How to beat "The Behemoth" on Platinum difficulty (Complete guide)

aleksandar2

Warning: There will be a lot of referencing of very familiar terms in this guide. To reduce the controversy of this guide and to make you all believe I'm actually a sane person, 2 very popular terms in this guide will be replace with the words "kiss" and "hug".

Also, please do not read this guide if you are a fan of this game. This guide is intended for people who are bad at driving games(such as myself) , just want the achievement, or have nothing better to read.

Kiss! I can't even begin to describe how kissing happy I am for beating this kissing piece of hug! This stupid piece of hug has been driving me mad ever since I got to it! The game seemed perfectly fine until I got to this race. Sure there were hard moments, but never in all my gaming history has there been a kissing harder moment than beating "The Behemoth" on Platinum, not even kissing Battletoads were as hard as this hug!

You may have noticed from my upper paragraph that I am not particularly fond of this race nor this game. If you are a racing game enthusiast than I'd like to say: You rock! and would like to I apologize to you and ask you to stop reading this now seeing how our potential friendship could be sabotaged by my views of this kissing piece of hug!

Anyway, I would like to start by saying that I did not buy this game! I got it as a bundle copy with my Xbox 360. Now I'm not really surprised that this was a bundle copy seeing how all my expectations and fondness of this game were ruined by a single race! There were times when I wished I could buy a plane ticket to Nurburgring, go to the very same Behemoth track (if it exists) and hug all over it! I would probably get a restraining order or even face a heavy fee but it would so be worth it.

The main problem of this game, NO, NOT GAME, this track is that, it doesn't realize that the only creatures that play it are humans! And as we all know, HUMANS MAKE KISSING MISTAKES!

So someone please explain something to me...

What on earth were those kissing game designers thinking when they made a 7 minute long mountain track race, with toxic waste around the track, (yeah not grass but toxic waste, it may look like grass but it’s in fact toxic waste) that eats tires and makes them spin a million degrees around, almost impossible turns and completely godlike AI! In fact godlike isn't the right word, the AI drive as If they were gods of gods of gods of driving!

If you are still reading this than I am guessing you probably feel similar to the way as I feel now as I'm writing this. I'd like to give you a hug (not one of the "hugs" I was writing about above :p ) and to tell you that you aren't alone and that this piece of hug (back on that one) is possible.

First the facts:

The first two AI Ferraris are cheating. Yup, they are laughing their kissing buts off as you desperately struggle to get to at least second place.

You see, they signed a deal with the game designers to bless their cars with tunings that would balance out their cars despite them probably being the 2 worst cars to choose for such a race just so they can drive any innocent player that tries to beat this race mad. The designers blessed them with an ultimate grip, tires that can go right through grass, I'm sorry not grass, TOXIC waste that would normally make any car lose control and immunity to all crashes. If they crash and fall behind not only won't they slow down, but they will be right behind if not in front of the car that's first!

But for such a blessing there is a price to pay, for you see, if they should ever lose to a human player, they shall be smashed, hugged on, kissed by an elephant, repaired and had the same things done to them over and over and over again for all time (In my head that scene has been playing ever since I finished first Mmmmmm.... ).

The guide:

This is my opinion but is probably the best choice for you seeing how you are more than likely stuck at this part and don't know how to pass it which is proven by the fact that you are reading this (or maybe you are just reading this for hugs and giggles in which case "good for you" since you don't have to endure any of this hug).

Chose a car! Not a bike, a car! Here's why: The AI play dirty, they will knock you out on the first chance they get, and you will never catch up to them seeing how bikes can only go so fast! Bikes would have actually been great on this track if it weren't for the cars and the tight road, and for some reason they completely lose control when they touch the grass... TOXIC WASTE not grass, why do I keep forgetting?!

I tried the Ferrari F50GT first, seeing how the AI was so good at it, unfortunately I didn't make the deal with the game designer for a perfect car, so obviously I crashed every time I made it till the second corner. Don't choose this car! It makes a 360 degrees turn every time you touch the grass and can lose control just as easily on the road!

