Update News

Well 4J are calling the first pack a Mash-Up Pack, which changes not only the look of the game, but the sound and music too. So maybe thats why all players must have what the host is using. Its like a whole new game 4J says. lol

nah all thats changed by the pcs resource packs to and theyre still completely local

I'm presuming that the desert wells would be/are similar to temples.

The rare drops won't be so rare though I don't think. The reason for this is they haven't introduced any new items. (referring to zombie - can drop many things, rarest being carrot/potato/iron). Carrot and potato we don't have :mad:. Hurry up an give me carrot, I like night vision potion.

desert wells arent the temples sorry, theyre just small wells made of sandstone in deserts

as for the rare drops theyll be iron on zombies and some iron weapons/armour and bows from skeletons... thats what they were on pc before the new stuff

Edited by RDrules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fear of biome change updates

a new update with a biome change could be a total disaster and make me not want to play minecraft ever again. because of biome changes your world can get messed up. my world started off normal, desert biomes, a tiny snow biome, grassland, plains, whatever. then an update came along and changed half of my map to snow, ruining most of my creations, blocking off all patch areas which ive built etc. so i rarely played minecraft. another update came which then changed every biome to ocean or mushroom. everywhere on my map is a horrible green, really bright green or a discusting green. and it also rains in every spot on my map, even places which used to be desert biomes. im really hoping 4j would find a way to reverse this, or stop it from happening. if load up my world when the update comes out to find out there is a tradgic biome change, i will quit minecraft until the next update :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

a little dissapointed with this. well, not as excited for it as i thought i would be why has it taken so long just for this. the only thing that amazes me with this is jungle biomes and world height increase. where are jungle temples? where are sand temples? where are the 3 new sand blocks? (or 2?) im still looking forward to the update. but unhappy to see the things ive mentioned not in the update.

but hopefully this means the next next update (bug fix will be the next one :p) will be EPICLY AWESOME. im picturing plant pots, wither skeletons, wither, desert temples, jungle temples, sandstone blocks, hoppers, droppers, anvils, name tags, quartz, bats, witches, swamp huts. then the next next update after that maybe horses, carpet and hardened clay. but thats probably going to be 6 months away from now

While not extremely annoying I'm not a fan of the decision to force people to use the same texture pack just because the host has it, just seems really strange to me and not needed.

i like it. ill want people to see my world the same way i see it and not in a different way. and the trials will be free, so everyone can download them. and texture packs / mash-up packs shouldnt take up too much room either. so theres no problem :p

This makes it far easier jumping between PC and Xbox because it sucked forgetting what was and wasn't in the 360 edition. I already have started making alterations ready for corner and upside down stairs.

YES!

ill do the same. ive made a few roofs with stairs and stuff, but now i need to replace the full blocks with stairs to make corner stairs! and with the increased build height im ready to extend the height of my towers! which will final give me something to do, as ive been a bit bored lately.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

the fear of biome change updates

a new update with a biome change could be a total disaster and make me not want to play minecraft ever again. because of biome changes your world can get messed up. my world started off normal, desert biomes, a tiny snow biome, grassland, plains, whatever. then an update came along and changed half of my map to snow, ruining most of my creations, blocking off all patch areas which ive built etc. so i rarely played minecraft. another update came which then changed every biome to ocean or mushroom. everywhere on my map is a horrible green, really bright green or a discusting green. and it also rains in every spot on my map, even places which used to be desert biomes. im really hoping 4j would find a way to reverse this, or stop it from happening. if load up my world when the update comes out to find out there is a tradgic biome change, i will quit minecraft until the next update :p

Fortunately I don't remember that happening when Jungles were introduced, that happened before because the biome changes were completely redone.

In any case, BRING ON THE UPDATE. :p

a little dissapointed with this. well, not as excited for it as i thought i would be why has it taken so long just for this. the only thing that amazes me with this is jungle biomes and world height increase. where are jungle temples? where are sand temples? where are the 3 new sand blocks? (or 2?) im still looking forward to the update. but unhappy to see the things ive mentioned not in the update.

but hopefully this means the next next update (bug fix will be the next one :p) will be EPICLY AWESOME. im picturing plant pots, wither skeletons, wither, desert temples, jungle temples, sandstone blocks, hoppers, droppers, anvils, name tags, quartz, bats, witches, swamp huts. then the next next update after that maybe horses, carpet and hardened clay. but thats probably going to be 6 months away from now

while i get the worries earlier in the post this really annoys me when people start going on about where the stuff that came later is, the games not going to catch up to the PC version, we we're told that really early on and this is never going to stop, as soon as they get the next up date it will be "wheres the new biomes" and so on until they scrap this version to make you rebuy it on the new console

