Unbreakable weapon bug?

Timmeh

I made an electric rake the other day whilst playing coop connected to my friend's game in the starting mall area and used it a bit until it went flashing red. I dropped it so my friend could have a go with it, but after this it seemed to never break. We both went from level 7 to 15 with it taking it in turns in no time at all before we both had to go to bed.

Does anyone know why this rake became unbreakable? Is this a known bug? can it be repeated somehow? I just used the battery in the guitar shop, and the rake that's leant up against one of the sections with some green plants in the middle of the main walkway through the mall.

lol the same thing happen to me and my buddy the other day. Dont know why or how, but I made it used it until it was red and dropped it. My friend picked it up and threw it at me being funny and so I just picked it back up and continued on killing zombies. After killing about 50 more zombies I was starting to wonder if it could be unbreakable but after about 500+ kills with it and leveling up from 48 to 50, I figured I'd let my friend have it until it broke...only it never did and he went from 47 to 50 with the same damn rake...lol. :D

I hope there is other weapon bugs like that (* Im looking at you Fire Axe and Sledgehammer*:p )

I'm wondering if dropping it and picking it up as another player reset the status of it (since they'd have to keep track of each and every item you pick up and drop between the two of you, there would be a lot of overhead and potentially wasted memory), so it's easier for them to just reset the value to 0% damaged and by doing that it maybe glitched out?

Without seeing the games source code, I can only speculate :(

My doppleganger and I had the exsanguinator = vacuum cleaner + sawblade glitch on us. He created the weapon and used it until it was almost done. I then picked it up so that I could get the scratch card for it. I accidently threw it at the zombie instead of starting it up and picked it back up and it was good to go. Unfortunately it is a 'slow' weapon so it has a slight drawback.

I was playing with a friend, in his game, and the only weapon we successfully made unbreakable was the Parasol/Leafblower thing. While not the best weapon, we also tried numerous smaller weapons with no luck.

Based off of our experience, and the posts about successes, it seems like only the larger weapons that you can't "store" in your inventory can be unbreakable. I'm refering to the large weapons that drop when you try to swap inventory slots. (If that makes sense?)

Has anyone had a smaller combo weapon become unbreakable? Or just the larger ones?

I once had infinite ammo with a Pistol in Co-Op, the other player didn't touch it, but some Gas Zombie attacked me while I was shooting so maybe it glitched, dunno. Must try to do that somehow again, Super BFG with infinite ammo would be a killer.

I was personally interested in glitching the boxing gloves / knives and the mma gloves / nails.

Both of those, we tried three different times, in the exact manner we glitched the parasol / leaf blower, with no success. We also tried the Snowball cannon and the Defiler. Perhaps it's not 100% repeatable?

I'm still willing to pair up with someone in mine, or their games to further expand this research. I'm sure everyone would benefit from the wonders of unbreakable weapons? Lol.

I found out how to do it. I got this unlimited/unbreakable/infinite w/e Paddlesaw today, it was frigging kickass. A true weapon on mass destruction!!

I will not be giving any tutorials since some faggot will post his own version on YouTube and claim it as his discovery. I can join someone's game and give you one, you'll probably see how to do it there but don't claim it to be yours even if I do tell at some point.

Well, next test will be on ammo weapons.

I'll post the results here xD

As from what I've experienced and heard, there can be up to 3 ways to make this glitch happen. And I will try and exploit every single one of them. I will post them to youtube after each try Uncut. Check my channel: MikaAst for upcoming exploits and footage from DR2, including UNBREAKABLE PADDLE SAWS!!!

For example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPmo4uWSd-8]YouTube - Infinite Paddlesaw glitch MUST SEE!!! (part1)[/ame]

My first footage of it. Posting part 2 atm and part 3 tomorrow.

Tutorial up soon on YouTube!

This is it everyone, I decided to post a Tutorial of how to do this on YouTube.

You can see it on my channel in about couple of hours after I've sent this message, and I hope you enjoy it.

Also, please do NOT rip it, as me and my friend were the FIRST to find out HOW to do the glitch. If you're going to rip it, at least include our names in your video.

EDIT:

YouTube name:

MikaAst

Edited by Masti6

I made an electric rake the other day whilst playing coop connected to my friend's game in the starting mall area and used it a bit until it went flashing red. I dropped it so my friend could have a go with it, but after this it seemed to never break. We both went from level 7 to 15 with it taking it in turns in no time at all before we both had to go to bed.

Does anyone know why this rake became unbreakable? Is this a known bug? can it be repeated somehow? I just used the battery in the guitar shop, and the rake that's leant up against one of the sections with some green plants in the middle of the main walkway through the mall.

Cupujoe---- same thing happened to me with the push cart.. during " Meet the contestant" i pushed that thing all over the place, it never flashed red.. go figure

I did the unbreakable glitch with a spike bat. I never dropped it or let my friend use it. I used it til it was red, then switched to a sledgehammer (I did this with the first spike bat and sledgehammer at the beginning of the game.) After my sledgehammer broke I decided to just break the bat but it never did. I also could not do the power attack with the bat afterwards, but an easy 50pp every kill.

I have a tutorial up on YouTube on Unbreakable Paddlesaw, go check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufefR5iPIPQ]YouTube - NEW!! Unbreakable Paddlesaw FIRST TUTORIAL![/ame]

Works with Paddlesaw and Electric Rake and that red Speaker so far.

Seems to increase effect from foods.