Return to Origins

KrossWinter

So, after buying the Signature Edition of Dragon Age 2, which I highly recommend, I popped it in and started a new game. There's not much change that's caused if you import your old save, but it made me want to get back to the original.

I'm not going to lie, I feel that Origins had a deeper story than it sequel, but DA2 has it's own sort of charm.

Anyways, the point is: Did anyone else get hit by sudden nostalgia and decide to go back and play through Origins all the way again, including Awakening and the other DLC? After I wrap everything up in this, that's what I think I'll do.

Whether it makes a difference or not now, Im playing thru Origins before I pop DA 2 in. Alot can be done with DA2 with origins story line...

EXAMPLE: What happened to Morrigan (and her son) when she falls thru the mirror after being stabbeed? Cause Flemmith was killed in a lot of games and reappears in DA2... and she's back?

Whether it makes a difference or not now, Im playing thru Origins before I pop DA 2 in. Alot can be done with DA2 with origins story line...

EXAMPLE: What happened to Morrigan (and her son) when she falls thru the mirror after being stabbeed? Cause Flemmith was killed in a lot of games and reappears in DA2... and she's back?

Honestly, I haven't gotten that far in Witch Hunt.

I do know that the explanation behind Flemeth's return is explained in game. She is, after all, a stupidly powerful....being.

Honestly, I haven't gotten that far in Witch Hunt.

I do know that the explanation behind Flemeth's return is explained in game. She is, after all, a stupidly powerful....being.

She pulled a voldemort sillies - Horcrux ftw.
I was thinking something to Marvel's Phoenix... An entity that looks for vessels to posses?
HAHAHA! Nice, that she did.

Being honest, I think she looks a lot cooler in this. More demonic and what not, perhaps betraying her character archetype in Origins, but still cool.

I like the new look alse. Even Isabella's look was updated

Hell, I haven't even started Witch Hunt. I decided to start a new playthrough when I got the Ultimate Edition. I had already beaten the game by then.

From what I understand in DA2, Flemeth gives Hawke the amulet before her 'death'. As such, I would think that it's more of a horcrux than her soul seeking out a vessel. Her soul was already in the amulet to begin with.

Then again, I don't even know who Phoenix is so...

From what I understand in DA2, Flemeth gives Hawke the amulet before her 'death'. As such, I would think that it's more of a horcrux than her soul seeking out a vessel. Her soul was already in the amulet to begin with.

Flemeth gives Hawke the amulet during the destruction of Lothering, which happens in Origins after beating one of the 4 main quests. Flemeth can be killed after giving Morrigan the Grimoire found in the Broken Circle quest. Thus, that whole scene with Hawke getting the amulet happens before Flemeth is killed.

Once you play DA2, and you do The Long Way Home quest with Merrill, you'll fully understand what the deal with Flemeth is and the connection to Origins and where they can take it for the 3rd game which I guarantee both Flemeth and Morrigan will have big roles in. ;):)

Personally, I did not. I wasn't a big fan of Origins combat, nor did I care for the characters in Origins (with the exceptions of Oghren, Alistair and Leliana)

I do agree with you, however, that Origins had a more focused story that made it a bit deeper, but I think that's mostly because DA2's story seems like more of a set-up for the conflict that will undoubtedly take place in DA3.

Personally, I did not. I wasn't a big fan of Origins combat, nor did I care for the characters in Origins (with the exceptions of Oghren, Alistair and Leliana)

I do agree with you, however, that Origins had a more focused story that made it a bit deeper, but I think that's mostly because DA2's story seems like more of a set-up for the conflict that will undoubtedly take place in DA3.

We must remember that the combat was more meant for PC. The transition didn't carry over well for the consoles.

Once you play DA2, and you do The Long Way Home quest with Merrill, you'll fully understand what the deal with Flemeth is and the connection to Origins and where they can take it for the 3rd game which I guarantee both Flemeth and Morrigan will have big roles in. ;):)

I would love to see Morrigan and Flemeth have a confrontation of some sort. Along side the Warden and Hawke pitching in, it would be simply amazing.

Flemeth gives Hawke the amulet during the destruction of Lothering, which happens in Origins after beating one of the 4 main quests. Flemeth can be killed after giving Morrigan the Grimoire found in the Broken Circle quest. Thus, that whole scene with Hawke getting the amulet happens before Flemeth is killed.

We know that, as Flemeth says it a sort of insurance. And during Long Way Home, she further clarifies that she was expecting what would happen to her if the Warden follows through on Morrigan's request.

Anyways, the point is: Did anyone else get hit by sudden nostalgia and decide to go back and play through Origins all the way again, including Awakening and the other DLC? After I wrap everything up in this, that's what I think I'll do.

I played DA:Origins on PC, thoroughly obliterated it, then never did the DLC; now with DA2 done, I'm playing through DA:Ultimate edition on the 360 lol.

Good call ^_^