. Though it easily wins 'Biggest Disappointment on Xbox 360'. Oblivion was also mind numbing, but perhaps because I played it after Fallout 3 and it just aged badly?