Achievement Discussion

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mycheats.com/list/cheat/3160660/civilization_rev__/xbox_360

If this list is correct, then there are no online Achievements; or none that look like they're MP only, anyway! Maybe the 'win as <> civilisation' might unlock in MP as well as in the SP campaigns?

But, overall, they don't look too difficult. I'd say it'd take a week or two to get most of them. The Deity wins will be the hardest (obviously)...

The 3 & 9 point achievements will annoy GS purists!

Discuss...

They dont look to hard but we dont no how hard Deity is yet.

The difference between CHIEFTAIN and WARLORD is pretty large (from the demo, anyway). It's a struggle keeping all your cities as WARLORD... and that's an EASY setting! Only a god would know how tough DEITY is.

CHIEFTAIN - Very Easy

WARLORD - Easy

KING - Normal

EMPEROR - Hard

DEITY - Possibly very, very unfair!

There's possibly an easy strategy for conquering in Deity. There usually is in Sid Meier games!

From prior Civ experience, Deity will be very, very hard. I think the 1-City Challenge achievement will also be a struggle with perhaps culture the only way to win.

90% of the achievements will be a piece of cake. Those Deity, 1 City Challenge and the win by 1250 A.D. will be skill-testers.

I thought it was 1000 A.D. Either way it should be pretty difficult.

You're probably right; I've been playing the demo too much! Got 1250AD on the brain ^_^

Also, I've (quickly) calculated the 'easy' achievements if the list above is correct!

Complete with all Civs & Victory Types - 380GP

Complete all resource tasks - 125GP

Complete all minor tasks - 50GP

Battles & Famous People - 70GP

Total - 625GP on Chieftain level!

This leaves 375GP to be done at King or Deity.

Edited by tastefulmrship

I see theres a good percentage of achievements to get whilst strolling through the game on Chieften. The rest will be a challenge, but then that is a good way to keep peoples intrest in it.

Sometimes i think its a shame to only play games to get achievements, but then i look at my collection, and think ... what can i play to get an achievement quickly. lol

There might be a typo in the achievements list for:

The Universal Brotherhood of Man 25

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s31.jpgDevelop a city to produce 100 culture per turn.

The image shows the number 200, but the text states 100. I do not yet own the game and cant tell for sure which is correct.

There might be a typo in the achievements list for:

The Universal Brotherhood of Man 25

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s31.jpgDevelop a city to produce 100 culture per turn.

The image shows the number 200, but the text states 100. I do not yet own the game and cant tell for sure which is correct.

Ingame, it says '200 culture', must be a typo!

You're probably right; I've been playing the demo too much! Got 1250AD on the brain ^_^

Also, I've (quickly) calculated the 'easy' achievements if the list above is correct!

Complete with all Civs & Victory Types - 380GP

Complete all resource tasks - 125GP

Complete all minor tasks - 50GP

Battles & Famous People - 70GP

Total - 625GP on Chieftain level!

This leaves 375GP to be done at King or Deity.

That's cool...that makes it sound not so bad after all.

That We May Live in Peace (25)Win the game by year 1000 AD on King difficulty or higher.

I think this conquest difficult hard… why you have that of preference to play with the Germans and already to leave dominating everything. but the civilizations are distant one of the others.