Madden DLC Guide

SengIV

Madden NFL 10 AFL Legacy Achievement Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1000/+dMuVg==.jpgBlast From The Past (30 points)

Win an AFL-themed Madden Moment with AFL presentation turned ON.

Once you download the AFL Legacy pack under Madden Moments are about 5 new moments to play. They are at the top of the list and each picture is in black and white. Choose one of these and beat it. The first one is while playing as the Chargers come back down 16 - 24 with one minute left. Not very easy to do. The second is win the game in overtime. All you have to do is drive downfield and get a field goal. I would choose this one, as it is easy.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1000/+dMuVg==.jpgOrange Sherbet Anyone? (30 points)

Win an exhibition game with AFL presentation turned ON. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Just go into Play Now. Once there hit the RT to make AFL Legacy Pack turn on. Now you will have the fuzzy screen and everything. Then pick a team and play the game on All-Pro, 5 minute quarters. Some people have said that you can play with any teams, but I recommend playing it safe and doing AFL on AFL teams. Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Bills, Chiefs, Broncos are all AFL teams.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1000/+dMuVg==.jpgAFL Invades Franchise Mode (30 points)

Win an offline franchise AFL Legacy game with AFL presentation turned ON.

This one is not tricky at all. Go into Franchise. Choose either the Raiders, Chargers, Patriots or Bills to get this really fast. Then just play through either one of these teams' week one game. It will be an AFL Legacy game. The screen will NOT be orange and fuzzy, so dont worry about that portion. Finish the game and you get this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1000/+dMuVg==.jpgAFL Goes Online (30 points)

Play online wearing AFL jerseys. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op).

Play and complete any online game while wearing the AFL jerseys. Jerseys can be changed under Uniform Options in the team selection menu. The person you are playing against should probably have the jerseys too. Most people have reported that your opponent should have them. Multiple people have reported playing as the Chargers, changing all of the uniform, got them the achievement after one game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1000/+dMuVg==.jpgThe Ultimate Ten Point Swing (30 points)

Return a missed field goal for a TD with AFL presentation turned ON. 5 min qtrs, All Pro(no co-op)

Easiest method by far is with two controllers. Use the same setup as 'Orange Sherbet Anyone?' and then just play the game. Have the other controller kick a field goal and have you return it for a touchdown. Easiest way is to set the other team up at their own 15 yard line. Have them kick a field goal while you are in field goal return formation. Catch it and run towards a sideline. Try to move the other team out of the way. If you have a friend controlling the other controller, pressing B and moving to the opposite way makes you have a wide open space.

Edited by SengIV

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The secret one is returning a field goal for a TD. Play on all pro 5 min quarters, 2 controls. Make sure both controls are set to all pro. I played with the Chargers against the Titans in AFL mode. Kicked a fg from controller 2s own 10 yd line. Returned the kick with Sproles for SD (super fast) it popped immediately upon scoring.

tried afl on all-pro 5 min quarters scored on a missed field goal twice and no achievement?

Did you make sure that both controllers were set to "All Pro" difficulty? I had this problem also. I scored twice, thinking that it was after the game but then noticed the 2nd controller was set to "pro" difficulty.

I used the "dummy" controller as the Titans, set to All Pro, in the AFL mode (with the screen all old looking) and kicked the FG from the Titans own 10 yd line. With my account I caught the missed field goal with Sproles for San Diego and returned it for the TD and it unlocked instantly.

Edited by KSizzle

For the Achievement 'AFL invades Franchise mode' is it done in standard franchise mode? As I can't seem to find anywhere to change my team to AFL conditions..

As said in other threads, the (probably) quickest way possible is:

Start a new Franchise and make sure to set the quarters to 5 minutes and difficulty to All-Pro (I can't remember if this was on the starting screen, if not you can change it before readying up for a game, when selecting your playbook, jerseys, etc.)

Select the Chargers or Patriots as your team.

Either one is fine - both the Chargers and the Pats have a Rivalry game against another AFL team in Week 1:

Chargers - Raiders / Patriots - Bills.

As soon as you reach the main screen, press Start, scroll down to "sim this game" and scroll left/right to "Sim Pre-Season" and press A.

You'll be taken to Week 1 of the Regular Season, just start the game and you'll see an AFL logo at the bottom of the screen, too.

Just win the game, Achievement unlocked.

Edited by daenius

Side note: For the online achievement, you can still get it even if someone quits on you.

Some douche bag quit on me just after half time when I was up 10-0 and doing nothing but running up the middle. I continued on against the CPU and the achievement unlocked at the end of the game.

Just an FYI...

Alright I'-ve played two games wearing AFL Uniforms. The first game was unranked all-pro 5 minute quarters. The second game was a quick match with 7 minute quarters. I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning for nothing. What the hell do I have to do?

I got my online Achievement playing unranked all-pro 5min quarters. Not sure why yours didn't unlock then. There must have been some requirement that wasn't met.

As said in other threads, the (probably) quickest way possible is:

Start a new Franchise and make sure to set the quarters to 5 minutes and difficulty to All-Pro (I can't remember if this was on the starting screen, if not you can change it before readying up for a game, when selecting your playbook, jerseys, etc.)

Select the Chargers or Patriots as your team.

Either one is fine - both the Chargers and the Pats have a Rivalry game against another AFL team in Week 1:

Chargers - Raiders / Patriots - Bills.

As soon as you reach the main screen, press Start, scroll down to "sim this game" and scroll left/right to "Sim Pre-Season" and press A.

You'll be taken to Week 1 of the Regular Season, just start the game and you'll see an AFL logo at the bottom of the screen, too.

Just win the game, Achievement unlocked.

Thank you so much. Am trying this method now.

Two things you can update...

First, Orange Sherbert can be played with any teams, just push RT to activate AFL presentation (I used Cowboys vs Redskins).

Second, you can do the Franchise achv on 1 min qtrs. With clock accl on 25 secs, game took like 3 minutes. This is CONFIRMED, as I did it for my achv to test it out. Used Chargers vs. Raiders, 1 min qtrs, offsides off (just in case!), All Pro.

...and even though the achv description says "AFL presentation ON" there is no option to turn it on (in franchise), so don't sweat playing it with the non-orange screen. As long as you are playing one of the games the guides state, you are good to go.

does my opponent have to wear AFL jerseys also?

Edit: I played two more unranked all-pro 5 minute quarters. I guess I give up this is my last achievement and it won't unlock. I wonder if this has anything with me getting suspended from xbox live for a day. Would they lock my achievements?

Edited by DarkManX

Second, you can do the Franchise achv on 1 min qtrs. With clock accl on 25 secs, game took like 3 minutes. This is CONFIRMED, as I did it for my achv to test it out. Used Chargers vs. Raiders, 1 min qtrs, offsides off (just in case!), All Pro.

I can second that 1 min quarters on franchise works...