A slightly better car for this race is the RUF Supercar. I have read a few guides and a lot of people have recommended it and I can see why! This car is perfect for those hard turns and corners. Unfortunately again, once it hits some grass it loses control, not as easily as F50GT, but enough to cost you the race.

I banged my head against the wall over which car I should pick!

I mean, no matter which car I chose, I'm gonna make a mistake or two on the 7 minute long track...

But then I chose CLK GTR Super Sport! This car was like a gift from god!

It was the only car, for me at least, that could ride right through, the grass... TOXIC WASTE... and not lose that much control nor speed! The first time I chose it I made it to first place easily simply because I cut through some corners over some toxic areas and finished almost half the race.

Just like me, you have to find your perfect car for this race. To do this, analyse the mistakes that you make as you race through the track. See what your biggest handicap is. If you aren't bothered by the toxic waste area then the RUF supercar might be best for you. If you can avoid other cars than you may even chose a bike. My biggest handicap was the gra.. TOXIC area that made me lose control with every car except CLK GTR Super Sport!

Unfortunately, having found the perfect car for this race won't help you finish first!

I know you might have heard this before on some other forums, but you DO have to learn the kissing track by heart. I didn't even want to believe that it was a necessity at first but after almost a hundred runs through this track I have learned it by heart.

There are quite a few dangerous areas, where you will need to break hard, and you need to learn each and every one of them if you hope to every win one day...

A lot of forums have stated to make a custom race with no AI on the Behemoth so you can practice on it, but I never did, I mastered and beat this race hands-on, but if it will make you feel more confident go right ahead and practice on a custom race.

Once you have learned the track and have selected a perfect car you will shift, it's lottery time! Yup, lottery time! Most people never win the lottery but when there are only 8 people playing (including you) you are bound to win at least once.

What I am trying to say is, that you will need some luck for this! No matter how much skill you have, the AI can kiss you up just like that if they feel like it. For some reason, I was never able to turn an AI car over with that police car maneuver (probably because of their pack with the kissing game designers) but the AI loves doing that to you. I can't tell you how many times have I been the victim of a police stunt.

Also I wouldn't recommend driving dirty. Remember the deal the two ferraris made about being immune to crashes? It's true! They are immune to crashes. Slam a Ferrari against a wall, he will crash but be 3 feet behind you in a second. If a Ferrari crashes you on the other hand, you are more or less kissed and will have to restart the race... AGAIN!!!! Only do it if you absolutely have no choice!

I wouldn't recommend drifting either, unless you really know how to do it, which I don't obviously!

If you try like 50 times in one playing and still can't get it, turn off your Xbox, wait till nightfall, go to sleep, have a good night sleep, and the next day when you turn it back on you will be 20 % better at it, I Guarantee.

Sleeping does wonders for gaming :D .

Follow these rules and you will succeed. YES, YOU WILL SUCCEED!

How do I know you will succeed? Well, for starters, you have read this far, and more importantly if a stupid kissing hug-head like myself could have done this than why wouldn't you be able to?

My god, what have I written up there!?

I'll probably be laughing about it tomorrow.

Anyway, I really felt that I should express all my emotions about this one track that ruined a perfectly good game for me( Yes, this game is actually pretty good, despite it's insane track) and help all poor unfortunate souls such as myself who got stuck at this race!

Good luck to everyone and Thank you for reading

and you don't need to leave a comment about it

I know that I'm a kissing hug-head :D

• 3 weeks later...

After beating All arcade events for the platinum medal and unlocking all achievement for it, I thought that there would be no way to get all Platinum Plus events, so I kinda stopped playing for a while.

After a month or so, I picked it up and tried to get a Medal in Platinum Plus, and to my surprise I got all of them with half the effort I put into Arcade events on Platinum :D.

Seriously guys, don't let that plus scare you, it's just a symbol :D

Anyway, I'd like to present a guide simply because I kinda like writing about my gaming experience.

Like I said before, these races just seem hard at first but with just a little bit of practice you too can beat them, it's waaaaaay easier than Behemoth.

