Weapon Making

StompingFreak

Ripper is crap. Forget it.

The most powerful custom weapon I've found is a Chain Gun/Force Gun combination. The upper tool is a Telemetry Spike with a Diffraction Torus tip. The lower tool is a Plasma Core with the default tip. This weapon is great because the Chain Gun has a huge clip and does decent damage with great stopping power and the Force Gun knocks back and stuns anything that gets close to you. If you add the Ammo Box attachment, you get one instant reload when the clip is empty, effectively doubling the already huge clip.

Edited by vSully

I'm currently playing with a line gun/forcegun combo with ammo support and ammo box.

Forcegun on anything that gets close (especially the fast feeder necros) ...and blow the limbs off of anything that's slower or farther away.

Second gun is a military rail accelerator / rocket launcher combo.. With a safety guard and stasis coating.

Both guns have mk V attachments and 3/3 circuits (clip/dmg for the forcegun and rail accelerator, rof/dmg for the linegun and finally reload/clip for the rocket launcher).

I'm hearing good things about the marauder dlc tip ... Might upgrade the second gun with that.

The only redeeming feature of the ripper is ammo conservation... And I don't know about you, but I have never once ran out of clips in this game.

It's a cool concept, but it lacks power.

Edited by Eleriel

Ripper is crap. Forget it.

The most powerful custom weapon I've found is a Chain Gun/Force Gun combination. The upper tool is a Telemetry Spike with a Diffraction Torus tip. The lower tool is a Plasma Core with the default tip. This weapon is great because the Chain Gun has a huge clip and does decent damage with great stopping power and the Force Gun knocks back and stuns anything that gets close to you. If you add the Ammo Box attachment, you get one instant reload when the clip is empty, effectively doubling the already huge clip.

This. Beyond having a ridiculous clip (which can push over 130 rounds with Mk 5 parts and +3 circuits), it can be speced for pretty fast reloads and rate of fire. The force gun will stop a charge attack of most enemies, which sets them up for further destruction by the chain gun. Also will impart a DOT effect if you have one equipped. I like to mix mine up with an acid bath or a flame glaze for that little extra oomph. Because who doesn't like burninating necromorphs?

Mk-V Supercharged Bullpup Rifle w/ a Mk-V Supercharged Rocket Launcher. Equipped with a Mk-V Safety Guard and Mk-V Statis Coating.

Parts Needed:

Mk-V Heavy Supercharged Frame

Upper Tool - Military Tip

Upper Tip - Mk-V Rail Accelerator

Lower Tool - Survey Charge

Lower Tip - Mk-V Directed Suspension Field

Upper Attachment - Mk-V Safety Guard

Lower Attachment - Mk-V Stasis Coating

Upper Circuits: All +2 Damage - +2 Clip

Lower Circuits: All +2 Rate of Fire - +2 Clip

This setup will get you a 50 round clip for the rifle, as well as 3 rounds for the launcher. More than enough to kill anything that moves. Even on later levels on impossible difficulty. And yeah. It's not as much as a chain gun. But it's essentially a fully automatic sniper rifle. Whereas the chain gun spits rounds all over the place. And while the launcher may not have as many rounds per clip, it doesn't just knock enemies back, ala force gun. It kills everything it touches.

And for a ridiculously overpowered secondary I use a: Mk-V Supercharged Plasma Repeater. Both upper and lower.

Mk-V Compact Supercharged Frame

Upper & Lower Tool - Plasma Core

Upper & Lower Tip - Mk-V Compact Directed Ejection Field

Upper Attachment - Whatever. Mk-V adds to your clip, though.

Lower Attachment - Again, doesn't matter.

Not sure of what I used for the circuit setup. But whatever I used had both upper and lower at 30 rounds per clip. Maxed clip and rate of fire. Incredible damage.

Both of these weapons basically allowed me to walk through every difficulty in the game with no resistance whatsoever.

Add me on Xbox Live and I'll share the blueprints. XBLGT = The Winter King

EDIT: As far as the marauder goes... I really can't recommend it. Sure, it's pwerful. But it has a fixed reload speed. Which takes WAAAAY too long in my opinion. It's useful on classic mode. But I haven't touched it since.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

I actually never made a weapon, immediately dismantled one after getting the craft a weapon achievement. I stuck to the good old Plasma Cutter, max damage output upgraded.

I guess I'm a bit too attached to it, as I relied on it to complete DS & DS2 on their respective hardest difficulties.

I actually never made a weapon, immediately dismantled one after getting the craft a weapon achievement. I stuck to the good old Plasma Cutter, max damage output upgraded.

I guess I'm a bit too attached to it, as I relied on it to complete DS & DS2 on their respective hardest difficulties.

I was exactly like this too until 3/4 through the game, then I started experimenting, and it's quite clear the game has changed :)