I can tell you now that i wouldnt even expect the hoppers in the next update after this one because even though they have brought some things forward the major parts of the update is still along the lines of what happened on pc and theyre still a year behind, in the order the pcs came in and the path theyre working down we still need the villager update before the wither and then the redstone

like i said somewhere a while back in this thread what they have brought forward is just the minor parts of the updates where the major ones have stayed in the same order, this time is no exception theyve brought forward small things like the upside down stairs but the major part of 1.3 is the trading mechanics

they may skip more next time because of the PC update being largely to do with alot of things that the xbox will never have but theyre not just going to jump a years worth of work into one update

Fortunately I don't remember that happening when Jungles were introduced, that happened before because the biome changes were completely redone.

In any case, BRING ON THE UPDATE. :p

there was quite a lot of problems initially with them, snow was completely removed from al worlds for a while, it caused the game to meltdown on older computers due to massive spikes in the resources it required, ghost entities appeared all over the place, worlds generated with sheer drops all over, you couldnt look up for a while on it because it crashed everything, there were quite a lot of problems, ended up with 5 patches even after all the snapshots that came before it.

the world generation was also completely redone for this because they switched to anvil to get the new world height

Edited by RDrules

while i get the worries earlier in the post this really annoys me when people start going on about where the stuff that came later is, the games not going to catch up to the PC version, we we're told that really early on and this is never going to stop, as soon as they get the next up date it will be "wheres the new biomes" and so on until they scrap this version to make you rebuy it on the new console

well yes.

im not expecting the xbox 360 edition to ever catch up to the pc version. the temples were brought in 1 update after 1.2, which i think is the version 360 will be getting very soon. but we dont even get new sandstone blocks. i mean, im not that bothered, but end stone came way before the end even existed. and we are getting mob heads for wither skeletons which dont exist yet. i just want more blocks to build different stuff :p

i mean. it cant be that hard to make new blocks? just slap the block texture on this:

http://minecraft2d.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/terrain.png

then create a crafting recipe for it. or even just make it only available for creative.

http://gyazo.com/436c3ace6303de7b17ca88d679a9fa2a.png

simples? :p

i joined my friend who was in another friends game, who had modded/hacked and placed emerald blocks around his world

and yes. i expect a few features from later updates to be in older ones for xbox 360 edition, such as item frames, 3d item drops, etc. and sandstone was one of them, infact i was even expecting different sandstone blocks in the previous update, along with the wood ones. nonetheless im still looking forward to the update as i can build new stuff.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

the temples are a huge big of terrain generation.. plus the jungle one requires things that arent in the 360 game yet

I get the new blocks thing but theyll just come when they get chance, things like tat they just slot in as they go, the sandstone ones were just an after thought on pc to add a bit of substance to a patch update, they basically just added them so that it wasent all bug fixes

there was quite a lot of problems initially with them, snow was completely removed from al worlds for a while, it caused the game to meltdown on older computers due to massive spikes in the resources it required, ghost entities appeared all over the place, worlds generated with sheer drops all over, you couldnt look up for a while on it because it crashed everything, there were quite a lot of problems, ended up with 5 patches even after all the snapshots that came before it.

the world generation was also completely redone for this because they switched to anvil to get the new world height

I must admit I didn't play any of the snapshots at that time so might have missed it, I do play snapshots now though as it's much more interesting than waiting.

microsoft studios are live streaming the new update and showing us whats in it. no texture pack news from what i saw though:(

great dissapointment

I'll take content over textures any day.

well, we alreeady know what content we are getting. we dont know what the mashup and texture packs look like..

i would have prefered to see the new mash up pack in action!

Minecraft coming to PS4, PS3 and Vita!!!!!

and developed by 4j as well(tweeted this morning). absolutely amazing. especially if the vita version is anything like what we have now and not the pocket edition. i'm not sure on the vitas specs and i'm too lazy to look them up but what i've seen on other games it looks like it would be possible. i've been waiting for something like that, a portable version of minecraft to work on redstone circuits and planning builds while on lunch break or grocery shopping(i hate grocery shopping lol)