STREET RACE A CLASS:

A lot of people complain how hard this race is hard and to be honest yes it is hard if you play it with automatic gear shifting. So screw automatic and SWITCH TO MANUAL. "Oh, but I can't drive with manual gear and it looks difficult". That's what I thought too, until I drove a few laps and learned how. Seriously guys, it's not that big of a deal, and besides, what else are you gonna do with your right thumb :p. Manual gear makes this race so much easier I laughed of joy. While I was trying to do this on automatic it took me a good lap to get to third place, but after switching to manual gear I overtook the first car during the third turn. So just practice a bit and you will laugh just like I did over how easy this race can really be.

I drove through the corners in 3rd gear and only went to 4th and 5th when there was a straight line, also at the very beginning if you time your gear shifts correctly you can even bypass one car before the first corner. YES MANUAL GEAR IS THAT GREAT.

SUPERSTAR:

This one was actually the hardest one for me, mainly because it seemed impossible after a few runs. I can tell you in detail what I did, but that would just confuse you just like all those other written guides confused me. I also don't recommend following that YouTube guide where the guy gets like 120 stars because that's just him bragging.

What you should do is, drive as fast as you can and get kudos stars as you turn. Don't try to earn stars during straights, because you need the speed here. Just try to get 5 stars on most turns, the ones that you can maneuver the easiest. After each lap, you should have about 25 stars. Don't try to get more unless they just pop naturally ;) cos that just might cost you the race. I finished this with 101 stars and had about 3 seconds left. Learn the track well first, and then star getting stars. Also, if you are unable to get 5 stars during a single drift but instead earn just 3 and are thinking of whether or not you should do a quick hand-break drift, heed my advice, don't do it unless it's during the last lap, just keep driving.

TIMED RUN:

Ok this one seems really easy but it can be really frustrating, because all it takes is a single wrong move to cost you the race. Anyway, don't drift because it's easy to lose control but if you are a drifting expert unlike myself you may want to try and drift through the last corner before the end of the lap. I once did that by accident and had 3 seconds extra. Also break with the LT only during those harder corners and on the easier ones just let go of the RT and slide through them. Other guides state that you shouldn't have a time of more than 54 sec after the first lap and I have to agree with that. Just practice this one a bit and you should get it easily. It's frustrating but still easy.

SPEED CHALLENGE:

I really have nothing useful to say for this one other than just follow every other guide and the youtube video because they are more or less perfect.

MANUAL FOR LIFE AND WHEELIES BEFORE EVERY SPEED MARKER and you are home free.

STREET RACE E CLASS:

This one is just mean but you can easily outsmart it. You are driving the slowest car in the bunch but with slightly better brakes. Other cars are fast as lightning but need to break quite early in order to make the turns. STAY IN AUTOMATIC for this one. I tried it with manual but it only gave me a headache. During the first jump, all cars will slow down so try to overtake as many as you can ( I think you can get up till 5th here ) and on the first turn you can overtake 2 of them, It doesn't really matter how many you overtake during these turns but what does is how you overtake them during the 3 turns where your car barely needs to break. There are 3 turns in this race where other cars slow down a bit while you can just slide by them and pass them in full speed. these turns are the 3rd, 4th and 6th turn. If by the time you pass the 6th turn you aren't first or at least really close to the first car you might as well restart the race because the cars in front of you have a long straight line after that and will more than likely leave you way behind. So overtake the first car during the 3 easy turns and stay at first place. Once you beat a lap you will have to drive through the long straight line again. This is where the other cars will try to bypass you. You can prevent this by using the camera (clicking on the right analog ) and standing right in front of them so they either bump you but even if you don't you still have another lap of those 3 holy corners which are more than enough to bypass everyone.

To put this simply, as soon as you get to 1st place you are more or less the winner. The first time I got to 1st place I won the race just like that.

Hope you found my guide helpful and good luck to you.

Also if you want the online achievements for this game, find a group of 8 people fast because the servers will be shut down really soon...

• 5 months later...